Next six games (1 Viewer)

the rumpo kid

Last time we played them there, we played them off the park, anyone remember lamires being almost broken in half by bashem , still lost 1-0 ,
Last time I went and seen city win there MC sheffery scored in a 0-1
I think we will beat them.

kg82

Last time we played them there, we played them off the park, anyone remember lamires being almost broken in half by bashem , still lost 1-0 ,
Last time I went and seen city win there MC sheffery scored in a 0-1
I think we will beat them.
Yeah, was on the telly over here. One of the worst decisions I’d seen for a long time.

scottccfc

wasnt the last time we played them there was the game after the check a trade win where they could of got promotion and we could of gone down but in the end neither happened

mark_ccfc

Tough run, I think our position after these games will give us a realistic idea of where we could be at the end of the season, the only thing I worry about is the strength of the squad when injuries kick in later in the season.

SleepyGinger

Sounds like only a 1 game ban for Maatsen

‘If a player is sent off for a professional foul (eg holding an opponent back when they're through on goal) or a second bookable offence they will be handed a one-match ban.

Straight red cards for dissent will result in a two-match ban, while dangerous tackles or violent conduct will result in a three-match ban which can be raised to four or more games in extreme cases.’

Paxman II

Toughest run of games yet. But no one team is invincible. Its a game of football and we could lose at home to Brum as much as win at Bournemouth. No one goes undefeated remember. We will pick up a couple of draws and a couple of wins. That in itself on the face of these fixtures will do very nicely.

skybluesam66

to improve on last seasons points total we need 26 points from 29 games
That equates to 41 points over a 46 game season
Sheff wed finished bottom on 41 points last season

It must be now a question of where we finish not if we improve
If we do not improve on last seasons points total by at least 12 points - the current gap v last season after 17 games - it is surely a big failure -

It will be then where in the top 8 do we finish?

if we track as a top 10 team for the rest of the season - that should be good enough to keep us in the play offs come the end

steve cooper

These 6 games will take us up to Christmas and within a couple of games of the window opening. I think there's a chance we may drop down to around mid table at some point before January, but under MR we have been good in the 2nd half of the season, and the table is so tight that a couple of wins on the bounce could put any team in the top half right in contention again.

skybluesam66

These 6 games will take us up to Christmas and within a couple of games of the window opening. I think there's a chance we may drop down to around mid table at some point before January, but under MR we have been good in the 2nd half of the season, and the table is so tight that a couple of wins on the bounce could put any team in the top half right in contention again.
8 games to end of Dec
we will then have played 25 and probably need to be on 40 points to stay in the top 6
so 10 points needed from the next 8 -
I would hope we could do that in spite of some tough games

SkyblueTexan

So game1 of 6 done. 1 point so far. I think a win vs B'ham is needed as we are at home, the top 2 teams are running away with it and only 6 points separate teams placed 3-10.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hopefully we set up relatively positive against Bournemouth and not to avoid a hammering. They lost to PNE at home recently and Derby on Saturday

skybluesam66

we need 5 points from the next 4 to be half way to play offs after half of the games
It is a tough 4 fixtures, but if we are serious contenders, we should be looking at a minimum of 4 from those games and maybe more
You would hope 4 points from the 2 home games and a point from the 2 away is achievable

Londonccfcfan

Hopefully we set up relatively positive against Bournemouth and not to avoid a hammering. They lost to PNE at home recently and Derby on Saturday
We create our best chances from a counter attack.

So hopefully they should come at us, a bit like Fulham. can see us winning this one.

They played Sunday...Wednesday (today) gotta be another advantage.

steve cooper

Of the 6 games, this was the one that seemed the most winnable on paper. Our inability to score worries me.
Apparently we have played Birmingham 15 times in the last 20 years and have only won 3 of them. That includes not beating them in the last 5 meetings. They don't appear to be a team we enjoy playing.

slowpoke

We wont get anything Saturday

Fancy us to Beat Albion
Draw to Huddesrfield
Draw to Stoke

5 for me. Would take 37 at halfway
That would be okay put us in a good position especially when Joy opens her handbag January and MR swoops for three major signings.

Users who are viewing this thread