Next season squad if we stay up... (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Keep yesterday's starting team with the exception of Wilson. Marosi is our best keeper and unlucky to have lost his place through injury. Last season he was consistently good. Easy to forget. Move on McCallum, Sheaf, Shipley, Gyo, Walker, Baka, Kasta and poss Hyam and Mason. As far a Biamou is concerned he's getting better each game he plays and lets not forget how crucial he was upfront with McNulty...a great pairing and I think he could have the same with Godden, which I can't remember being tried yet, as Max was out of favour or not fit when Godden was fit. Could work nicely.

He isn’t getting better every game and mcnulty scored 13 of his 28 goals without him on the pitch - he has played with Godden this season

It clear we have to recruit a number 9 who is more mobile and capable over a consistent number of games.

Sky Blue Harry H

If Sam belonged to us, I'd have no hesitation keeping him, but as he isn't I'd get our own permanent replacement. He is still fairly new to the game and I think his improvement has been incredible. Big difference in the level of players he is up against. Don't get many Ismael Sarr's in league 1. Agree with most re: a new 'big' keeper (I want one of those 6'5" lumps that towers over everybody). a new Centre back (maybe 2) - assuming Osti's off, Would like to see Pask being given a go there to see how he copes. Sign James, one new main striker.

My wild card would be to go and re-sign Luke Thomas (cheap) as a poor man's Callum O'Hare to help him in the harrying games, when needed (or if he gets injured), To me he would be more effective at that than Jamie Allen, Shippers etc in that role.

NortonSkyBlue

Sell Walker, let Baka go, Keep Max and Godden and get a top notch striker in on top Ricoh season ticket dollar like Joao of Reading

Hutch11

All well and good saying get rid of x y z but a lot of them are on contract
Unless we have prospective buyers it's really mute
I can't see a major overhaul in the summer, we don't have sufficient funds

Sick Boy

If Sam belonged to us, I'd have no hesitation keeping him, but as he isn't I'd get our own permanent replacement. He is still fairly new to the game and I think his improvement has been incredible. Big difference in the level of players he is up against. Don't get many Ismael Sarr's in league 1. Agree with most re: a new 'big' keeper (I want one of those 6'5" lumps that towers over everybody). a new Centre back (maybe 2) - assuming Osti's off, Would like to see Pask being given a go there to see how he copes. Sign James, one new main striker.

My wild card would be to go and re-sign Luke Thomas (cheap) as a poor man's Callum O'Hare to help him in the harrying games, when needed (or if he gets injured), To me he would be more effective at that than Jamie Allen, Shippers etc in that role.
If Norwich go up then we could end up resigning him.

NortonSkyBlue

There’s no way he’s going to sell Walker and then have Biamou as 3rd choice, it’s pure fantasy.
Of course it is, like having Biamou as our first choice striker at the moment.
Walker's body language on and off the pitch is suspect in my opinion and I don't believe our style of play suits him. Just an opinion.

Grendel

Magwitch1

Our squad with its best players available is okay and relatively young even Godden, James and Kelly are just 29/30, there will be a lot of quality released freebies available at the end of the season so it could be a buyers market and I think there could be quality loans available from the prem too imo our owner needs to seriously look at the budget MR is given, I don’t think the huge contracts around at the moment will repeated cloth is going to have to be cut certainly below the Premiership.

As for squad strengthening in my opinion we need to look at the left hand side of the defence and left side midfield get some pace that side but the important one is striker even if we keep Walker & Godden we need another one direct with pace.

Not sure what’s coming through the ranks we have new left back Josh Reid and forwards Fabio Taveres & Will Bapapa and fingers crossed a fully fit Jodie Jones who could be a welcome bonus.

Grendel

Walker is going to have a tough time here if this forum is accurate in supporters views. He’s been written off already despite having scored more goals in fewer games

Evo1883

I think godden is the clubs best striker, but walker has age on his side and scope to improve... Much like o hare.

And he's just come back from injury

Gibbo

We need 2 wingers who ideally can play in attacking midfield also.
First sighting this spring of the pointless 'we need two wingers' mantra. What would you do with Dabo if you had a right winger?

D

Deleted member 11652

First sighting this spring of the pointless 'we need two wingers' mantra. What would you do with Dabo if you had a right winger?

He would play right back in back 4. We cannot go into next season only being able to play 5 at the back. It’s hampered us this year and will continue to do so. We need options. Ideally, they could play in attacking midfield and fit the box too. Or they could play wing back as well like Giles.

Gibbo

All well and good saying get rid of x y z but a lot of them are on contract
Unless we have prospective buyers it's really mute
I can't see a major overhaul in the summer, we don't have sufficient funds
fair point. We have reasonable prospects of bids for Baka, Max, Pask, Mason and Hyam (of those I would prefer to see go) in which case we should take them.

Gibbo

He would play right back in back 4. We cannot go into next season only being able to play 5 at the back. It’s hampered us this year and will continue to do so. We need options. Ideally, they could play in attacking midfield and fit the box too. Or they could play wing back as well like Giles.
What a waste of Dabo - to play him as a conventional right back. Meanwhile further up field you have someone who is probably inferior to him. hmm.

no_loyalty

fair point. We have reasonable prospects of bids for Baka, Max, Pask, Mason and Hyam (of those I would prefer to see go) in which case we should take them.

I can’t see Hyam going anywhere he is clearly one of Robins favourites, even though he has struggled this season.

Magwitch1

Remember we have DaCosta too.

D

Deleted member 11652

What a waste of Dabo - to play him as a conventional right back. Meanwhile further up field you have someone who is probably inferior to him. hmm.

Dabo hasn’t contributed in an attacking sense for weeks really anyway. And what when he’s injured?

We need options, we cannot be hamstrung into playing a back 5 every week

Grendel

Bakayoko biamou and I think mason are out of contract - Hyam is but we have an option

Bugsy

Walker is going to have a tough time here if this forum is accurate in supporters views. He’s been written off already despite having scored more goals in fewer games

This forum and accurate definitely does not go. We won yesterday what was a tough game and we gave a very good account of our selfs and it still doesn't please some people and they think they know better than our own coaching team. enjoy the result and win....PUSB

D

Deleted member 11652

This forum and accurate definitely does not go. We won yesterday what was a tough game and we gave a very good account of our selfs and it still doesn't please some people and they think they know better than our own coaching team. enjoy the result and win....PUSB

If the coaching team knew better all the time, what’s the point of the forum?

Magwitch1

I can’t see Hyam going anywhere he is clearly one of Robins favourites, even though he has struggled this season.
Well in fairness he isn’t left-sided and it shows at times also has had a number of different players in front of him and has had two rookie left backs next to him imo. I think Michael Rose fully fit is the better player but Hyam might be okay playing right side centre back.

Bugsy

If the coaching team knew better all the time, what’s the point of the forum?

There's plenty of reasons for this forum,
I understand a good debate is healthy, but some of the shit spilled on here sometimes just plain ridiculous for me most of the time I ignore it but sometimes it's hard not to

Saddlebrains

Id go for

Jaydon Stockley - probably a fee - As the new number 9

Alex pritchard from Huddersfield as O'Hare Mould - free agent

Jamie Paterson Bristol City, similar to ohare also - free agent ( and a cov lad and fan)

One of Tom Carroll QPR / Barry Bannan Wednesday/ Henri Lansbury Bristol City/ Jon toral Blues/ Liam Walsh for centre midfield- all free agents (if as expected James doesnt return and we flog Hamer)

Feel we need to do all we canto get Ostigard

If we spend the budget wisely there are some decent players out there for free. Yes i know some will be on high wages, but if we can avoid paying a fee why not use higher wages for proven championship players?

D

Deleted member 11652

Who said he was ?

I don’t know what your point is then? I said we need to have the option of playing wingers next season. Da Costa isn’t one and isn’t good enough anyway but that’s another argument

Users who are viewing this thread