New TV series 2019 (2 Viewers)

fellatio_Martinez

It starts okay, but does get rather silly as it goes on.

I watched the first two eps of series 2 last night and wasn't impressed. His love interest is annoying and he doesn't seem to even like her. They've replaced Paco hanging outside his New York Apartment with another teenager with parent issues he can confide in that hangs around outside his LA home and he's yet again miraculously getting out of scrapes without much explanation.

chiefdave

One that completely passed me by is Upright. Just binged the whole series on Sky catch up and its excellent.

Tim Minchin trying to get across Australia to his estranged family.

Otis

I watched the first two eps of series 2 last night and wasn't impressed. His love interest is annoying and he doesn't seem to even like her. They've replaced Paco hanging outside his New York Apartment with another teenager with parent issues he can confide in that hangs around outside his LA home and he's yet again miraculously getting out of scrapes without much explanation.

If you are not going to carry on watching
His new obsession also turns out to be a killer. A ridiculous turn of events.

fellatio_Martinez

If you are not going to carry on watching
His new obsession also turns out to be a killer. A ridiculous turn of events.

Haha, holy shit. I'm definitely not watching anymore. I found Love to be incredibly annoying. Series one had it's faults but Beck was so pretty I could have just watched endless hours of her looking perturbed and enjoyed it.

fellatio_Martinez

I watched the first episode of Dracula and was disappointed.

The effects are poor and it's just too self knowing and plays for laughs.

shmmeee

I just binged You on Netflix.

I thought it started very promisingly and then kind of descended into formulaic predictable drama. It reminded me Dexter a lot with the constant monologues and obvious dark elements.

Very silly and at times very good in parts but I'm not sure if I'll watch the second season or not as it is very patchy.

Im on the last episode of season 1. Still can’t decide if I like it or not. I hate literally all the characters. Even Paco.

ajsccfc

I thought the second episode was better, like a camp vampire episode of Poirot. Ending was a bit odd though so I'm not sure how I'll get on with the last one

clint van damme

I liked it, but it was pure hokum and a bit daft.

Sort of a point and laugh show.

I really enjoyed it. Good spin on a story that's been done many times. Hope they don't try and eek a second series out if it. A one off of three episodes was enough.

clint van damme

Storyville - the story of the Jonestown massacre. 4 parter on iPlayer, watched the first part last night. Absolutely mental.

Otis

I really enjoyed it. Good spin on a story that's been done many times. Hope they don't try and eek a second series out if it. A one off of three episodes was enough.
Yes, I did enjoy it for sure. I didn't find it at all scary or chilling though.

ajsccfc

Third episode of Dracula missed the mark for me. I'd rather they had just made something faithful the source material even if I'd seen it before.

shmmeee

On last episode of season two of You. Actually really enjoyed it. Got to be the tensest TV I’ve ever watched. So stressful at times. Can be cheesy and ridiculous at times but what TV can’t really.

All the characters are horrible, but it’s LA and that feels true in some ways. I think I’d hate LA IRL.

Otis

On last episode of season two of You. Actually really enjoyed it. Got to be the tensest TV I’ve ever watched. So stressful at times. Can be cheesy and ridiculous at times but what TV can’t really.

All the characters are horrible, but it’s LA and that feels true in some ways. I think I’d hate LA IRL.
Weird that. I didn't find it tense at all. Not for a single second, whereas, I did with the first season.

shmmeee

Weird that. I didn't find it tense at all. Not for a single second, whereas, I did with the first season.

The LSD episode (9 I think) I was on the edge of my seat. I suppose in hindsight there’s a lot less of that as he’s not killing so much this season. Maybe recency bias as that’s the last one I watched.

Last edited:

Philosorapter

I think this deserves an honourable mention in the thread.

First episode was awesome.

fellatio_Martinez

Curb is back!

giphy.gif

fellatio_Martinez

I really enjoyed the first two episodes of the new series of Curb. It's a different beast than it used to be but it still makes me laugh on a consistent basis and so far I think this series is stronger than the last one.

ajsccfc

The Outsider the new TV Series | Sky.com

Started The Outsider this week, a local boy is murdered and all the evidence points at the high school baseball coach who also has evidence of being out of town at the time. It's from a Stephen King book so it might go a bit too mad for my tastes but the first episode was good and I always like Ben Mendelsohn and Jason Bateman

fellatio_Martinez

Anyone seen the latest episode of Inside No.9?

I thought the storyline about the officials at a football match was very original. It was more down to earth and less horror orientated than usual. Some great one liners too.

For me this has always been consistently better than Black Mirror.

chiefdave

Anyone seen the latest episode of Inside No.9?

I thought the storyline about the officials at a football match was very original. It was more down to earth and less horror orientated than usual. Some great one liners too.

For me this has always been consistently better than Black Mirror.
Thought it was brilliant, pretty much every episode is.

There is a podcast on BBC Sounds which is worth a listen as well.

fellatio_Martinez

Apparently the latest series has been ready to air for ages but the BBC weren't in any rush to air it.

I can't help but think that Netflix would be a better vehicle for a show like this. There's an awful lot of people who are completely unaware of it's existence because The BBC air it at 10pm on a Monday night on BBC2 with little to no promotion.

lifeskyblue

Excellent. All series have real gems. My fav of all is the silent episode. Incompetent thieves robbing a house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

I think I've only seen episodes from the last series on so I've got a nice little back catalogue to catch up on. I liked LOG and Psychoville so not sure how this passed me by when it started, probably the lack of promotion

fellatio_Martinez

I think I've only seen episodes from the last series on so I've got a nice little back catalogue to catch up on. I liked LOG and Psychoville so not sure how this passed me by when it started, probably the lack of promotion

I'd say they've kept the quality pretty high throughout the run but the earlier series feature some truly head fucking moments, quite possibly because they were sitting on those stories for years and fleshed them out.

I really like Reece Shearsmith as an actor. He can pull of drama almost as well as comedy.

The ITV drama The Widower where he played a psychotic killer is a really good watch.

Users who are viewing this thread