Nice gesture by the club. (1 Viewer)

edgy

They are selling a limited amount of "FA Cup" shirts at £10 each. You can add the 12bet.com and Pure Properties logos for £7 with all proceeds from this going to the Grace charity.

Astute

We had all better get ready for the next bit of shit news then.

SkyblueBazza

They are selling a limited amount of "FA Cup" shirts at £10 each. You can add the 12bet.com and Pure Properties logos for £7 with all proceeds from this going to the Grace charity.

What? You mean fans have to pay extra in order to advertise these organisations on what by that stage would be the fan's own property?

"A fool & his money are easily parted"

PUSB

torchomatic

I know. Ridiculous. This replica shirt thing will never catch on. Grace Charity get the proceeds my arse, I bet it goes straight into the pockets of Joyless and SISUE.

What? You mean fans have to pay extra in order to advertise these organisations on what by that stage would be the fan's own property?

"A fool & his money are easily parted"

PUSB

valiant15

Shouldn't the logo's already be on the shirt?

So you pay £10 for the shirt and £7 for the logo's, the £7 goes to charity, what happens to the £10?

Is the club also making a charitable donation?

And what is an fa cup shirt?

Please don't tell me its got some cheesy arsenal v Coventry gimmick embroidered on it.

Nick

Administrator
You also have to pay extra to have the Charity on there as I think as standard they come with nothing, people would only moan that they bought the shirt with a sponsor and it changed straight after.

hill83

"Fancy a yellow garish nylon shirt with bollocks on the front and back?"
"Then buy this shite, only £17, you will look the bollocks down the battle cruiser."

chiefdave

At a guess we're wearing the yellow kit as there's a shedload of the left hence them trying to shift them for a tenner a go off the back of this game. No reason not to be in Sky Blue, hardly a clash with red is it?!

Nick

Administrator
Decent business idea if they are trying to flog some old stock to be fair. Can't blame them.

Noggin

Only the sale of the logos goes to charity and in the mean time presumably the sponsors are paying extra the more logos people take, so sisu are charging £10 for the shirt which is what they were already charging, then getting paid extra from the sponcer companies for each £7 donation we give to charity while spoiling our £10 shirt with crappy logos.

The charity will make some money so I have no problem with this but it's hardly a nice gesture. They are trying to profit more themselves by appealing to peoples charitable side.

If you want the shirt buy it and give the £7 youself to charity. that way your shirt isn't spoiled by the sponcer logos.

Sisu arn't actually giving any money to charity, just the £7 extra that the shirts cost so they can give £7

shmmeee

Good gesture (though again behind the fan outrage at "screwing over Grace" - which we weren't).

Good to see someone somewhere is thinking about fan relations.

Noggin

It's raising money for charity. It's a nice gesture. Get the fook over it.

I don't have anything to get over, I said the charity get money so I don't have a problem with it (though I think the amount the charity is going to get is tiny, close to zero in fact because who in their right mind pays £7 to have their shirt made worse?)

They are selling a product no one wants (logos of companies that mean nothing to us) for £7 and giving that £7 to charity and they are being paid by the sponsors to do this.

So there is 2 income streams from this product no one wants, one of those income streams they will keep the other one they give to charity.

I'm not criticising Sisu for this just stating they don't deserve praise.

If they were giving the entire £17 to charity, I promise you I'd have said well done to them, but they aren't, they are using peoples desire to help charities to sell off old stock and bring in money from a sponsor, it's quite clever, I'll give them that, but praise worthy, it's not.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Why not give money to the charity direct? Cut out the middleman.

torchomatic

And money is going to Grace's charity.

I think the two charities should fight over the money. They could hire the Ricoh.

The higgs (a charity) are suing sisu for money they are owed.

What's your point?

cofastreecity

So they up the PR on how kind the Club are to a great cause like the childrens Grace Charity, whilst they agressively attack another Cov Children's Charity such as the Higgs, because of their involvement with the Ricoh, by claiming hundreds of thousands of pounds in damages, big hearts hey, don't think so, animals.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Shouldn't the logo's already be on the shirt?

So you pay £10 for the shirt and £7 for the logo's, the £7 goes to charity, what happens to the £10?

Is the club also making a charitable donation?

And what is an fa cup shirt?

Please don't tell me its got some cheesy arsenal v Coventry gimmick embroidered on it.

There is no special FA Cup shirt, its just the regular away kit which is available for £10. You can pay £7 extra to get the sponsors for the Arsenal match on the shirt.

Ashdown1

I would imagine a decision like this would come from club employees rather than head office so it's neither a for or against SISU issue really ?!

duffer

Money going to charity is a good thing. I'm just not convinced that this is the selfless act that it at first appears to be. In fact, I'm not sure that this actually costs the club anything - the generosity here is primarily from the supporters. The club get rid of some end-of-stock shirts, the sponsors tout their name around a bit more.

More generous might have been to leave the Grace Academy as the sponsor for the shirts for the Arsenal game (giving them national coverage) sell the shirts for £15 a pop and chuck a fiver a time to Grace off of the back of that too. Of course, that wouldn't make the club as much money.

It pains me to say it, but Villa beat this kind of thing all ends up with their Acorns tie in. http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/Acorns

(eeurgh, I had to go to AVFC. Now I need to wash my eyes and delete my browsing history.)

Sorry if this appears grumpy. I'm not saying it's a cheap stunt because it's a SISU idea. It's simply, imho, a cheap stunt.

WillieStanley

Only here would you find a thread like this. Unbelievable. Buy a cheap replica shirt and have the option of making a donation to a charity. What the frig is wrong with that?

duffer

Only here would you find a thread like this. Unbelievable. Buy a cheap replica shirt and have the option of making a donation to a charity. What the frig is wrong with that?

There's nowt wrong with it, as long as you're not pretending that the club are putting themselves out in a big way to do it.

Noggin

Nothing wrong with it but the club aren't doing anything, it's almost the same as us making the donation ourselves to the charity but if we like this way we can get our shirt spoiled.

If Sisu sold shirts and donated the money to charity they deserve praise, if sisu sell scarves and donate money to charity they deserve praise, if sisu sell anything that people may want to buy and donate the proceeds to charity sisu deserve praise but they aren't doing any of those things, they are selling logos to companies and giving the money to charity and are being paid by these companies to do so.

Sisu aren't sacrificing anything to do this in fact they are gaining, a from selling more shirts, b taking the money from the sponsor companies.

There is no real downside, they aren't doing anything wrong and perhaps a charity will even benefit a little but they don't deserve praise for it, they are getting paid for this and it benefits them.

I've got some old dirty underwear with holes in, I was going to throw them out but if anyone wants to give me £10 I'll give £9 to charity. Aren't I generous? Or perhaps the purchaser of my worthless boxers are actually the one being generous and I deserve no praise at all. That said I think my underwear with holes in still has significantly more worth and value than an iron on logo of a betting company.

Noggin

We've always had the option of buying the shirt (the price hasn't changed from what its been for a while) and making the donation to charity, but now it comes with a free defacement of the shirt and sisu get to make it sound like its them making the donation when it isn't, it's whoever buys the logos.

Users who are viewing this thread