Next block of 5 (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

on the positive side, we are 1 win away from the 50 point safety target :)

we could lose every game and still stay up. 50 points like 40 in the premier league is a myth. I know you were joking but just making that point.
I can’t believe we are 5 points ahead of last season. That’s mental

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Plymouth (A) - W
Stoke (A) - W
Preston (H) - W
West Brom (A) - D
Rotherham (H) - W

12 or 13 points, as the only shaky fixture is West Brom away, should beat the rest really if we’re serious about this year’s play off push…

Flying Fokker

What’s the latest calculation on PPG we need to make the playoffs?

15 games 28 pts? This predictor had us finishing on 75pts.

C Leicester City 114
P Leeds United 99
3 Southampton 92
4 Ipswich Town 90
5 West Bromwich Albion 82
6 Coventry City 75
7 Norwich City 73

Flying Fokker

I think we need 1.8 to guarantee

1st 16 games we were at 1.0
Next 15 games 2.1

27 points is effectively
win 8 draw 3 lose 2 -

Table this time last year :-

View attachment 33997
That’s good. We are 5 pts up on last season and about to get going as well.

The goals scored is enlightening. 33 scored. 33 conceded.

We are a balanced team compared to last year.

Last edited:

SkyBlueMatt

DWDDW - 9 points. I don't think we'll get any less but we could get more.

15 games 28 pts? This predictor had us finishing on 75pts.

C Leicester City 114
P Leeds United 99
3 Southampton 92
4 Ipswich Town 90
5 West Bromwich Albion 82
6 Coventry City 75
7 Norwich City 73

Going back to the start of Nov. 32 points from 17 games, 1.88 PPG. Carrying on that form puts us on 75.

It's possible but I'm chickening out and sticking with my prediction of 7th. Which will still be a huge success considering the rebuild.

Johhny Blue

I’m off grid for pretty much the whole of March. Leaving right after the West Brom game and away until Mar 26th. I’ll come home and lock myself away for the day to catch up with all the replays.

Robinshio

DWDDW - 9 points. I don't think we'll get any less but we could get more.

Going back to the start of Nov. 32 points from 17 games, 1.88 PPG. Carrying on that form puts us on 75.

It's possible but I'm chickening out and sticking with my prediction of 7th. Which will still be a huge success considering the rebuild.
31 from last 15

shepardo01

On paper, this is a block of games we could/should do well in.
The only problem is the horrendous schedule of them.
Weds (not Tuesday) this week away - late return - then away at stoke.
Preston on the Friday - pumped up Maidstone on Monday - then the toughest of them all at WBA on the Friday the same week....

steve cooper

I think we will probably lose on Friday. We have rode our luck a bit recently and Preston are on good form.
Predicting another 4 points. So 8 points from these 5 games.
Still just about on target, then just Watford & Hull before the international break.
Hopefully will have Sheaf, Torp, and possibly Allen back then.

Robinshio

7 wins (maybe 6) gets us into the play offs

must wins
Rotherham H
Huddersfield A
Cardiff H
Birmingham A
Ipswich H
Hull H

+ 1 of
Preston H or Blackburn A

with WBA A being a must not lose

I understand Sheaf will be back on the grass towards the end of next week @Saddlebrains have you heard similar ? and hope to see him before the international break

Brighton Sky Blue

If we finished out side the top six but on more points than last season, or same with better GD, would that still be an improvement? I would say yes given the rebuild we have had.
You would hope we’d start far better next season with a settled squad and then sustain a much stronger challenge. Just a few tweaks in certain positions needed alongside a COH replacement.

Mucca Mad Boys

If we finished out side the top six but on more points than last season, or same with better GD, would that still be an improvement? I would say yes given the rebuild we have had.
We will finish in the top 6. We’ve got an ‘easier’ run in compared to the teams around us.

We’ll manage with the injuries but we’ll probably run out of squad in the playoffs.

steve cooper

must wins
Rotherham H
Huddersfield A
Cardiff H
Birmingham A
Ipswich H
Hull H

+ 1 of
Preston H or Blackburn A

I understand Sheaf will be back on the grass towards the end of next week @Saddlebrains have you heard similar ? and hope to see him before the international break
I think there will be at least one surprise win. Usually happens towards the end of the season

SkyBlueMatt

Going back to the 2nd game of Nov (Vs Stoke), we have 36 points from 18 games. (I think that's when we switched to a back 4).

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Astute

Strictly speaking only promotion would be an improvement on last season as we went all the way to penalties last season. But you can also pit this against our run in the FA Cup where we should at least reach the QF.

But we're in a different scenario this time. Last season it was the only way of keeping Gyokeres and Gus. The two players we wouldn't have made it to the playoffs without. Next season we will be starting with an established side that will compete for the first time in a lot of years. There's only O'Hare that we would lose without receiving a lot of money. And we will be bringing in more quality to join what we already have. A bigger, stronger squad for this time of the season when it always gets more difficult.

Saddlebrains

must wins
Rotherham H
Huddersfield A
Cardiff H
Birmingham A
Ipswich H
Hull H

+ 1 of
Preston H or Blackburn A

Hope so mate really do, but was told they wont risk him until after the break

MikeyMoo

WBA game anything from that is good but I don’t think it’s must-win. They should finish 5th with points to spare given their run-in.

Robinshio

must wins
Rotherham H
Huddersfield A
Cardiff H
Birmingham A
Ipswich H
Hull H

+ 1 of
Preston H or Blackburn A

so I was right re Sheaf - confirmed back in training today - I reckon definitely fit for the cup

thekidfromstrettoncamp

so I was right re Sheaf - confirmed back in training today - I reckon definitely fit for the cup
Robinshio,
Just looked at this thread and noticed how brave you were to predict the last 15 games as it was then (12 now). I wouldn't even attempt it I've yet to get 6 results right on super 6 let alone the scores.It shows how hard it is. From your prediction Leicester cannot lose another game to get to 111 and Southampton cannot reach their target already. Many more twists to come.

Grendel

As for Ipswich dropping like a stone…

Users who are viewing this thread