Next years budget (3 Viewers)

JSL

Doug has invested. He has sorted out the training ground for starters. Expect an exciting summer. Last summers signings were beyond expectations and he had barely got his feet under the table. How many times did he break the transfer fee record for the club again? The bar is set high now.

Liquid Gold

I’d imagine there is money for 2-3 quality signings as things stand. If Vik moves that makes another 2-3 that we can use to make a good squad great.

Sheaf could be used to generate the money if Vik doesn’t move proving MR has a replacement in mind and would prefer new signings to keeping him.

samccov1987

As others have mentioned not sure Doug has put anything into the playing squad just reinvested transfer money.

Theres nothing wrong with that, it’s the way clubs should be run. The problem is we’re in a league distorted by parachute payments and owners fronting huge losses making it a real challenge to break through the glass ceiling.

The improvements at the trading ground are welcome and the commercial side of the club is definitely being ran better.

Will be interesting to see the season ticket prices I suspect we’ll see a significant rise. My worry is that it becomes unaffordable for some and we actually see a drop off in gate revenue.

SBT

It would be foolish to pass up on more attacking reinforcements to spend more money on keepers. Good teams with middling keepers can easily compete at the top of this division; middling teams with good keepers usually don’t.

SBAndy

If we’re using player sales to fund operating losses then we’ll never progress.

No business is successful when its business model involves selling assets to plug operating losses. Eventually you run out of assets to sell.

Stop the mindset that player registrations are ‘assets’ and treat them more like stock. Bring in at cost price, add value and then sell. Thats how most goods and commodities businesses operate. Don’t get me wrong, you have to be hot in the market and buy/sell at the right time, but absolutely no reason that model can’t work.

Sbarcher

Stop the mindset that player registrations are ‘assets’ and treat them more like stock. Bring in at cost price, add value and then sell. Thats how most goods and commodities businesses operate. Don’t get me wrong, you have to be hot in the market and buy/sell at the right time, but absolutely no reason that model can’t work.
That model is not working for our friends in the North East.

Deity

Fans make you laugh …. Why isn’t king putting millions in ? Why bother buying the club ? And then in the same breath Why are season tickets going up ? Why are end of season awards nights going up ?

Fans spend other peoples money more freely than they spend their own …..

Deity

Oh and by the way Forest season tickets have gone up from £500+ in the championship to £850 next season.

We may not like it but the more success you have the more it costs everyone. The only beneficiaries are the players and their agents.

bigfatronssba

Fans make you laugh …. Why isn’t king putting millions in ? Why bother buying the club ? And then in the same breath Why are season tickets going up ? Why are end of season awards nights going up ?

I don’t think anyone is saying he should put millions in.

I just find it strange that, if as asserted here, he buys a loss making business without the means or willingness to fund the losses.

If losses have been funded by the sale of Gyokeres and Hamer, what would he have done if both had got seriously injured in the play off final?

wingy

It would be foolish to pass up on more attacking reinforcements to spend more money on keepers. Good teams with middling keepers can easily compete at the top of this division; middling teams with good keepers usually don’t.
Not sure I agree about this, Kasper Schmeichel and the effect on Leicester,as proved by relegation after Rodger's not renewing him?

Saddlebrains

Doug has invested. He has sorted out the training ground for starters. Expect an exciting summer. Last summers signings were beyond expectations and he had barely got his feet under the table. How many times did he break the transfer fee record for the club again? The bar is set high now.

He hasnt.

He wandered into 30 million quid of player sales, and an unplanned for 4 million quid from the plag off run.

Yes hes put that back into the club which is more than Sisu did, but its very easy to spend money that isnt physically coming out of his backpocket

Yorkshire SB

Gyokeres will surely go.

Sporting would be crazy not to sell while interest is so high. His value will plummet if his performances drop next season. Plus Amorim was meant to be a big reason for him going there and by all accounts he’s off.

I’d be expecting another £6-8m to come in, of which you’d hope we can reinvest 75%.

Priority for me;
CM
CB
AM (who can play middle and wide if needed)

Saddlebrains

You gonna beg for a free season ticket next year? What excuse you gonna make up?
Just find it strange that a self proclaimed super fan tries to get free stuff, at least the smelly hatters pay their way.

I might do now you've asked, might say I've been bullied by a nasty man with loads of logins

fatso

As others have mentioned not sure Doug has put anything into the playing squad just reinvested transfer money.

Theres nothing wrong with that, it’s the way clubs should be run. The problem is we’re in a league distorted by parachute payments and owners fronting huge losses making it a real challenge to break through the glass ceiling.

The improvements at the trading ground are welcome and the commercial side of the club is definitely being ran better.

Will be interesting to see the season ticket prices I suspect we’ll see a significant rise. My worry is that it becomes unaffordable for some and we actually see a drop off in gate revenue.
Brentford, Brighton, Bournmouth, Luton and Sheffield utd showed us what can be achieved with good management rather than millions of pounds.

For the first time in decades the owner of the club shares the same philosophy as the manager, that is quite unique here, and gives me real hope that with a couple of quality signings, we can now expect at least a top 6 finish next season, rather than just hoping for one.

steve cooper

I think we need to wait and see. DK came in during January 2023, 15/16 months ago. That's 3 transfer windows. January windows are notoriously difficult to do any decent business, and as said, last summer was beyond our dreams, due to the 2 sales.

Senior Vick from Alicante

If we’re using player sales to fund operating losses then we’ll never progress.

No business is successful when its business model involves selling assets to plug operating losses. Eventually you run out of assets to sell.

I dont think its a selling to fund model in that respect, more of if you get an offer you cant refuse then reinvest and go again. He must have a fund for the club somewhere as he bid 20 million for the stadium and business and that would have needed financing. We do have to go again this summer and I just think its how we use it and if its supplemented further via the Gyokeres sell-on. Its also if the players were bought on instalments rather than outright, if its the former there could be more room for maneuver then we think.

Grendel

No idea, not sure if it will ever become clear over time either. That isn't to knock him really either, things are going well currently and the club has a much better feel to it now. However, i dont see us spending big sums this summer without some fairly big departures or an unexpected investor coming in like has happened elsewhere.

There is a £6 million loan outstanding which I assume will be owed to King

Sky Blue Harry H

Brentford, Brighton, Bournmouth, Luton and Sheffield utd showed us what can be achieved with good management rather than millions of pounds.

For the first time in decades the owner of the club shares the same philosophy as the manager, that is quite unique here, and gives me real hope that with a couple of quality signings, we can now expect at least a top 6 finish next season, rather than just hoping for one.
Cross Bournemouth off that list - they spent multi-millions to achieve promotion due to their Russian benefactor.

bigfatronssba

I dont think its a selling to fund model in that respect, more of if you get an offer you cant refuse then reinvest and go again. He must have a fund for the club somewhere as he bid 20 million for the stadium and business and that would have needed financing. We do have to go again this summer and I just think its how we use it and if its supplemented further via the Gyokeres sell-on. Its also if the players were bought on instalments rather than outright, if its the former there could be more room for maneuver then we think.

I completely get the plan of selling players for profit and reinvesting back in the squad.

I’m just saying that using that same money to cover operating losses isn’t a sustainable model.
It’s basically what held us back from about 1970 onwards

skybluericoh

'It's our Club, ownership is only temporary'. Is something else we as fans say. But like you said, moan like hell when we are asked to support the club financialy.

Doug does have to try and balance up any increase with what people are willing and in some cases able to pay, but if we want success we have to be prepaired to do our bit and support if we can.

Users who are viewing this thread