Next scg (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

At the squirrel?

Needs to have a large show of support outside the pub for the sbt and the 90% they represent.

Yes??

J

Jack Griffin

At the squirrel?

Needs to have a large show of support outside the pub for the sbt and the 90% they represent.

Yes??

Bet you a tenner it will be called off or held elsewhere at a venue that isn't announced.

bigfatronssba

Oh, another SCG thread?

Do they represent 90% of city fans?

Whether they represent 90% or not isn't relevant.

What is relevant is the sbt is the only remotely democratic fan group, therefore the only one with any legitimacy.

Like me I'm sure you don't agree with everything the sbt or the scg says. However the time has come to decide whether you feel a democratic, open organistation, or a closed shop, dictatorial group is the one you want representing fans to the club.

For me democracy legitimises the sbt.

Sky Blue Pete

Not at all and I think they probably do represent 90% of the supporters nick. Non scientifically they have 2000 members which is sugnkfuvantly more than Ny other group. Flags, kits, scarves and lots of singing would show Jonathan the fans are still alive and kicking and need answers

Nick

Administrator
Whether they represent 90% or not isn't relevant.

What is relevant is the sbt is the only remotely democratic fan group, therefore the only one with any legitimacy.

Like me I'm sure you don't agree with everything the sbt or the scg says. However the time has come to decide whether you feel a democratic, open organistation, or a closed shop, dictatorial group is the one you want representing fans to the club.

Yes but to be fair you could have a democratic group about anything but with no power it is pointless isn't it?

torchomatic

I still want to know what they actually do to represent us. The March was great, but really what has happened then apart from monthly meetings at the squirrel?

And yes, I am a fully paid up member before someone asks.

Oh, another SCG thread?

Do they represent 90% of city fans?

torchomatic

What difference does it make because what difference do the groups make to our situation? KCiC have been the ones who have done most since the March.

However the time has come to decide whether you feel a democratic, open organistation, or a closed shop, dictatorial group is the one you want representing fans to the club.

bigfatronssba

Yes but to be fair you could have a democratic group about anything but with no power it is pointless isn't it?

Then using that logic it's better to live under an effective dictator rather than a weak democratic leader?

The point is whatever issues you have with the sbt you can change by joining and persuading the majority of your viewpoint.

That simply isn't possible with the sgc.

torchomatic

Can we. How? I don't even get the emails any longer.

The point is whatever issues you have with the sbt you can change by joining and persuading the majority of your viewpoint.

bigfatronssba

What difference does it make because what difference do the groups make to our situation? KCiC have been the ones who have done most since the March.

And I would also argue that kcic have no legitimacy to claim they are representative (despite me personally agreeing with most of their actions)

Nick

Administrator
Then using that logic it's better to live under an effective dictator rather than a weak democratic leader?

That simply isn't possible with the sgc.

How though? I have been a member for a couple of years but have never been asked to vote or asked what I think?

(I have spoken to Steve directly who is a good bloke and understands most points I think but I meant in an official Trust capacity)

torchomatic

I don't think they ever say they are representative. And despite the fact I certainly don't agree with all they do and say (I think they are very unprofessional) at least they do something. The WHY banners at Notts County was a great moment and I felt proud when my lad was joining in with the rest of us there.

And I would also argue that kcic have no legitimacy to claim they are representative (despite me personally agreeing with most of their actions)

kingharvest

At the squirrel?

Yes??

Why so confrontational? Aren't you compounding the problem by turning up outside and potentially increasing the animosity between fans? Do you not think that might intimidate some members of the group? Please don't fall into the same trap and start picking the wrong fight.

Why not try and contact the chairman of the group and see if you can attend the meeting and share your views constructively - representing this forum and its members?

shmmeee

Just stop. Stop trying to play devil's advocate when you obviously have no fucking clue what you're on about. You just look silly.

By definition a democratic group has the support of the majority, therefore has the power of said majority.

And I guess (like all your comments, you leave enough details out to back track on any assumptions) that you're implying that by attending the SCG the Trust gain some kind of "power" that they wouldn't have if they represented their fans views. Again, what utter bollocks.

The power the fans have is their passion and their emotional case. You can argue that no-one can do anything, but to argue that to be part of the SCG is to have some kind of influence is massively naive.

shmmeee

Why so confrontational? Aren't you compounding the problem by turning up outside and potentially increasing the animosity between fans? Do you not think that might intimidate some members of the group? Please don't fall into the same trap and start picking the wrong fight.

Why not try and contact the chairman of the group and see if you can attend the meeting and share your views constructively - representing this forum and its members?

What crap. What legitimacy do you think the SCG has if it's against the majority of fans?

The chairman should be grovelling to us for forgiveness, not the other way around.

Oh, you chose to put yourself up as representative of all fans and then decided to go against their wishes and now you are unhappy that people might make you feel "intimidated"? Well tough shit. Next time don't claim to represent us, or if you do actually try and represent all fans.

This lot want the benefits of being gold star super fans, but none of the drawbacks that come from being someone's representative.

If you're not willing to represent the views of the fans, don't be part of a consultation group.

Nick

Administrator
Just stop. Stop trying to play devil's advocate when you obviously have no fucking clue what you're on about. You just look silly.

By definition a democratic group has the support of the majority, therefore has the power of said majority.

And I guess (like all your comments, you leave enough details out to back track on any assumptions) that you're implying that by attending the SCG the Trust gain some kind of "power" that they wouldn't have if they represented their fans views. Again, what utter bollocks.

The power the fans have is their passion and their emotional case. You can argue that no-one can do anything, but to argue that to be part of the SCG is to have some kind of influence is massively naive.

No, I haven't said that by being on the SCG it gives anybody more power either.

What I meant was that you could have a democratic group where everybody is voted in etc but this doesn't mean they have any power to do anything does it by default?

I am not saying I am a politics expert, far from it.

torchomatic

Woah, someone's a little angry today.

wingy

What crap. What legitimacy do you think the SCG has if it's against the majority of fans?

The chairman should be grovelling to us for forgiveness, not the other way around.

Oh, you chose to put yourself up as representative of all fans and then decided to go against their wishes and now you are unhappy that people might make you feel "intimidated"? Well tough shit. Next time don't claim to represent us, or if you do actually try and represent all fans.

This lot want the benefits of being gold star super fans, but none of the drawbacks that come from being someone's representative.

If you're not willing to represent the views of the fans, don't be part of a consultation group.

Harsh and a little inaccurate Re this poster Shmmee.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread