Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Next two months

Up to yesterdays game we are 2pionts ahead and only game can see a problem is Preston a hanus midweek game and a real bogey side a win there the playoffs will be achievable.
 
Over 73 points usually guarantees play offs. There are a couple of exceptions but probably similar this year
 
If we win at that shithole on Tuesday I’m believing
 
Why all the pessimism?

Won the last 3 games. Only conceded one goal in the last 6 hours and that was a great strike. We have the best striker in this division. We have a game in hand on 6 of the 10 sides above us. Our next 7 games are against sides below us where the teams above us have to play against each other.

13 games to go. Only 3 against sides above us and none of them games against the top 2. 10 games against sides below us. The teams above us would love our run in.
 
I said to my mate we win yesterday we will go on a run and push for top 4. Well ladies and gentlemen and others hopefully we’re in for a joyride
 
We lost 2 more players yesterday, granted Kelly is only there to make up the numbers these days, but our squad is painfully thin and with 2 games a week for the next 2 weeks I think the lack bodies will take its toll.
 
We lost 2 more players yesterday, granted Kelly is only there to make up the numbers these days, but our squad is painfully thin and with 2 games a week for the next 2 weeks I think the lack bodies will take its toll.

Pretty much. Hopefully we don’t rush back Sheaf and Palmer in the process.
 
We lost 2 more players yesterday, granted Kelly is only there to make up the numbers these days, but our squad is painfully thin and with 2 games a week for the next 2 weeks I think the lack bodies will take its toll.

We can play a 3 man midfield with Gyokeres and Godden or Walker up front. Central defence has cover as well it’s wing backs and obviously midfield where we have no options but I think we’d play 2 forwards at home now anyway

Allen seems to be able to play twice a week as does Hamer.

I think Bidwell does look like he’s feeling the effects a bit but if we are serious about trying to close the gap then looking at options he will just have to slug it out
 
We can play a 3 man midfield with Gyokeres and Godden or Walker up front. Central defence has cover as well it’s wing backs and obviously midfield where we have no options but I think we’d play 2 forwards at home now anyway

Allen seems to be able to play twice a week as does Hamer.

I think Bidwell does look like he’s feeling the effects a bit but if we are serious about trying to close the gap then looking at options he will just have to slug it out

I think we'll go 2 up top Tuesday.
Godden looked sharp yesterday and I thought Vik looked knackered but then he popped up and scored so maybe he wasn't!
 
Godden will start on Tues.

Walker will get more minutes now and possibly Maguire, if he doesn't start getting some minutes now he never will!
 
Godden will start on Tues.

Walker will get more minutes now and possibly Maguire, if he doesn't start getting some minutes now he never will!

Do we know if he actually did storm off from Rotherham for missing the squad?
 
Do we know if he actually did storm off from Rotherham for missing the squad?

Seems unlikely, I doubt Robins would stand for that and don't think he'd have been back in the squad yesterday

Bringing on a left back instead of him doesn't bode well though.
 
Seems unlikely, I doubt Robins would stand for that and don't think he'd have been back in the squad yesterday

Bringing on a left back instead of him doesn't bode well though.
Wonder if he looks for a reason to bring some of the young loans on as the agreement is we pay more if they don't play.
 
Once Sheaf is back I'd be tempted to slug out a 4 man midfield with Sheaf, Eccles, Allen and Hamer. Give Hamer more of a free role. Never really think 2 up top suits us tbh

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
 
It showed him as part of the squad on that ‘behind the scenes’ video from Saturday

I know it's a short deal rather than a loan, but assume a gentleman's agreement regarding Maguire not featuring v Preston.
 
Where's Burroughs?
Him and Sheaf were having photos with kids in the family zone. He was drafted into squad when Sheaf was injures as a late replacement, so presumably something like matchday squad first reserve.
 
I'd back us to win all of our home games except Watford. Takes us to 60 points. Do we think 72 points might sneak 6th? Would leave us needing 4 wins away which we're capable of. Arguably should win the next 3 away.

All of this with the caveat that any more injuries to the first XI after Palmer might leave us done for. Midfield is down to three fit first XI calibre players now and we know without either Vik or Fadz we'll struggle in any game.
 
Godden will start on Tues.

Walker will get more minutes now and possibly Maguire, if he doesn't start getting some minutes now he never will!
Sorry @baldy I quoted the wrong post, it should haveen this one from @PVA
 
We lost 2 more players yesterday, granted Kelly is only there to make up the numbers these days, but our squad is painfully thin and with 2 games a week for the next 2 weeks I think the lack bodies will take its toll.
Don’t think we are on our own lots of clubs are struggling with injures, Saturday we had Panzo. Rose, Godden, Maguire, Kelly, Walker, Dabo amongst others not selected,plus Sheaf injured I think we cope pretty well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom