new statement (1 Viewer)

fatso

Are you getting a bit desperate now?

It isn't using hindsight, is it? I pointed out at the time it would damage CCFC forever, even once SISU had gone.
Well done you, but that’s not an argument that will hold up in court, it’s just your opinion. The fact that it could be true is purely chance.
The council will say they were faced with being lumbered with an empty stadium so took the opertunity to sell it. Their argument is based on facts known at THAT time, not a random opinion.

Nick

Administrator
Well done you, but that’s not an argument that will hold up in court, it’s just your opinion. The fact that it could be true is purely chance.
The council will say they were faced with being lumbered with an empty stadium so took the opertunity to sell it. Their argument is based on facts known at THAT time, not a random opinion.

The same empty stadium that the council leader said was making a small profit and was fine without CCFC?

It was fact at the time that selling it to Wasps would fuck CCFC over for hundreds of years to come. Well, it was to anybody who wasn't egging the council on saying how good it would be for the city etc etc.

fatso

Strange, a couple of weeks before the Wasps sale went through the Council were saying they want to build up Trust and hinted at a deal?

If telling porkies won't matter, how will they stand up in court?
I’ve said it before, the council are also to blame for this fucked up situation.
But people need to put themselves in the councils position at the time of the clubs exodus to Northampton, and the statements regarding a new home in the city.

Nick

Administrator
I’ve said it before, the council are also to blame for this fucked up situation.
But people need to put themselves in the councils position at the time of the clubs exodus to Northampton, and the statements regarding a new home in the city.

They had told the tax payers the Ricoh was fine, they had just been outmaneouvred with a takeover attempt.

The bitter meter was high.

fatso

The same empty stadium that the council leader said was making a small profit and was fine without CCFC?

It was fact at the time that selling it to Wasps would fuck CCFC over for hundreds of years to come. Well, it was to anybody who wasn't egging the council on saying how good it would be for the city etc etc.
It wouldn’t of fucked ccfc over at all, because ccfc were going to get a lovely, brand new stadium. It’s true, sisu, Tim and joy all said so.
Whether you believed it or not is irrelevant.

Nick

Administrator
It wouldn’t of fucked ccfc over at all, because ccfc were going to get a lovely, brand new stadium. It’s true, sisu, Tim and joy all said so.

You can tell it's desperate times.

If it wouldn't have fucked CCFC over in the slightest why did they bother making something up for PR to try and ease the blow?

Surely it was obvious the day it was sold that it was going to cause issues for CCFC for the foreseeable future with or without SISU?

chiefdave

Unfortunately, believing it or not dosnt matter, sisu will be shafted in court by their own previous statements. THAT will be the legal argument, mine or your opinion on who was telling porkies won’t matter a jot.
The council will say, they made a business decision based on the public statements made by sisu. End of court case.
If the court case is that the council has decieved the electorate anything SISU said won’t come in to it.

chiefdave

It's not just having beers with the man who shagged her, it's having beers with the other bloke shagged her and his mate who tagged teamed her in the hope they will beat up the other bloke who shagged her but didn't cuddle her enough.
Sounds like that party Wasps had on a boat.

fatso

You can tell it's desperate times.

If it wouldn't have fucked CCFC over in the slightest why did they bother making something up for PR to try and ease the blow?

Surely it was obvious the day it was sold that it was going to cause issues for CCFC for the foreseeable future with or without SISU?
But that’s NOT what the case is all about.

Great_Expectations

That statement is bizarre, it reads more like an SBT forum post than an official club statement.

However poorly worded and unprofessional it is, I’m glad it calls out the points it does. It’s a statement you’d expect from a fans supporters club, if only we had one that would have released something similar....

I’m intrigued to see the SISU statement following that. It’s also interesting to note, SISU and the club are releasing two separate statements.

Gibbo

I don't think they have the money or the interest to build a new stadium.

I'd love somebody to do it though, just not looking that realistic unless they have money to burn!
We are losing £30k a week (according to the accounts just published I believe), including player sale profits. It may have been a poor year for player sale profits, but it will always be swings and roundabouts. There maybe other changes possible, but I suspect they will be marginal
Either way it means new stadium with 100% of the revenue has to pay for itself and £30k a week, just to standstill.
If I was SISU I suspect paying lawyers is a lower cost strategy

Gibbo

The Council has met already with the Sky Blue Trust – but not the Football Club. A former Labour colleague of George Duggins is John Fletcher, who was Labour Council leader from 1996 to 1999 and is on the board of the Sky Blue Trust. Is Mr Fletcher willing to use his position and many contacts in the Council to help arrange a meeting between his former colleagues and the Football Club to help it remain at the Ricoh Arena?

John Fletcher hasnt been on the trust board for a long time
I thought that was a ridiculously blind swipe.

Gibbo

"The City Council remains committed to try to ensure that CCFC is able to continue to play its home matches at the Ricoh Arena. It will include a requirement in agreements underpinning the sale that this option must exist for CCFC subject to it reaching a commercial agreement with ACL. The terms of this transaction do not impact in any way on the terms of the August 2014 licence agreement with CCFC which will be fully honoured. Wasps have scheduled all of their home matches on Sunday’s during this season to ensure there is no fixture clash."

Is pretty much the relevant bit to the claim of guaranteed occupancy. And the key bit in that is

this option must exist for CCFC subject to it reaching a commercial agreement with ACL
which means it is not a commitment at all, just a desire. Not worth the paper etc etc.

SBAndy

My question around the report that was put out was that it indicates the ground sale and lease extension were indeed one transaction. Had that not been argued long ago? Both were agreed in conjunction with each other, whilst the council have been adamant they were separate transactions. Was that the last JR or the current one this relates to?

shmmeee

If the council had't sold to Wasps to spite sisu we wouldn't be here now. There are a thousand ways of twisting the events. Where we are now is not having anywhere to play next season. Sisu won't drop the legals, London Wasps won't talk and the council won't intervene.

If you genuinely think sisu are the only one at fault here then you're part of the problem.

No mate. Those twats running around insisting everyone who doesn’t think like them “is part of the problem” are the problem.

We all want the same, start pissing outside the tent (or whatever the phrase is).

Jesus. Nick isn’t a Sisu stooge. Not everyone who forgets to include “I hate the council” or spells Wasps with a * is a bot paid by the council.

giphy.gif

NorthernWisdom

My question around the report that was put out was that it indicates the ground sale and lease extension were indeed one transaction. Had that not been argued long ago? Both were agreed in conjunction with each other, whilst the council have been adamant they were separate transactions. Was that the last JR or the current one this relates to?
They are separate transactions though, the lease extension price is detailed separately.

shmmeee

You really need to learn what the word fact means.

Hint: predictions about the future are never facts.

Liquid Gold

No mate. Those twats running around insisting everyone who doesn’t think like them “is part of the problem” are the problem.

We all want the same, start pissing outside the tent (or whatever the phrase is).

Jesus. Nick isn’t a Sisu stooge. Not everyone who forgets to include “I hate the council” or spells Wasps with a * is a bot paid by the council.

giphy.gif
I’m not asking people to think like me. I’m asking someone who claims to hate the council not to deflect away from them after a statement aimed directly at them.
That is being part of the problem.

shmmeee

I’m not asking people to think like me. I’m asking someone who claims to hate the council not to deflect away from them after a statement aimed directly at them.
That is being part of the problem.

The problem with CCFC is not the fans.

RoboCCFC90

Sisu statement coming today I’m sure I read on update regarding EFL etc ?

It's been suggested on a different thread that the Club aren't expecting a statement from SISU today, but they're expecting one.

NorthernWisdom

The problem with CCFC is not the fans.
While I get your general point, I actually think the amount of time we spend bickering with each other, rather then going along and doing something (I'm as culpable as anybody!) hasn't helped.

If we'd had constant big visible signs that we cared, public opinion may well have been enough to keep the Ricoh out of Wasps hands, for example, and even (even!) pushed CCC to be more proactive in at least offering up options for stadium sites, whether SISU chose to take them or not!

(Probably a digression in this particular bicker mind you, so as you were!)

Liquid Gold

While I get your general point, I actually think the amount of time we spend bickering with each other, rather then going along and doing something (I'm as culpable as anybody!) hasn't helped.

If we'd had constant big visible signs that we cared, public opinion may well have been enough to keep the Ricoh out of Wasps hands, for example, and even (even!) pushed CCC to be more proactive in at least offering up options for stadium sites, whether SISU chose to take them or not!

What this twat said

Nick

Administrator

The thing is, people need something to get behind. There have been threads that have been really constructive. Schmeee put forward some good examples and ideas in one thread, liquid gold has in others. People who usually disagree have been constructive.

Its the frustrating thing about the trust. Ideally they would be hammering everybody and anybody to get a deal and we would all be behind it.

Liquid Gold

The thing is, people need something to get behind. There have been threads that have been really constructive. Schmeee put forward some good examples and ideas in one thread, liquid gold has in others. People who usually disagree have been constructive.

Its the frustrating thing about the trust. Ideally they would be hammering everybody and anybody to get a deal and we would all be behind it.
That's why I'm so pissed off with them. They should be the force to unite us and stop all this crap but they make things worse with their protest club back patting bullshit.

NorthernWisdom

At some point though, we all have to get behind something that wouldn't be what we'd do individually - give and take.

That includes holding up SISU Out banners as much as it includes going along and plonking some flowers on a council house doorstep.

Nick

Administrator
At some point though, we all have to get behind something that wouldn't be what we'd do individually - give and take.

That includes holding up SISU Out banners as much as it includes going along and plonking some flowers on a council house doorstep.

Yes which is why it needs to target all sides. On the wasps thread was a great example, CJ said they need funds and there's people willing to donate time, money and skills.

They put a statement out saying they are going after everybody who wants to mess with ccfc and they will get much more support.

shmmeee

It can be fact that a decision now is going to affect you in the future.

No it can’t. It can be your opinion that it does, but the future is not certain. It can be likely, but not a fact.

Say I killed you today, you could argue that’s a fact that you won’t be alive next week. But we could invent reversing death this weekend and bring you back, we don’t know for sure. Very unlikely, but not a fact.

Yes I’m being a pedant, but so is the law.

Users who are viewing this thread