Next six games (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

03159983-DCB8-4387-9518-9069D46BDCEA.jpeg

Some massive ones in there, two local derbies at home, two of the top three, two relegated teams and the league leaders, and four in the top eight.

Takes us to the halfway point of the season as well.

What say you?

I think 8 points will be a good return, not sure if it’ll be enough to hold onto fourth, or even top six. 10+ and it’ll be a very happy Christmas.

Sheff U - D
Brum - W
Bournemouth - L
West Brom - D
Huddersfield - L
Stoke - W

slowpoke

They are all tough games in this division we are showing we can compete with anyone and adversities like having ten men for a whole half, I think we can win half of those.

Alkhen

That is about a tough a run as we could get, I'm really positive after today, a few games I fancy us to win and a few on paper we should stand no chance but the Fulham result shows we can compete... if we do have a poor run I hope the fans stick with them. I think they will there seems to be a bit of a attitude shift even when we were trailing the fans sound great. I mean the poor buggers at Luton still sang til the 90th min.

rob9872

View attachment 22589

Some massive ones in there, two local derbies at home, two of the top three, two relegated teams and the league leaders, and four in the top eight.

What say you?

I think 8 points will be a good return, not sure if it’ll be enough to hold onto fourth, or even top six. 10+ and it’ll be a very happy Christmas.

Sheff U - D
Brum - W
Bournemouth - L
West Brom - D
Huddersfield - L
Stoke - W
In fairness if you could just throw an achievable draw on there v Huddersfield and that would look pretty decent. Dome of those stop others gaining too and reckon we would still be top 6 with that.

Also add when it's midweek games and 3 in a week, that 3rd game usually throws a few strange ones in there so hopefully we'll be throne that does by beating Bournemouth. Stranger things have happened.

SkyblueTexan

Bournemouth will be playing on Sun and Wed before playong us on Sat. We play on Sat and Tue. So we will have an extra day's rest vs Bournemouth. B'ham have been up and down this season and are starting to show signs of improvement. Sheff Utd have had some weird losses at home (e.g. vs Blackpool) and haven't exactly looked unbeatable. Same can be said for pretty much every team on that list including us I suppose. As long as we play smart, stop giving away possession or goals cheaply, respect opponents without deferring to them, play a full 90 minutes and be switched on we should be fine.

covcity4life

Very tough gamesill go 2 wins 1 draw

Maybe we be out of top 6 but we will be close with some tough fixtures out the way

kg82

Very tough gamesill go 2 wins 1 draw

Maybe we be out of top 6 but we will be close with some tough fixtures out the way
Agreed with that. That’s a tough run. I’d happily take a draw at Bramall Lane, Bournemouth and Huddersfield, but I’d realistically be looking at 0 to 1 point from those. Anything more is a bonus.

Sky Blue Harry H

Anything above 6 from those 6 I'd be happy with. Toughest run of fixtures we have, - but yesterday will have given us such a massive lift. Don't want either wing back sent off or injured while Maatsen is suspended though, as we'd be incredibly light there (although I still think Hamer could cover the rwb role)

Saddlebrains

Sheffield United - Draw
Birmingham - Win
Bournemouth - Lose
West Brom - Lose
Huddersfield- Win
Stoke - Draw

8 from 6 for me.

Puts us on 38 at the halfway point.

Replicate that in the second half and thats a play off place

Reactions: SAJ

Sick Boy

8 points would be a decent return from those.
Would be very happy with a draw away at Sheff U for starters.

Adge

April also is a massive month in terms of fixtures. Lots of the big hitters during the last 5-6 games.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I can see us beating West Brom and Birmingham, drawing to Sheffield United Stoke, Huddersfield and losing to Bournemouth.

My in laws are West Brom fans, and people I know really don’t rate Ismael. They’ve not been playing well

Blind-Faith

I can see us beating West Brom and Birmingham, drawing to Sheffield United Stoke, Huddersfield and losing to Bournemouth.

My in laws are West Brom fans, and people I know really don’t rate Ismael. They’ve not been playing well
Guy who I go with , also a season ticket holder but really he is a baggies fan says the same. Thinks we’ve got a chance against them, always love getting one over the Albion!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Guy who I go with , also a season ticket holder but really he is a baggies fan says the same. Thinks we’ve got a chance against them, always love getting one over the Albion!
Brother in laws best mate is a season ticket holder there says it’s worse than watching under Pulis. The players they have are really good players, but not suited to Ismael’s football.

I was dreading that game at the start of the season, but after seeing them a few times on the TV I’ve been getting more optimistic each week

Londonccfcfan

Im always more confident going into a run of games like this.

Shackles off. We can beat anyone.

We will beat .

Birmingham
Stoke
Huddersfield.

Sheffield and Bournemouth, we got a good chance. Defence slightly concerns me.

Sheffield have had alot of possession amd create lots of chances they just cant put them away.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We will beat .

Birmingham
Stoke
Huddersfield.

Sheffield have had alot of possession amd create lots of chances they just cant put them away.
That doesn’t bode well… that’s what Was said about Luton

Brighton Sky Blue

We will beat .

Birmingham
Stoke
Huddersfield.

On their day anyone can beat anyone in this league, PNE can win away at Bournemouth, we can stick 4 past Fulham and Luton can put 5 past us. If we look after our own performance we could get something from all of these fixtures, if we aren’t on it we’ll get punished.

All in our hands.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

View attachment 22589

What say you?

Sheff U - D
Brum - W
Bournemouth - L
West Brom - D
Huddersfield - L
Stoke - W
Sheff Utd - W
Brum - W
Bournemouth - L
West Brom - W
Huddersfield - D
Stoke - Draw

Brighton Sky Blue

We never seem to do particularly well at Sheff U, the only time I remember us winning there was under Boothroyd and when we first came down from the PL.

Were pretty unfortunate to lose there in 05/06, took the lead through Scowcroft I think then got shithoused in the second half.

Sick Boy

Were pretty unfortunate to lose there in 05/06, took the lead through Scowcroft I think then got shithoused in the second half.
Yeah I went to that one too. There were some cracking games against them during the 00s, and we seemed to get shithoused against them a lot, especially when we lost to them 1-0 at HR on a Boxing Day, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread