Next block of 5 (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Everyone loves a block of 5. Three more remaining, what do we reckon from these, can we get 10 points? I think so.

Plymouth (A) - D
Stoke (A) - W
Preston (H) - W
West Brom (A) - L
Rotherham (H) - W

slowpoke

I have got a feeling we’ll get something, but let’s not get too cocky. Probably our toughest game bar Soton away left and I still feel like we’ll get something from Soton, we always seem to get fuck all out of West Brom.
Not so sure we have won a few of our recent games there

Astute

Fairly sure we last won there before Sisu.
I remember a win quite a bit ago. Took an early 2 goal lead. Went 2-2. Then we got 2 late goals. Was before Mifsud thought he was better than he was. Him and Best got the goals IIRC

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I remember a win quite a bit ago. Took an early 2 goal lead. Went 2-2. Then we got 2 late goals. Was before Mifsud thought he was better than he was. Him and Best got the goals IIRC
That was in between a 0-4 and 0-5 thumping wasn't it? All in the same season i think?

I don't think we win at the Hawthorns but we should be looking in the other 4 games there. Hopefully the number of games doesn't cause us an issue, that's my biggest fear over the next month i think.

Astute

That was in between a 0-4 and 0-5 thumping wasn't it? All in the same season i think?

I don't think we win at the Hawthorns but we should be looking in the other 4 games there. Hopefully the number of games doesn't cause us an issue, that's my biggest fear over the next month i think.
I don't remember the season or what happened around it. Clearly remember the 'here we go again' moment 😂 You don’t forget a rare win like at WBA in a hurry.

We have a chance of winning this time. But we could lose as easily as win. We also have the extra cup game before this one.

TomRad85

It was mate yes

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

I just want to beat Preston for a change.
20 league matches without a win against them is ridiculous
Except for their left winger, they were bang average at their place earlier this season (although they have got that Emil Riis back now, who is a decent player). Ref cost us by giving a penalty for that dive.

TomRad85

Except for their left winger, they were bang average at their place earlier this season (although they have got that Emil Riis back now, who is a decent player). Ref cost us by giving a penalty for that dive.
Refs a legend. Forced Robins to change the formation at half time and we haven't looked back since.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Robinshio

we have 3 blocks of 5 left
9 points from each block on average to make the play offs - 74 points should do it with the top 4 having such high totals (may well be less but 74 should secure top 6)

You can see from below that looks possible - but would be good to get a good start in the 1st Group
Games against WBA Hull and Preston are the real 6 pointers, so would be good to get 7 points from those 3 in making the above totals

Plymouth A Stoke A Preston H WBA A Rotherham H
Watford A Hull H Huddersfield A Cardiff H Leeds H
Southampton A Birmingham A Ipswich H Blackburn A QPR H

Astute

we have 3 blocks of 5 left
9 points from each block on average to make the play offs - 74 points should do it with the top 4 having such high totals (may well be less but 74 should secure top 6)

You can see from below that looks possible - but would be good to get a good start in the 1st Group
Games against WBA Hull and Preston are the real 6 pointers, so would be good to get 7 points from those 3 in making the above totals

Plymouth A Stoke A Preston H WBA A Rotherham H
Watford A Hull H Huddersfield A Cardiff H Leeds H
Southampton A Birmingham A Ipswich H Blackburn A QPR H
Only expect 1 defeat in all those games....away to Southampton. WBA away and Leeds at home can go either way. All the rest are winnable.

Northants Sky Blue

If we want to go up its Etihad, Old Trafford & Anfield next season - puts being happy with a point at Plymouth Argyle into perspective.

I'd hope MR's got the psychology/sports science guys in to get the players heads right for this run-in 🤞

Last edited:

steve cooper

Everyone loves a block of 5. Three more remaining, what do we reckon from these, can we get 10 points? I think so.

Plymouth (A) - D
Stoke (A) - W
Preston (H) - W
West Brom (A) - L
Rotherham (H) - W
I think we will beat Plymouth, can see 12 or 13 points there

Astute

What’s the latest calculation on PPG we need to make the playoffs?
We're in 6th averaging 1.51 ppg. Sunderland the same as us. Everyone else below us us on less than 1.5 ppg.

If everything continues the same 70 points would be good enough. That's a big IF.

Win 2 lose 1 doesn't sound good but is 2ppg for the rest of the season. Win 10 lose 5. 30 points would give us 77 points. Most of our difficult games are already gone. Win 9 lose 6 would be enough for 74 points. Same as win 8 draw 3 lose 4. A more realistic target.

shmmeee

We're in 6th averaging 1.51 ppg. Sunderland the same as us. Everyone else below us us on less than 1.5 ppg.

If everything continues the same 70 points would be good enough. That's a big IF.

Win 2 lose 1 doesn't sound good but is 2ppg for the rest of the season. Win 10 lose 5. 30 points would give us 77 points. Most of our difficult games are already gone. Win 9 lose 6 would be enough for 74 points. Same as win 8 draw 3 lose 4. A more realistic target.

I don’t want to come 6th. Much rather play Leeds in the final than over two legs. Think they’d have too much for us either way but a one off Wembley game anything can happen.

AFCCOVENTRY

I still feel it will be very tight margins for 5th and 6th going into the last few games of the season. Key is to keep the momentum going.

Astute

I don’t want to come 6th. Much rather play Leeds in the final than over two legs. Think they’d have too much for us either way but a one off Wembley game anything can happen.
Long way before then. WBA have a difficult month.

Cardiff H
Southampton H
Plymouth A
Hull A

Then they have us 😂

Londonccfcfan

To have any chance of play off success think it's boosted if we finish 5th..and play 4th placed team (more than likely Ipswich).

Wouldn't want to play the 3rd placed team over 2 legs. Rather play them in final.

Astute

To have any chance of play off success think it's boosted if we finish 5th..and play 4th placed team (more than likely Ipswich).

Wouldn't want to play the 3rd placed team over 2 legs. Rather play them in final.
Just like last season?

We were the outsiders with Luton. Remember how that went?

I said 74 points as that could/should be enough for 5th. And don't forget Ipswich. Dropping like a stone. Now only 13 points behind them. 2 wins, 6 draws and 2 defeats in last 10 games. Take out their cup games 1 win 6 draws 1 defeat. 9 points from their last 8 league games. Can they turn it around?

Londonccfcfan

Ipswich would have to have a car crash of monstrous proportions not to make Play offs.

They already have 60 points. Relegation form would get them into play offs.

Users who are viewing this thread