Nice attack (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Horrifying. When will it all stop?

SBAndy

I'm afraid the cynic in me has taken over tonight. New tactics to spare their attackers' lives? The whole purpose of martyrdom is the sacrifice of your own life. Guns and grenades on board? Why were there no backup attackers then?

Don't get me wrong, shocking news and thoughts go out to all concerned. But this is all far too 'perfect' for my liking.

derbyskyblue

I doubt it will, the world is one seriously fooked up place at the moment. I wish i knew the answer to it all.......

Astute

Had my eye on it since I saw about it just before midnight. My 14 year old is going to Paris for a week with her school today.

So yet another attack in the name of Muslims who are against violence. Many children killed. I just can't get my head around how they get someone who is against violence to commit mass murder.

Otis

Had my eye on it since I saw about it just before midnight. My 14 year old is going to Paris for a week with her school today.

So yet another attack in the name of Muslims who are against violence. Many children killed. I just can't get my head around how they get someone who is against violence to commit mass murder.
These are extremists, Astute. A million miles away from the normal, peace abiding Muslim unfortunately.

Think Christian and then think KKK, it's that kind of differential.

These are not normal Islamists. :( Extremist views with twisted logic.

Astute

These are extremists, Astute. A million miles away from the normal, peace abiding Muslim unfortunately.

Think Christian and then think KKK, it's that kind of differential.

These are not normal Islamists. :( Extremist views with twisted logic.
Yes Otis. But they were not born extremists. And there is not just a few of them.

Otis

Still a very tiny minority though.

I have a problem with all organised religion to be honest. All seems to be about picking out which bits of ancient scripture suit your argument.

Astute

Still a very tiny minority though.

I have a problem with all organised religion to be honest. All seems to be about picking out which bits of ancient scripture suit your argument.
I believe every part of my 'religion'. And I will stay the same until proven wrong. I am atheist.

Yes I know it is a very small % of Muslims that are extremists. But how many are there still? It isn't a small amount.

Macca

In years to come the Islamic conquest of Europe will be seen as patient tactical genius. Lets see where we are in 20 years

Macca

Fuck only knows, I feel genuinely sorry for moderate followers of Islam (though I can't relate to religion generally) however the fanaticism of a good number of its followers (taking actual action or condoning the concept) is only moving in one direction. And I am talking worldwide not in the UK where largely we stand side by side

Macca

I believe every part of my 'religion'. And I will stay the same until proven wrong. I am atheist.

Yes I know it is a very small % of Muslims that are extremists. But how many are there still? It isn't a small amount.

I believe there are sufficient to bring a modern day soft under bellly western nation to submission within 20 years. France or Belgium, possibly the Netherlands or one of the liberal Scandinavian countries.

Covrock

From the leaders of isis..If you can't get to the battle ground. Then any target in the west will suffice....There are thousands of these loan wolves out there and unfortunately nothing can stop these types of attackers.
Astute, hopefully the school will reassess the situation and come to the correct decision. I know what I would do

Astute

I am happy for her to go. So if they give us the choice she will be going.

westofrayne

These attacks we are seeing are ramping up, nowhere will be safe from an individual with a gun/bomb, they are designed to kill but also to spread fear to the western world. Its no coincidence that they are ramping up from summer, devastating holiday locations, where it will not only kill but devastate the local ecconomny.

Our thought are with the family's of those killed or injured.

skybluetony176

Because they're not Muslims. They're psychotic individuals doing it in the name of Islam. All they've done is nail they're demented reasoning for violence to the mask nearest to them. If they weren't doing it in the name of Islam they'd find another cause or line of "reasoning" to commit act's of violence. It might not be on this scale but they'd be doing something.

ajsccfc

The goal of all these attacks is to cultivate an 'us vs them' barrier between Muslims and non-Muslims, with any loss of innocent life a handy bonus. Hard to say they're not winning.

Unrelated, but I read the thread title very wrong at first.

Astute

Fair play to you mate.
You have to. We need to carry on as normally as we can. Otherwise they win. Countries like Turkey are already suffering badly because of it.

It is a trip to Disneyland as part of what they are doing. But for instance Sunday 17th first full day there. D Day museum, Arromanches, Omaha beach, Pointe du Hoc, German cemetery La Cambe and British cemetery.

It is much more than just a school trip. It is learning respect. Something they just don't have. We can't let them win.

Otis

Because they're not Muslims. They're psychotic individuals doing it in the name of Islam. All they've done is nail they're demented reasoning for violence to the mask nearest to them. If they weren't doing it in the name of Islam they'd find another cause or line of "reasoning" to commit act's of violence..

I sort of agree with that, but they are Muslims in my opinion. Just not true Muslims. They follow the holy scriptures, but just pick out the bits that support their beliefs.

As you say, it is in the name of Islam and I do believe that like the Taliban they believe in restricting women's rights and people 's freedoms and believe in paradise after life.

They certainly do believe in many of Islam's beliefs and teachings.

Nick

Administrator
Known to the police....

It always seems to come out with things like that when it is too late :(

Captain Dart

The way this is going Facist style parties will be back in power in a decade.

I'm expecting Marine Le Pen to come a very close second in the 2017 French Presidential elections.

Not the way I saw society going a decade ago.

By the way, did Enoch prothisise this, the Promenade Anglais was a 'River of Blood' last night. :arghh:

Sky_Blue_Daz

In what religion are these actions right ?

Covstu

Another shocking scene last night, breaks my heart watching it. We cannot let the fuckers win and astute is absolutely right you cannot stop living because of what is happening.

Sadly with things like this, it validates the referendum in that Brexit was right using the immigration argument. Reality isn't the case but this is how it will be viewed by some.

Astute

Just been contacted by the school. The trip is going ahead but it is up to us if our children go or not. I hope my daughter isn't going alone. Will certainly be thought provoking for those who do go.

Nick

Administrator
I probably wouldn't let mine go abroad on their own without me to somewhere like that.

Astute

I probably wouldn't let mine go abroad on their own without me to somewhere like that.
She is 14 now. Went to Italy last December skiing with the school.

How old is yours? Only child?

Astute

7 and an only child. So a lot different :)
Yeah just slightly ;)

I have grandkids now. My youngest 2 are 6 and 7. I wouldn't let them go yet either. But the more kids you have the more you mellow out. They are only kids once. My 14 year old gets things as she is either top or nearly top of her year at everything.

If she ever became the typical teenager she would get nothing.

Monners

I wouldn't stop my kids from travelling abroad. There are easier ways to die in the UK (statistically). When I used to go to Ireland to see family in the dark old days, it was rare to hear an English accent - people were scared to go as they didn't know they would be safe - and this is in Dublin as well as the North. It's all about perception - keep calm and carry on.
I now work in London and you just have to get on with it. Maybe something will happen. Maybe it won't. The chances of me being caught up in something is remote.

Users who are viewing this thread