Next year season tickets (1 Viewer)

CCFC88

Agreed
Keep them at what they are for current season ticket holders as a thanks from the club for sticking by them even if were back at ricoh
Slight increase if bought before a certain date say upto £300 for new season ticket holders and then after a date upto £350.
I am basing this on getting bums on seats and earning the revenue from F&B which again would have to be down to the deal to get us at the ricoh. Because were going to have a hard season if/when we go up. So the extra supporters there could make a difference.
Pricing at the top end of £500 just gives fuel to the stay away groups.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Theres no way ST prices will be frozen whether at StAns or the Ricoh. 18/19 at the Ricoh in L1 was 299 standard 345 premium (early bird), Id be expecting that to rise to 350 & 400 respectively in the championship and then another increase after early bird.

Will there be a gesture for those renewing from StAns, they could probably get away with not doing that, anyone that had a ST at StAns will 100% get one at the Ricoh.

We are going to have a hard season, it will be a little less harder if MR has a bit more cash to spend

The coventrian

I'm sure Sheff Wed and Leeds have charged upwards of £40 to away fans in the Championship, be prepared for that if you thought Ipswich was expensive.
Yes they have. My mate at work is a villa season ticket holder and he moans like fuck at some of the prices. Villa have some kind of scheme to buy away tickets so even if he doesnt go to a certain away game he'll sell the ticket on for a nice little profit.

Sick Boy

Yes they have. My mate at work is a villa season ticket holder and he moans like fuck at some of the prices. Villa have some kind of scheme to buy away tickets so even if he doesnt go to a certain away game he'll sell the ticket on for a nice little profit.
That’s crazy, especially as I think the PL has a £30 cap on away tickets.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Thing is though,it cant stay cheap forever can it? Not if we want a competitive squad cos let's be honest the owners arent really gonna help are they. Itd be interesting if someone could find a list of championship clubs st prices for this season.
I agree, I was just waiting for the next list of excuses for our stayaways. They all want a top championship side at league 2 prices

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It's a difficult balance. I wouldn't want to see fans priced out at all but also understand that if we are going to have the finances to not die on our arse in the Championship then the club has to generate income. As a Season Ticket holder I wouldn't be too upset about a price hike to say £350. Afterall, the level of opposition, atmosphere with bigger crowds etc will be better, the product is unquestionably better. Also, for games like Villa, it will be one of those games where every City fan in the world decides to go & will pay £30 say, so supply & demand plays a part like it does with every business in the modern world.

It's an impossible balance for the club. There are plenty of genuine fans who would love to go every week for £20 who can't afford to, and that's genuinely really sad, thanks to the ST fund I guess as a fanbase we have helped with that in some aspects, but in other cases, there are City fans who have no idea who any of our players are who would turn up to Villa if it was £50. That isn't a slant on them, just the way it is. How the club try to balance it, I imagine they will be criticised regardless. Would I pay £400 for us to have more money that gives us a better chance of survival in the Champhionship (if that was a given, which it by no means is), yes, but I am fortunate enough to be far from loaded, but have enough money to buy a season ticket.

Legia Sky Blue

Much depends if we are still playing outside Cov. If we are I don't think you could ask more than £25 per match, but then only for big matches, with £20 being the normal price.

If we are playing back in Cov I think it would be reasonable to go as high as £30 for the bigger games and £25 the rest, particularly if there is a restricted capacity post Covid. The exception would be midweek and televised games, where maybe reduce those prices by a fiver. Season tickets I think should be around the £400 mark, with a giveaway of some sort to existing season ticket holders who didn't get a full season, along the lines of a few free tickets to the less attractive games.

Adge

I'm sure Sheff Wed and Leeds have charged upwards of £40 to away fans in the Championship, be prepared for that if you thought Ipswich was expensive.
Indeed. Was talking about that on the way back from Ipswich. Not sure Sheff Wed v Coventry City would be as big a draw as say Sheff Wed v Leeds or Villa etc, so may be reflected in a lower away ticket for us.
Could I afford £40 if Leeds charged that for an away ticket? Fortunately yes, but I may choose not too as for me that is too much for Championship football and probably more expensive than most of the Premier League for an away ticket.

christonabike

Looking forward to the season I will buy a season ticket if I can afford it for me and Jess even if its to watch on the interweb lol! Bought a new top already if we do manage to go and restrictions are lifted.
upload_2020-6-2_20-19-27.jpeg

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I don't think not being able to afford to go is an excuse to stay away.
My problem is they want the club to cut to the bone. But then expect a top class team

It’s like me kicking off at Ferrari for making the F50 too expensive and moaning that I’ve got to drive around in a Citroen

christonabike

On the bay of fleas matey! If you google Sergio tacchini Dallas top sky blue it’s sold out in most retro shops but grabbed this.
Time will tell if it shows up.

CCFC88

Took a look out of interest and Pboro's cheapest ST are 349 on their "terrace" and 439 in the stands, those are early bird rising to 399 and 489 respectively

Sunderland are 310 behind the goals and 395 on the sides.

Some pretty extortionate pricing there for L1 football, I don't think we can moan at anything in the 350-420 region (if back at the Ricoh) next season

skybluesam66

1st season at the Ricoh in the Championship was £352

add in 15 years of inflation would bring that nearer £450

In my opinion they should be looking around £375 EB rising to £400 with an extra £50 for premium

Maybe allowing existing STH who forfeit any refund to upgrade to premium for free

covboy1987

Well they could renew this year's ST holders... Spread them around St Andrews (if we are staying) and meet the potential 30% criteria that's being bandied around at the moment.

Although don't expect coaches going though.
Time to move back home - No future at St Andrews

christonabike

I’m all for moving home when Wasps fold and we don’t prop them up.
In fact no I’m not. Fooking hate the place. I enjoy Stans it’s a great day out and a good old ground with all the trimmings of a day drinking and strolling to the ground. Ideally our own ground would be fantastic but things have to change. The Ricoh does t hold many great memories only a windswept ground with everyone spread out and away fans with the seats behind the goal. If the experience was tweaked and it was easier to park or get to and it made us feel like our home yes I’m for it but that’s a long way off at the moment when we are suing the landlords in a round about manner. Wait till the hotel is built on car park C less place to park ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread