Next year season tickets (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

Wondering what will happen
Sunderland put on sale saying would be a streaming service if not allowed in ground
We have 2 in our household but only need 1 streaming pass
Also in championship around 10 games would be televised anyway as all midweek games are on sky
Be an interesting decision

lord_garrincha

Well they could renew this year's ST holders... Spread them around St Andrews (if we are staying) and meet the potential 30% criteria that's being bandied around at the moment.

Although don't expect coaches going though.

bradwellskyblues

i suspect season tickets for ccfc are not on sale as firstly we dont know what lge we will be in and 2nd we dont know which ground we will be at in 10 days we will know the answer to at least 1 then we will know

Covkid1968#

I’ve not had one for a few years since all my group dropped out and I’ve been doing the 6 and 22 games packages as it’s suited my life. But I’m going for it regardless of league position or stadia.

clint van damme

I would have bet my life savings next season would start BCDs.

But the way the government are moving the goal posts and ignoring their own guidelines I'm not so sure now.

AStonesThrow

Theres talks of stadiums being allowed to run at 30% capacity. Not sure then though
In fairness we should be the least affected by this out of all the efl teams. For this season at St Andrews (which has a capacity of 29,409), our AVERAGE attendance for the 2019/20 season has been 6677. This works out as 22.7% over the season, and so, assuming we’ll still be at St Andrews and play with 30% fan allowance, we should be fine as opposed to teams who are used to playing in 3/4 full stadiums week in week out

Mcbean

might have to factor in the cost of extra stewarding as they will need more than the two stands currently

CCFC88

Wondering what will happen
Sunderland put on sale saying would be a streaming service if not allowed in ground
We have 2 in our household but only need 1 streaming pass
Also in championship around 10 games would be televised anyway as all midweek games are on sky
Be an interesting decision
Sunderland will have a gaping hole in their cashflow so there'll be frantically tying to get cash in from ST's sponsorship etc.

At least they don't have to worry about paying any promotion bonuses

Terry Gibson's perm

Sunderland will have a gaping hole in their cashflow so there'll be frantically tying to get cash in from ST's sponsorship etc.

At least they don't have to worry about paying any promotion bonuses

They could sell Burge

The coventrian

If championship football is guaranteed next season and back at the ricoh then surely it's best to maybe double them in price so we can have a bit more cash for players? £500 aseason isn't that bad for championship football.

CCFC88

If championship football is guaranteed next season and back at the ricoh then surely it's best to maybe double them in price so we can have a bit more cash for players? £500 aseason isn't that bad for championship football.
Just got to find that sweet point to balance demand and pricing, Id say 500 too much, 420 in the "premium" blocks, 380 elsewhere feels about right to me.

Could see them bringing in categorys for single game tickets also,
Villa, Norwich, Blues, Sheff Wed tier A £30,
Forest, Stoke Middlesboro Tier B £27
Wigan, Rotherham Hull Tier C £25

Got to capitalise on big teams bringing 4000+, theres 7-8 teams in that league that will do that so milk them

The coventrian

Has the category thing been done before? I cant remember now. Ironically I know Birmingham used to do it. In fact I think they might still do it. I agree with your pricing. I know its unlikely to happen but a hardcore of 12-15k st holders would be great.

CCFC88

Has the category thing been done before? I cant remember now. Ironically I know Birmingham used to do it. In fact I think they might still do it. I agree with your pricing. I know its unlikely to happen but a hardcore of 12-15k st holders would be great.
I don't think we ever have had pricing tiers, not that I can remember anyway. Shortened season will likely mean more midweek games, likely less walk ups on the day unless were overachieving. Games against a team like Norwich playing on a Tuesday could easily knock 6-7000 off the potenital attendance, especially being available behind skys red button.

Obviously the bigger questions are where were playing and how many are allowed in

Somerset Sky Blue

I don't think we ever have had pricing tiers, not that I can remember anyway. Shortened season will likely mean more midweek games, likely less walk ups on the day unless were overachieving. Games against a team like Norwich playing on a Tuesday could easily knock 6-7000 off the potenital attendance, especially being available behind skys red button.

Obviously the bigger questions are where were playing and how many are allowed in
I think I remember pricing tiers in the premier....(or perhaps division one), with gold for the likes of Liverpool down to bronze.
Or am I imagining that?
Somebody will correct or deny it....

Irish Sky Blue

Just got to find that sweet point to balance demand and pricing, Id say 500 too much, 420 in the "premium" blocks, 380 elsewhere feels about right to me.

Got to capitalise on big teams bringing 4000+, theres 7-8 teams in that league that will do that so milk them
What happened to £20 is plenty? Real danger of pricing out a portion of potential supporters if those are the prices.

SkybluesBenny

What happened to £20 is plenty? Real danger of pricing out a portion of potential supporters if those are the prices.
Agreed
Keep them at what they are for current season ticket holders as a thanks from the club for sticking by them even if were back at ricoh
Slight increase if bought before a certain date say upto £300 for new season ticket holders and then after a date upto £350.
I am basing this on getting bums on seats and earning the revenue from F&B which again would have to be down to the deal to get us at the ricoh. Because were going to have a hard season if/when we go up. So the extra supporters there could make a difference.
Pricing at the top end of £500 just gives fuel to the stay away groups.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

RegTheDonk

Expect streaming to be very expensive per season and per game , it has to be otherwise there will be no money
Presuming we get promoted and for the time being BCD, think we have to just budget mainly for TV money and take a very modest view of returns for "season ticket/streaming sales".

You're going to get families watching on one TV / mates congregating in one house splitting the fee. It's going to be a very difficult deciding what you could charge before driving people to illegal streams. I've paid roughly £60 per game on tickets, trains and a drink for me and my lad, but I don't think many would stump up that much for a match pass. £40 would be reasonable as it would be at least 2 of us watching, though doubless the relatives would be knocking on the door.

However ... make it cheaper and more would probably watch in their own home and not want to muck around trying to join the facebook group, or catch an unreliable dodgy stream. Don't forget a lot of people have lost their jobs and will have to cut back accordingly.

On the plus side - you'd get the same amount of people "going to" away games.

Difficult ball to juggle.

Adge

Can’t say I agree with that. Just pricing out the average man again. Can’t say I was impressed (but can afford it fortunately) when Ipswich charged us £27-28 in March for L1. Far too much for that level and although we may be in a higher division next season I think £25 is plenty.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think I remember pricing tiers in the premier....(or perhaps division one), with gold for the likes of Liverpool down to bronze.
Or am I imagining that?
Somebody will correct or deny it....

Yep, they definitely used to do that cos they knew they could sell out Liverpool twice over but Swindon on a Tuesday not a chance.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Agreed
Keep them at what they are for current season ticket holders as a thanks from the club for sticking by them even if were back at ricoh
Slight increase if bought before a certain date say upto £300 for new season ticket holders and then after a date upto £350.

I agree that there should be a 'renewal' price below that of early bird and normal prices, which should remain open up to the last minute for people to renew.

I know in terms of economics it doesn' make sense because these people are the ones most likely to pay a bit more but fuck that - customer relations and loyalty first IMO. Short term loss, long term gain.

pipkin73

They deffo done a grading type thing before but can't remember the price differences.
Can't see season tickets being sold until we are sure fans are allowed in to the ground and even then it's will be a limited amount at first. I thing match packages are more likely next season as 5 or 10 game packages.

chiefdave

That was a campaign about away ticket prices. It was also launched in 2015 so you've got 5 years of inflation to add for a start.

BackRoomRummermill

Presuming we get promoted and for the time being BCD, think we have to just budget mainly for TV money and take a very modest view of returns for "season ticket/streaming sales".

You're going to get families watching on one TV / mates congregating in one house splitting the fee. It's going to be a very difficult deciding what you could charge before driving people to illegal streams. I've paid roughly £60 per game on tickets, trains and a drink for me and my lad, but I don't think many would stump up that much for a match pass. £40 would be reasonable as it would be at least 2 of us watching, though doubless the relatives would be knocking on the door.

However ... make it cheaper and more would probably watch in their own home and not want to muck around trying to join the facebook group, or catch an unreliable dodgy stream. Don't forget a lot of people have lost their jobs and will have to cut back accordingly.

On the plus side - you'd get the same amount of people "going to" away games.

Difficult ball to juggle.

There was me thinking 20 pounds was expensive ....

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Whilst I agree, that would just give our fans more reason not to go. They were kicking off at the league one prices even though we’ve frequently been one of the best value tickets in the league.

350-400 and we may get back to our 8000 ST holders again

Somerset Sky Blue

There was me thinking 20 pounds was expensive ....
I think for a lot of people, £20-£40 for a tv match is too expensive.
Comparing it to the price of the world boxing match pass (? Used to be £12 but more now).Or for a monthly sky sports?
I reckon £5 to £10 will be the sweet spot where hopefully not too many get the illegal feed instead.

CCFC88

Can’t say I agree with that. Just pricing out the average man again. Can’t say I was impressed (but can afford it fortunately) when Ipswich charged us £27-28 in March for L1. Far too much for that level and although we may be in a higher division next season I think £25 is plenty.
I'm sure Sheff Wed and Leeds have charged upwards of £40 to away fans in the Championship, be prepared for that if you thought Ipswich was expensive.

The coventrian

Whilst I agree, that would just give our fans more reason not to go. They were kicking off at the league one prices even though we’ve frequently been one of the best value tickets in the league.

350-400 and we may get back to our 8000 ST holders again
Thing is though,it cant stay cheap forever can it? Not if we want a competitive squad cos let's be honest the owners arent really gonna help are they. Itd be interesting if someone could find a list of championship clubs st prices for this season.

Users who are viewing this thread