Next scg (2 Viewers)

lordsummerisle

What crap. What legitimacy do you think the SCG has if it's against the majority of fans?

The chairman should be grovelling to us for forgiveness, not the other way around.

Oh, you chose to put yourself up as representative of all fans and then decided to go against their wishes and now you are unhappy that people might make you feel "intimidated"? Well tough shit. Next time don't claim to represent us, or if you do actually try and represent all fans.

This lot want the benefits of being gold star super fans, but none of the drawbacks that come from being someone's representative.

If you're not willing to represent the views of the fans, don't be part of a consultation group.

Pitch-forks and flaming torches it is then!

torchomatic

As if it were yesterday. I remember bowling out one of my teachers in cricket once. He came up to me smacked me round the head and said "stupid boy, that was a no ball". Great memories....

You remember that far back ?

L

limoncello

If the Trust are such a force for democracy why were its members not consulted on the restructuring when Steve Brown took over as chair? Why was this restructuring necessary? Why have they voted to make membership free this year? Surely this is the time of greatest need to maximise the fighting fund, or are they worried hardly anyone would renew lessening their authority? Why was none of the fighting fund made available to provide banners for those going to Sixfields, as requested?

_brian_

Argh! Help me out here, guys! I'm losing track of which group/s or individual/s we're meant to be directing all our angst at this week!!!

wingy

As if it were yesterday. I remember bowling out one of my teachers in cricket once. He came up to me smacked me round the head and said "stupid boy, that was a no ball". Great memories....

So you must be a Masochist ,that explains your support and why you come on here.:facepalm:

Why so confrontational? Aren't you compounding the problem by turning up outside and potentially increasing the animosity between fans? Do you not think that might intimidate some members of the group? Please don't fall into the same trap and start picking the wrong fight.

Why not try and contact the chairman of the group and see if you can attend the meeting and share your views constructively - representing this forum and its members?

I agree with you that written approaches should be the first resort and I have posted to that effect on a previous thread. Further, my email went to the SCG yesterday and that is also copied elsewhere on that other thread. I hope that others will communicate similarly. However, if that approach does not achieve the correct result then I believe mass attendance is a very reasonable next step so long as it is non-violent.

That said, I feel that it is Jonathan Strange, Peter Ward & those who supported the motion to shackle the Trust who have actually taken the 'confrontational' position here and clearly they are not representing the fans but rather backing Sisu and Club Directors against the predominant supporters group. If they maintain that stance, they should expect an angry response.

lordsummerisle

I
That said, I feel that it is Jonathan Strange, Peter Ward & those who supported the motion to shackle the Trust who have actually taken the 'confrontational' position here and clearly they are not representing the fans but rather backing Sisu and Club Directors against the predominant supporters group. If they maintain that stance, they should expect an angry response.

Reading it yesterday, wasn't it a unanimous vote? Including the Trust members who were there?

If the Trust are such a force for democracy why were its members not consulted on the restructuring when Steve Brown took over as chair? Why was this restructuring necessary? Why have they voted to make membership free this year? Surely this is the time of greatest need to maximise the fighting fund, or are they worried hardly anyone would renew lessening their authority? Why was none of the fighting fund made available to provide banners for those going to Sixfields, as requested?

If people attending Sixfields wish to organise a Fixfootball display of signs, like the one that was staged last night by AFC Wimbledon fans on our behalf, I can make enough signs available to do this effectively. You would probably need 6-8 volunteers to distribute these - we managed to hand out the 'Why/When' signs at the Emirates with about 12 people.

Send me a private message if you are seriously interested.

lordsummerisle

My understanding is that Jan and Moz abstained which would be standard committee practice on a vote where you have a personal interest.

They should really get the minutes changed to show that, as it totally misrepresents them if that was indeed the case.

Proposed the following motion:

-
Continued inclusion of the SBT within the SCG should be contingent on three specific actions

:
-

1.An unreserved and public apology to the SCG, individually and collectively, for the recentcomments made by the SBT

2.A retraction of the comments and the Sandra Garlick correspondence from the SBT website

3.A statement to be placed on the SBT website acknowledging positively the SCG’s structure andTerms of Reference, and the SBT’s commitment to embrace them

The proposal was seconded by KH, a vote was taken on each measure, and the proposal was carried
unanimously without objection.

It maybe that the Trust members weren't allowed or invited to vote on this motion, in which case it should be stated in the minutes.

L

limoncello

Argh! Help me out here, guys! I'm losing track of which group/s or individual/s we're meant to be directing all our angst at this week!!!

This week we love Simon Gilbert, the Trust, CCC, Sir Peter and Michael Orton.

We hate Nicki, Sisu, Fisher, GMK, Sandra and the SCG.

Pressley is currently mostly loved but there are some waverers. Will keep you updated.

_brian_

This week we love Simon Gilbert, the Trust, CCC, Sir Peter and Michael Orton.

We hate Nicki, Sisu, Fisher, GMK, Sandra and the SCG.

Pressley is currently mostly loved but there are some waverers. Will keep you updated.

Thank you! Much appreciated!!!

J

Jack Griffin

How though? I have been a member for a couple of years but have never been asked to vote or asked what I think?

(I have spoken to Steve directly who is a good bloke and understands most points I think but I meant in an official Trust capacity)

Not sure why you haven't got them, but SBT have sent emails to vote on issues several times.
Most recently about seeking representation on the stadium forum.

Have you unsubscribed from their emails?

torchomatic

Nick

Administrator
Not sure why you haven't got them, but SBT have sent emails to vote on issues several times.
Most recently about seeking representation on the stadium forum.

Have you unsubscribed from their emails?

Only the KCIC ones I think.

torchomatic

Yeah, I only get KCiC ones. I haven't had an SBT email for months.

duffer

Can we. How? I don't even get the emails any longer.

Seems that you and Nick are both struggling with emails from the Trust.

Last one I got was 15th March.

It ended...

This group meets on Thursday 20[SUP]th[/SUP] March and representatives of the Sky Blue Trust will be in attendance. If you have any matters you wish them to bring up on your behalf at the meeting please e-mail them to [email protected]

Can't remember the last time anyone from the SCG was in contact with me, even though I'm on the club's email list.

The Gentleman

Seems that you and Nick are both struggling with emails from the Trust.

Last one I got was 15th March.

It ended...

This group meets on Thursday 20[SUP]th[/SUP] March and representatives of the Sky Blue Trust will be in attendance. If you have any matters you wish them to bring up on your behalf at the meeting please e-mail them to [email protected]

Can't remember the last time anyone from the SCG was in contact with me, even though I'm on the club's email list.

That's because they've been rumbled as apologists of a certain persuasion and therefore blacklisted ;)

L

limoncello

Have they? They still took my quid off me last week.

From the last minutes:

"Membership

The Board considered Roger’s paper on this. It was agreed that:

1. A membership fee of £0 be charged for the year 2014/15."

Maybe you've set up a direct debit?

ashbyjan

Trust e-mails are sent out several times a month (I know as I send them out!) One actually went out just an hour or so ago. If anyone hasn't received one for a while PM me your e-mail address or email the Trust at [email protected] and I will update the database so as to ensure you are kept informed

Grendel

Trust e-mails are sent out several times a month (I know as I send them out!) One actually went out just an hour or so ago. If anyone hasn't received one for a while PM me your e-mail address or email the Trust at [email protected] and I will update the database so as to ensure you are kept informed

I still get them.

wingy

Link not working Jan.

ashbyjan

Wingy - working for me but if not just cut and paste the address to your email software and send me your details or PM me here

torchomatic

PayPal. Ah, they can have this year's £1 on me.

From the last minutes:

"Membership

The Board considered Roger’s paper on this. It was agreed that:

1. A membership fee of £0 be charged for the year 2014/15."

Maybe you've set up a direct debit?

duffer

PayPal. Ah, they can have this year's £1 on me.

Ah, your generosity knows no beginning.

Of course, being from Warwick, I presume you only keep pound coins to put on top of the £50 notes to stop them from blowing away when the butler opens the window.

;)

simple_simon

Why so confrontational? Aren't you compounding the problem by turning up outside and potentially increasing the animosity between fans? Do you not think that might intimidate some members of the group? Please don't fall into the same trap and start picking the wrong fight.

Why not try and contact the chairman of the group and see if you can attend the meeting and share your views constructively - representing this forum and its members?

Good idea, how do we contact the chair and ask for an invite?

Users who are viewing this thread