Nii Lamptey Show (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
He claims Ramage and Lorentzon did well on trail and in the u21s but both were shown up in the first team. Lorentzon, he claims, never made a tackle and was woefully out of position all the time. The realisation came that Ramage couldn't do it after the Southend game while Lorentzon's performance against Colchester convinced KC we had been "sold a pup"

Ah, I just thought him being up front was tactical :)

Nick

Administrator
To be fair Nick he probably said the lion and sheep comment after weeks of abuse that we didn't even know about. I mean death threats, jesus some people are just cretins.

I only hope that going forward in his career his advisors have learnt something about guiding him and shielding him from things like this, which will help him to learn not to react as well. He didn't deserve such abuse.

I don't condone death threats or abusing the lad for leaving.

It is one thing commenting on his performance constructively on a fans website saying he wasn't very good etc, it's something different to send him a death threat because he is leaving.

The only thing the lion and sheep stuff would have done was annoy the "normal" fans who weren't giving him death threats and being dicks like that.

ajsccfc

I wonder if Sweden just had a rightback crisis the time he got capped? It's a shame about Lorentzson, I was expecting Roland v.2.

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if Sweden just had a rightback crisis the time he got capped? It's a shame about Lorentzson, I was expecting Roland v.2.

Further up somebody said:

Lotentzson didn't actually have a Sweden cap someone had edited his Wiki he had played for for a Sweden XI in some exhibition games in Thailand I think it was.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Is that definite? It's got him listed as starting a friendly against Finland here - http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football...lies/2013/sweden-finland_mtc597795/live.shtml

Wait never mind, it was part of the 'King's Cup' which sometimes includes club/invitational teams so it's not a proper international thing - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_King's_Cup

For some reason I can't open the link but was some end of season kings cup that's not officially recognised by Fifa

Ah just seen the wiki part.

stupot07

He said DMc was the best player, because he would turn a game on his own. He was quality, scored all kinds of goals.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Yep, me too.

I thought he looked comfortable on the ball and that his distribution was good. He did get caught out of position though and he wasn't endowed with pace either.

Very true about the lack of tackling, but I'm sure we have seen much worse at the club, even just in the past 5 years.

Nick

Administrator
Yep, me too.

I thought he looked comfortable on the ball and that his distribution was good. He did get caught out of position though and he wasn't endowed with pace either.

Very true about the lack of tackling, but I'm sure we have seen much worse at the club, even just in the past 5 years.

The game I saw, when he was on the right (on the side by the bench) he wasn't flying in with sliding tackles but he seemed to keep dispossessing their player and taking the ball. Did quite well.

Granted, he did keep making striker's runs! I assumed that we were just going for it.

torchomatic

To be honest I'm not sure why we agreed to keep him on loan. Was it simply just to soften the "blow" to fans? Mistake really to keep him. I wasn't too concerned we'd sold him.

Taking up a loan slot that TM had a decent striker lined up for, which would have brought the goals that had dried up.

fernandopartridge

Summary of what Crowley said:
- George Thomas needs more confidence in himself. Has all the talent - Joe Cole called him the most talented player at the club - but needs to believe in himself more and be selfish at times.
- Bury are going to have a fire sale this summer. Would have Leon Clarke back in an instant even though he's an interesting character, to say the least.
- The transfer plan is going to look at signing more players like Jodi Jones who are going up the leagues, rather than guys like Henderson/Ramage/Hunt who are going down the leagues.
- Ricketts will be a backup centre-back next year. Is being kept on for his off-field stuff, he's like a "defenders coach" and runs training sessions sometimes. An unofficial 'player-coach'. Tudgay is the same, but with the strikers.
- Lorentzson is one of the worst players he's ever seen at City. McGoldrick the best.
- Aaron Martin just isn't strong enough for Mowbray. Gets pushed off the ball too much for a CB.
- Steven Hunt was handled poorly, should've had an intense mini pre-season with the physios - a la Joe Cole - instead of just coming into normal training.
- Maddison transfer was the turning point. Cost us the chance to get a striker on loan. Club needed to take the money from Norwich.
- Maddison was badly affected by all the negative comments on social media from Coventry fans. Forced him to tears. Even was sent two death threats that the club had to report to police.
- JM10 is not some arrogant, cocky little twat at all, like he is made out to be by some. Is just a 19-year-old who struggled after going from local hero to hated for no reason overnight.
- Mowbray has been targeting players to sign for a month now.
- Says that this season was a learning curve for Mowbray, watching teams like Walsall and Burton thrive while Sheff UTD - with all their former higher league players - struggled.

I'm sure I've missed some out but that's the gist of it. The Maddison stuff was really eye-opening.

Cheers - I said similar about Thomas after the game at Oldham, at one point he got himself in on goal second half but wanted to pass to Armstrong.

Sterling Archer

The reaction to Maddison leaving, even on here, was unbelievable.

I've never seen a player's game so nitpicked apart on these boards before. There were always far worse players than Maddison in games and he (alongside Murphy at times) was made an uneccessary scapegoat.

Our fans are awful at times, I know all clubs have morons but picking on a 19 year old who came through the ranks and made the club a good chunk of money was very weird and came across as very bitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
The reaction to Maddison leaving, even on here, was unbelievable.

I've never seen a player's game so nitpicked apart on these boards before. There were always far worse players than Maddison in games and he (alongside Murphy at times) was made an uneccessary scapegoat.

Our fans are awful at times, I know all clubs have morons but picking on a 19 year old who came through the ranks and made the club a good chunk of money was very weird and came across as very bitter.

I struggled to see how he went from being "hacked down" to "diving" overnight. He wasn't doing much different to before his transfer.

SkyBlue_Bear83

But wasn't the loan limit the matchday squad or is there another limit of loans full stop? Surely he could have just not put loans like JM or bigi in the squad

I'm guessing either the player or the club wasn't willing to join without the guarantee of at least a place on the bench

Winny the Bish

Few more points KC made that I missed out last night:

- Aaron Phillips was nowhere near consistent enough. He had three separate chances to make the RB spot his own when Cyrus Christie left, when Jordan Clarke left and when Willis got hurt this year. He didn't take any of them fully and you can only get so many chances. He's 22 now and hadn't shown much to say that he deserved a fourth chance.

EDIT: Compare this to RCC, who only needed Burge to miss a few games and he made the starting GK role his, never looking back.

- Reice Charles-Cook has matured massively this season. Now wants to be a leader in the dressing room, goes around calling himself vice-captain not as a joke, but because he actually wants it.

- When RCC posted that christmas wish thing in the programme about wanting to win the Champions League with the current team, it was funny but it also came from the heart. The squad right now are a really tight-knit bunch of lads who all like each other and really want to do well together at Coventry City.

- Blair Adams and Adam Barton were the best players to work with. Called Adams the best LB in his 5 years at the club. Was perplexed when he was let go.

- There is still a very good player in Bigi waiting to come out. Thinks he will get there next season and play a bigger part than some think.

- Lameiras can switch off in games when things aren't going his way, needs to bulk up over the summer. Also made it sound like he was on a pretty decent wage and he needs to show he's worth it and kick on next season.

- The plan is to bring in a big physical striker, but one who can actually score goals, rather than just a target man for the sake of having a target man.

- There was no way Maddison could reject the Norwich move (in favour of a bigger team etc). It sets him and his entire family up for life.

- Also, players are dumb on social media. We all knew that already though.

Last edited:

Joy Division

KC also launched into the players who filmed a rap video in the dressing room last season whilst in the mix of a relegation battle. Sounded proper pissed off at them. ( I don't remember this or who it was)

KC had to teach Maddison to stop looking at his phone all the time. He's also had clubs watching him for the past three years.

Didn't get on with Andy Webster, had an argument after the Oldham 4-1 defeat last season when AW was captain but wouldn't face the media after the game, said he shunned all responsibilities.

Sounds like a decent lad who really had the players in check, Mowbray really liked and trusted him I think. Shame to see him go.

Nick

Administrator
KC also launched into the players who filmed a rap video in the dressing room last season whilst in the mix of a relegation battle. Sounded proper pissed off at them. ( I don't remember this or who it was)

KC had to teach Maddison to stop looking at his phone all the time. He's also had clubs watching him for the past three years.

Didn't get on with Andy Webster, had an argument after the Oldham 4-1 defeat last season when AW was captain but wouldn't face the media after the game, said he shunned all responsibilities.

Sounds like a decent lad who really had the players in check, Mowbray really liked and trusted him I think. Shame to see him go.

Wasn't it Nouble and a couple of others? Remember a video online after a loss.

shmmeee

I struggled to see how he went from being "hacked down" to "diving" overnight. He wasn't doing much different to before his transfer.

He was being paid by a different team.

Are we honestly playing dumb about football fans preferring players in their own side?

It was more that we stopped dressing up his diving and other quirks when he wasn't ours than we started making stuff up.

It's like your own kid vs someone else's of course their terrible behaviour is your child's "bad day" or whatever. That's human nature.

Still, never let a chance to feel superior to other City fans pass without comment eh guys?

Nick

Administrator
He was being paid by a different team.

Are we honestly playing dumb about football fans preferring players in their own side?

It was more that we stopped dressing up his diving and other quirks when he wasn't ours than we started making stuff up.

It's like your own kid vs someone else's of course their terrible behaviour is your child's "bad day" or whatever. That's human nature.

Still, never let a chance to feel superior to other City fans pass without comment eh guys?
Just like how it went from she said yes Marlon, to no, overnight?

usskyblue

He was talking about the worst 11, I'm sure malaga would be in there with him.

He did say "one of the worst", not " is the worst"

alan remembers Malaga..

reece-brown-coventry-city.jpg

wingy

Malga looked like he could make it in those early games and a good weapon at set pieces.
What did you for him was for me an even worse player going away,either in front of or alongside him.
I give you the irrepressible, Reece Brown!
OH shit never read the thread and didn't get the context of the previous post. :(

Gint11

Upsets me reading that about Maddison. A young lad who's been with us for 13 years, has talent and goes off to play at a higher level for more money and he gets death threats. There's some absolute hypocritical thunder cunts out there.

Nick

Administrator
Upsets me reading that about Maddison. A young lad who's been with us for 13 years, has talent and goes off to play at a higher level for more money and he gets death threats. There's some absolute hypocritical thunder cunts out there.

Hopefully they get dealt with.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm not one to hate Maddison but he jumped ship at the first opportunity, he's only made 16 starts in his career and thinks he's made it already. I don't think people would begrudge him the move had he actually given something back the to the club on the pitch.

Compare it to Wilson. I think there was an acceptance Wilson would be leaving and we couldn't hold him back, he was outstanding and his goals probably kept us up in the end that year, he was the best striker in the league and, he had nothing to prove at L1 level anymore and it was time for him to test himself at the next level and he walked straight into a team a level up.

I don't feel the same with Maddison, for all his talent he's not even proven himself in L1 yet. He's not ready for the step up, I suspect deep down he probably knows he's not ready but he just couldn't turn down the money.

13 years of development down the toilet as far as I'm concerned from a ccfc perepsective

The comparisons to Alli were laughable, Alli actually achieved something and was the stand out player of the entire league before earning his big move.

Users who are viewing this thread