Next years budget (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Ultimately you can’t push seriously for promotion and not spend more than you earn. I’d hope King understands this and I suspect it’s why everything has five year time scales. A bounded risk for five years, that will run up some debt but not excessively to prevent the club being sold if we don’t go up.

Winny the Bish

He is. Arsenal and another club have already spoken to his agent. You dont do that if you arent willing to pay the release clause. Vik is also open to it

Sheaf will go if Vik doesnt move on. If he does, Sheaf stays.

Kyprianou may well be coming in anyway, we need a CM

From what i was last told a fortnight or so back

Bologna taking the piss on Binks valuation so dont expect to see him back.

Kelly, Moore and O'Hare will be released.

Godden will be going

Binks loan return

What we are 100% in the market for are

2 CB
1 CM
1 CAM
1 RW
1 ST

Id expect that as a bare minimum
This sounds pretty much like the perfect summer to me, when you consider we don’t buy “backups”.

All these incomings are competition for the Starting XI and if say 4 of the 7 force their way into the team week in, week out we’ll be a much stronger side next season.

Robins and the recruitment team aren’t thinking “We need to replace Kelly, who didn’t play much, so we can just get a League 1 level player” like some on here seem to believe.

Saddlebrains

2CB? Really? 1 yes, but i cannot see 2 unless one is a teenager to develop.
1 CM surely depends on Sheaf, no way i can see us having 5 CMs all of whom senior players.
I dont think we will get a no10.
Yes, no doubt about RW, but again wont be big money, likley young to develop behind Sakamoto
1 ST is a definite, but again dont think it will be a big outlay.
I dont think Arsenal will get him unless they let Jesus go. Not sure how many clubs will be prepared to pay Jesus what he wants as he isnt that good!

Nketiah is the one who will be off

M&B Stand

There'll be plenty of quality available out of contract, good recruitment in the summer and a good start we’ll be fine.
Losing 4 million a year running costs we ain’t spending unless Vic money comes our way.

shmmeee

There'll be plenty of quality available out of contract, good recruitment in the summer and a good start we’ll be fine.
Losing 4 million a year running costs we ain’t spending unless Vic money comes our way.

Then we ain’t pushing for promotion 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have to say I see the same negative stuff written about DK from the same handful of people every time an opportunity presents itself I.e a stupid rumour doing the rounds.

My only guess is that these are either ex box holders who bear a grudge that the prices have gone up to a reasonable Championship cost or Dawkins/Dawkins mates who seemingly can’t stand him because him and his mate lost the bid for the club.

The fact is we are worlds apart from the team we were in the SISU days and as a fan the overwhelming feeling is one of great positivity for our future. I think most agree we look Prem bound over the next 3-5 years. Moreover, the actual infrastructure seems 10x better than it ever was and we are getting things such as a retro range to bolster sales that we all were begging for years ago.

I wouldn’t expect him to be spending millions of his own money, running a massive risk to the club. Especially in the current climate with all of the points deductions and record losses so it is refreshing to see us in a decent financial position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gynnsthetonic

I have to say I see the same negative stuff written about DK from the same handful of people every time an opportunity presents itself I.e a stupid rumour doing the rounds.

My only guess is that these are either ex box holders who bear a grudge that the prices have gone up to a reasonable Championship cost or Dawkins/Dawkins mates who seemingly can’t stand him because him and his mate lost the bid for the club.

The fact is we are worlds apart from the team we were in the SISU days and as a fan the overwhelming feeling is one of great positivity for our future. I think most agree we look Prem bound over the next 3-5 years. Moreover, the actual infrastructure seems 10x better than it ever was and we are getting things such as a retro range to bolster sales that we all were begging for years ago.

I wouldn’t expect him to be spending millions of his own money, running a massive risk to the club. Especially in the current climate with all of the points deductions and record losses so it is refreshing to see us in a decent financial position.

Let's be honest, Dawkins mate was never in the running it was just Dawkins trying to make himself look important

Hobo

It doesn't matter whether he was given the club or whether he paid a pound for it. The important thing is the club has to grow across the board, not just the first team players. The club and it's infrastructure were left to rot for years. We are playing catch up!

A few thousand extra season tickets and shirts don't actually go that far in the grand scheme of things. But steady increments win the race.

It is early days and things are going in the right direction. Enjoy what we have now, because it has been a purple patch about winning consistently.

I witnessed our time in top flight and eventually the Premier League. Most of it was as dull as ditch water. Little to crow about other than we had never been relegated from top flight. We often got turned over in the League Cup and FA Cup by lower league teams

I suggest go to Wembley Sunday and support the club whatever the result. Be proud. It's the cup you never know....

skyblue025

He is. Arsenal and another club have already spoken to his agent. You dont do that if you arent willing to pay the release clause. Vik is also open to it

Sheaf will go if Vik doesnt move on. If he does, Sheaf stays.

Kyprianou may well be coming in anyway, we need a CM

From what i was last told a fortnight or so back

Bologna taking the piss on Binks valuation so dont expect to see him back.

Kelly, Moore and O'Hare will be released.

Godden will be going

Binks loan return

What we are 100% in the market for are

2 CB
1 CM
1 CAM
1 RW
1 ST

Id expect that as a bare minimum.
I'd say that's about right. If we could get a starting keeper as well that would be the cherry on top.

Cally Fedora

How can the argument be made that if we don’t invest we won’t be pushing for promotion. If you assume Godden, Kelly and O’Hare go then we’re in no different position to this year really. And we’ve been in the play off mix. Next year we won’t have to settle so many key players in. Mason-Clark is done. If we get a midfielder and a back up striker I think we’re ok. We already have the firepower - its goals that get you out of the Championship

Brighton Sky Blue

How can the argument be made that if we don’t invest we won’t be pushing for promotion. If you assume Godden, Kelly and O’Hare go then we’re in no different position to this year really. And we’ve been in the play off mix. Next year we won’t have to settle so many key players in. Mason-Clark is done. If we get a midfielder and a back up striker I think we’re ok. We already have the firepower - its goals that get you out of the Championship
Clearly not as we've scored more than last season

shmmeee

What’s cost us play offs is the size of the squad. If we have a smaller squad that will be worse.

SBAndy

What’s cost us play offs is the size of the squad. If we have a smaller squad that will be worse.

Think I said it last season but I don’t think the actual squad size is too bad. It’s more the case that players like Godden, Tavares, Kelly, etc need to be of starting quality. Definitely wouldn’t want smaller though.

skybluecam

In addition to EMC I see us needing at least 4 more players (CB, CM, ST, CAM) to have any chance of competing. Depends if you think that counts as significant investment. And ideally we’d get one or two more as well.

dadgad

I'm hoping Rachel Reeves will sort the tax evasion/avoidance issue for once and for all.

Wouldn't be unhappy with a 1p increase in income tax for all, and a wealth tax.

🙄 Neolib bitch. She’s a Blairite. Any excess revenue will mean more bombs for Israel, less equality, NHS sold off to P.F.I.

Sky Blue Pete

Doug king was on talksport himself saying about break even operational costs

SkyBlue_Bear83

I wouldn't sell Sheaf even if Vik doesn't go early.

We have Sheaf for two years so he will still have good value in another 12 months time so we aren't under pressure to sell in that aspect

Current squad minus O'Hare, add in Mason Clark and two or three low cost permanent signings for some depth and two or three quality loans and I think we can have a go at the play offs next season without spending much money.

Having to sell Sheaf because Gyokeres doesn't move early sounds a bit desperate to me and would usually indicate to me financial trouble.

Matt smith

2CB? Really? 1 yes, but i cannot see 2 unless one is a teenager to develop.
1 CM surely depends on Sheaf, no way i can see us having 5 CMs all of whom senior players.
I dont think we will get a no10.
Yes, no doubt about RW, but again wont be big money, likley young to develop behind Sakamoto
1 ST is a definite, but again dont think it will be a big outlay.
I dont think Arsenal will get him unless they let Jesus go. Not sure how many clubs will be prepared to pay Jesus what he wants as he isnt that good!
You don’t think we’ll get a number 10 😂😂😂

It’ll probably be the position we spend the most money on, especially if the targets are meant to be exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread