Nick Kyrgios (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator

What a bloke, shithousery at it's best.

Travs

To be fair, on the rare occasions I’ve played tennis (same applies to badminton where I reached a reasonable level), aiming into the body at close range is a decent tactic, as the opponent cannot manoeuvre their arms to return it...

OffenhamSkyBlue

However, the act of aiming a ball deliberately at an opponent's body or head other than in an attempt to win a point is contrary to the spirit of the game (and possibly the rules). It would certainly fall into the "unsportsmanlike conduct". How many slams Nadal has won or how much money he has doesn't come into it.
The bloke's a knob with zero self-control. He should be reprimanded far more than he is, especially for insulting the umpire. He needs to fucking grow up and learn how to lose graciously. People who compare him to McEnroe are on a different planet - Mac used to WIN stuff!!!

Travs

Definitely smashing it at someone with the intent of hurting them is a bit suspect, can’t disagree with that.

But in a “net battle”, a ball close into the body is very difficult to deal with.

Terry Gibson's perm

He is a character and one who seems to be brave enough to speak about players like Nadal who want it all their own way

eastwoodsdustman

I can't help but like him, he's clearly a massive dickhead but I think every sport needs them. Loved Nadal absolutely giving him daggers after the shot he fired at his chest.
I’ve got 2 of those characters in my cricket team. It’s not fun week in week out I can promise you.

Mr Panda

I think he's great. I like a bit of a dick head in a sport like tennis just to disrupt the boring gentleman like conduct that is forced down your throat at Wimbledon.

Users who are viewing this thread