New Year absolution (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

Ok heres a chance to confess your sins

Me, I was wrong about Wright and most of the team and Mr Mark Robins you have made me eat my words ....You were absolutely right and I was absolutely wrong....I will say 5 hail marys whatever the fuck that means !

Astute

Me, I was wrong about Wright and most of the team and Mr Mark Robins you have made me eat my words ....You were absolutely right and I was absolutely wrong....I will say 5 hail marys whatever the fuck that means !
Looks like nearly everyone is joining the juggernaut climbing up the table. Came on here expecting the same old 'he is shit' then silly arguments arising. Nobody's arguing.

Oh other than for how pretty a song sounds. Mental as always there so business as usual.

Happy and prosperous 2024 to all.

robbiekeane

Fair play to you

Gint11

It’s because we fans always react in the moment. All fans are the same in this respect. 3 defeats on the bounce and we criticize everything and everyone. 3 wins and its champions league, everything’s great. The club have a management team who know what they are doing.

Otis

It’s because we fans always react in the moment. All fans are the same in this respect. 3 defeats on the bounce and we criticize everything and everyone. 3 wins and its champions league, everything’s great. The club have a management team who know what they are doing.
All fans? 🤔

Not sure on that. There were quite a few saying not to panic and to trust Robins and to give players more time. Even losing 4 on the trot didn't get me doubting the manager.

I never for a second thought we would end up in a relegation battle and didn't dismiss any new signings as not good enough.

Sometimes it can be the following season before you get to see the best of a new player.

Totally agree with the last bit

Trust the management. He hasn't let us down yet.

Saddlebrains

You got more totally wrong than just Haji Wright.😂😂

I dont think i did

The posts were made at the time, when asked. At that time, the players were shit. Its easy looking back isnt it?

The reason I hold my hands up to Wright is because he was the one i was most hard on

slowpoke

I dont think i did

The posts were made at the time, when asked. At that time, the players were shit. Its easy looking back isnt it?

The reason I hold my hands up to Wright is because he was the one i was most hard on
They weren’t shit at all, they were a new group settling and playing together. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Seems to have worked out fine to me.

Irish Sky Blue

I don’t understand why some people can’t look at Robin’s record here before writing him off. It took him 3 games to turn around the team heading for relegation to League Two. After those games that team ( who had been hopeless all season) were getting play off chasing results and also won at Wembley. That really has set the tone for everything that has followed.
This has been the most sustained period of success in my 57 years of watching this club ( I know it could be argued that simply staying in the top division was success, but in terms of winning games and challenging for promotion this is much more enjoyable). Despite this success and the incredible fact that final league position has improved in everyone of the 6 full seasons of his second stint, there are people who snipe or who want him gone.
I can guarantee that next time we have a poor run , the same comments will be made. He was getting criticism for team selection when we were a goal down yesterday, but was again proved right in who he had picked.
When he replaced Russell Slade 7 years ago, who could honestly say they saw that change around happening?
Three trips to Wembley, unbeaten in all three. Two promotions and a penalty shoot out away from the top league. Crowds going from 5 or 6k to selling out the arena. No transfer budget to spending over 20m in one close season using funds he generated himself. All this against a back drop of Sisu, Wasps, exile in Birmingham and Burton having no pitch to play on and eviction notices served on the stadium.
As far as I’m concerned, Robins and the staff team should have enough proven success to have earned the faith of those of us who follow this club. Unfortunately, the next time we lose will show that for some, this isn’t the case.

Nick

Administrator
I don’t understand why some people can’t look at Robin’s record here before writing him off. It took him 3 games to turn around the team heading for relegation to League Two. After those games that team ( who had been hopeless all season) were getting play off chasing results and also won at Wembley. That really has set the tone for everything that has followed.
This has been the most sustained period of success in my 57 years of watching this club ( I know it could be argued that simply staying in the top division was success, but in terms of winning games and challenging for promotion this is much more enjoyable). Despite this success and the incredible fact that final league position has improved in everyone of the 6 full seasons of his second stint, there are people who snipe or who want him gone.
I can guarantee that next time we have a poor run , the same comments will be made. He was getting criticism for team selection when we were a goal down yesterday, but was again proved right in who he had picked.
When he replaced Russell Slade 7 years ago, who could honestly say they saw that change around happening?
Three trips to Wembley, unbeaten in all three. Two promotions and a penalty shoot out away from the top league. Crowds going from 5 or 6k to selling out the arena. No transfer budget to spending over 20m in one close season using funds he generated himself. All this against a back drop of Sisu, Wasps, exile in Birmingham and Burton having no pitch to play on and eviction notices served on the stadium.
As far as I’m concerned, Robins and the staff team should have enough proven success to have earned the faith of those of us who follow this club. Unfortunately, the next time we lose will show that for some, this isn’t the case.
Errmmmm, we lost against Luton.

Sky Blue Pete

Just repeat

Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee and blessed is the fruit of thy womb x 5

Brighton Sky Blue

Just repeat

Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee and blessed is the fruit of thy womb x 5
Hungry The Simpsons GIF

Martin180

I must confess to my pre season comment . If you're not genuinely excited by our new signings you need to give your head a wobble .....
Cue a dreadful start and Grendel quoting my post at every given opportunity
Have to say now though, barring a couple , the new signings have been genuinely exciting
My preseason bet to finish top2 looks wildly optimistic however 🤣

Brighton Sky Blue

I dont think i did

You did say you were starting to hate some of the new players to be fair, not just him either.

Sky Blue Pete

You have to be concerned when players struggle initially but you have to say some excellent recruitment in the summer

Collins 7 made a good start
Mve 9 an absolute star wouldn’t be at all surprised at bids in the summer
Thomas 8 some issues with passing initially but found his feet
Kitching 8 looks the real deal
Dasilva 6.5. Extra 0.5 for the song. Bidwell has proved once again that he is not for turning. Great on the ball and finds a pass but defensively struggles
Wright 8 really starting to find his feet. Utterly mad how brilliant he can be and then how awful
Simms 6.5 looks like he’s growing into the role. Him and Dasilva the only ones where the jury is still out
Sakamoto 9.5 can’t believe how good he is. Every home game for the last 5-6 there’s been at least one moment or did I really just see one of our players do that!!!!
Ayari 5 just doesn’t look good enough

Who have I missed?

Brighton Sky Blue

You have to be concerned when players struggle initially but you have to say some excellent recruitment in the summer

Collins 7 made a good start
Mve 9 an absolute star wouldn’t be at all surprised at bids in the summer
Thomas 8 some issues with passing initially but found his feet
Kitching 8 looks the real deal
Dasilva 6.5. Extra 0.5 for the song. Bidwell has proved once again that he is not for turning. Great on the ball and finds a pass but defensively struggles
Wright 8 really starting to find his feet. Utterly mad how brilliant he can be and then how awful
Simms 6.5 looks like he’s growing into the role. Him and Dasilva the only ones where the jury is still out
Sakamoto 9.5 can’t believe how good he is. Every home game for the last 5-6 there’s been at least one moment or did I really just see one of our players do that!!!!
Ayari 5 just doesn’t look good enough

Who have I missed?
Lati
Binks

shmmeee

Got it wrong on Wright, he looked absolutely dreadful at first, last couple of games he’s started to look like he’s worth the cash.

Kitching is looking very good as well.

Jurys still out on Collins and Thomas for me.

Otis

Got it wrong on Wright, he looked absolutely dreadful at first, last couple of games he’s started to look like he’s worth the cash.

I kept shtum on Wright because I remember how poor Adebola was at first for us. Couldn't trap a bag of cement.

CCFCSteve

They weren’t shit at all, they were a new group settling and playing together. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Seems to have worked out fine to me.

Exactly. Hopefully fans will give players at least a few games before jumping on their backs in future. There were so many changes, players coming from different leagues and even different countries, it was always going to take time. Glad that nearly all of the new lads are already proving their worth. Let’s hope the progress continues

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I always thought this was a rebuild and steady the ship year and was hoping we would be top half but was happy with mid table and a push on the year after, I now want more and another play off season, they are more than capable and in this league, its possible.

Also never thought Bidwell would step up to this level after seeing his early games, formation suits but he has also stepped up way beyond where I first thought he would, I cannot be alone in that surely?

skybluegod

I dont think i did

It's also to overreact tbf which is what you did. Every time, every season the same things happen. New signing takes time adjust and somebody (not necessarily always you) overreacts saying the players are shit and a waste of money.

Londonccfcfan

Jury's still out on Thomas. He's one heck of a player. For me him and Saka the 2 bargains of the season.

sotvtoday

I kept shtum on Wright because I remember how poor Adebola was at first for us. Couldn't trap a bag of cement.
I seem to recall that Adebola went out on loan somewhere and when he came back he looked a different player.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thomas and Collins kept us in the game first half.

Users who are viewing this thread