new statement (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Well if you wanted to harden attitudes even further that should do it. Given Boddy said last night the owners would make a statement i assume it is really from them not CCFC. I agree it is not a very professional statement, it is more of a personal attack, i am not sure it helps. Dont get me wrong they have to fight their corner with everything they have so i understand why and that it will play well to the fans & EFL.

I would be surprised if there was a binding clause in the CCC/Wasps sale agreement to basically allow CCFC to stay at their choice as long as they like but i suppose there is a chance. Given what everyone was aware of at the time it would have been careless in the extreme for a lawyer to allow that through.

Added to which there is reference i understand to it being on the basis of being able to strike a commercial deal to be able to stay longer. That i would think is getting more difficult as we go on through this saga. In which case in court i dont think there is much to rely on but i am not a barrister.

In essence Wasps will say there was no contractual basis to go on further, CCFC had wanted a short term deal (lots of press statements about that) and that deal has ended at the term date.

OEG/ARVO/SBS&L as instructed to so by SISU started JR2 after the assurances were given. I am sure some clever lawyer will work that in somewhere as a part of a defense

CCC have made so many mistakes over the years that it encourages legal actions. Do things in secret and this is what results.

Wasps I fear will see that and conclude we can not deal with these people.

The statement does not say to me they have a strong case.

The club statement basically sets the scene for continuing legal actions. As has been said this not about a day in court and "battering" the opposition. This is about battering people with court over and over again to get what they want. What they want (SISU) is not the stadium but the financial settlements that would come because of it. It is not nor ever has been about what is best for CCFC

I think moving away is now more certain and a solution less likely given the egos and entrenched positions

Excellent post. My thoughts exactly.

RoboCCFC90

Who is clutching at straws by putting together a list of quotes that tell only one side of the story so are out of context?

Of course Fisher has bullshitted and needs calling out.

Does it mean the council should be OK to bullshit too?

Yes of course it does, SISU OUT, JOY OUT, NICK OUT

The Lurker

Under what terms?

Are you saying that these comments shouldn’t be questioned?

not saying that but it’s the cheek of Sisu to say they said this. when themselves have spouted bullshit in the best which in turn bought this mess on Ccfc. there like the school bully but this time people have stood up to them whether we like it or not

Captain Dart

if Sisu are getting petty they must have forgot about all the bullshit comments they’ve released over the years. my best mate just put this on Facebook. really clutching at straws they are now
John Fletcher recently tweeted that.

Liquid Gold

lol if SIsu didn’t come out with all the daft comments back then we wouldn’t be here now. not about scoring points. Sisu cant bully as they’ve done in the past with small companies. Sisu renowed for bullying in Court but now there struggling using cov as bargaining tool. if they drop the cases we have a future.
If the council had't sold to Wasps to spite sisu we wouldn't be here now. There are a thousand ways of twisting the events. Where we are now is not having anywhere to play next season. Sisu won't drop the legals, London Wasps won't talk and the council won't intervene.

If you genuinely think sisu are the only one at fault here then you're part of the problem.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

not saying that but it’s the cheek of Sisu to say they said this. when themselves have spouted bullshit in the best which in turn bought this mess on Ccfc. there like the school bully but this time people have stood up to them whether we like it or not
Thing is, the council have said that it must be a condition of sale that we must be able to play our games. A public body has to be careful with statements like that.

The Lurker

If the council had't sold to Wasps to spite sisu we wouldn't be here now. There are a thousand ways of twisting the events. Where we are now is not having anywhere to play next season. Sisu won't drop the legals, London Wasps won't talk and the council won't intervene.

If you genuinely think sisu are the only one at fault here then you're part of the problem.

who saying that? I hate the council, there corrupt as politicians but Sisu have themselves to blame which has a knock on effect with our club. Sisu are bullies council are corrupt and we’re stuck in the middle of it

The Lurker

I’m as bad as the problem. have a day off ffs lol

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
"The City Council remains committed to try to ensure that CCFC is able to continue to play its home matches at the Ricoh Arena. It will include a requirement in agreements underpinning the sale that this option must exist for CCFC subject to it reaching a commercial agreement with ACL. The terms of this transaction do not impact in any way on the terms of the August 2014 licence agreement with CCFC which will be fully honoured. Wasps have scheduled all of their home matches on Sunday’s during this season to ensure there is no fixture clash."

Is pretty much the relevant bit to the claim of guaranteed occupancy. And the key bit in that is

this option must exist for CCFC subject to it reaching a commercial agreement with ACL

Ian1779

Are the owners bringing this legal action on a 'no win no fee' style arrangement? Hence them not letting it drop until they have exhausted every single possible avenue?

NorthernWisdom

"The City Council remains committed to try to ensure that CCFC is able to continue to play its home matches at the Ricoh Arena. It will include a requirement in agreements underpinning the sale that this option must exist for CCFC subject to it reaching a commercial agreement with ACL. The terms of this transaction do not impact in any way on the terms of the August 2014 licence agreement with CCFC which will be fully honoured. Wasps have scheduled all of their home matches on Sunday’s during this season to ensure there is no fixture clash."

Is pretty much the relevant bit to the claim of guaranteed occupancy. And the key bit in that is

this option must exist for CCFC subject to it reaching a commercial agreement with ACL
That does, however, provide some leverage in the 'we won't talk unless legal action is dropped' stance. To be clear, I'm not suggesting anything anybody says holds up on anything othber than an emotional level, but the main issue as we stand is the refusal to talk - we can deal with the inability to agree terms after that(!)

fatso

What did you expect the council to do exactly with the empty stadium?
Tim had said the club were leaving to build their own stadium and promptly flounced off to Northampton!
The council were left with 2 clear options.
1, find another tenant.
2, find a buyer.
If you don't understand that, then I really can't help you.

Liquid Gold

Tim had said the club were leaving to build their own stadium and promptly flounced off to Northampton!
1, find another tenant.
2, find a buyer.
I expected the council to see through all the bullshit like the rest of us did and act in the best interest of the football club.

Did you believe sisu?

Liquid Gold

who saying that? I hate the council, there corrupt as politicians but Sisu have themselves to blame which has a knock on effect with our club. Sisu are bullies council are corrupt and we’re stuck in the middle of it
So why are you kicking off when the club wants answers from the council then. Why are you posting links that your 'best mate' put up about what sisu have said when there is pressure on the council. If you hate the council so much you'd be happy this was going on instead of deflecting to sisu. It's not difficult to see through your bullshit at all.

The Lurker

I expected the council to see through all the bullshit like the rest of us did and act in the best interest of the football club.

Did you believe sisu?

what so your saying it’s alright to double bluff using Ccfc as the card in your hand which Sisu did knowing they didn’t have the deal they thought would come from it? Sisu came out with bollocks to pressure and bully council

The Lurker

So why are you kicking off when the club wants answers from the council then. Why are you posting links that your 'best mate' put up about what sisu have said when there is pressure on the council. If you hate the council so much you'd be happy this was going on instead of deflecting to sisu. It's not difficult to see through your bullshit at all.

lol you really are deluded individual. The club want answers? It was sisu who issued the statement in a sign of deaperation. Why only now have they came out with it? why not 6 months ago? your tinted glasses for sisu are for all to see

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

1, find another tenant.
2, find a buyer.
Considering they said the Ricoh didn’t need CCFC, I’d hope they’d have tried to wait SISU out, considering everyone knew the Northampton move couldn’t last.

Then once SISU finally go, reunite the club with the stadium built for them

Nick

Administrator

Of course they have bullshitted.

All sides in this have bullshitted since day one which is why people have saying that they should all get called out and pressured on it.

SISU bullshitting isn't an excuse for the Council bullshitting.

Of course call Fisher out over his new stadium nonsense, doesn't mean that other sides should get away with and excused for doing the same thing.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

lol you really are deluded individual. The club want answers? It was sisu who issued the statement in a sign of deaperation. Why only now have they came out with it? why not 6 months ago? your tinted glasses for sisu are for all to see
*Tinted glasses for CCFC.... we don’t want the club to die.

We’ve all been on th SISU out brigade since this madness started. The council however sold a ground that was built for us, giving any post SISU Sky blues no future anyway

Captain Dart

World has gone mental today. A couple of thoughts.

Did SISU start JR2 to fish for Wasps/council documents with the aim of another case aimed at the tenabcy promise? At the time of sale Wasps were clear of litigation and they are being dragged further in.

Twitter is buzzing with CCFC fans the overwhelming desire is for this mess to get sorted out and there are many people saying they will not follow the club to a groundshare if they don't stay at the Ricoh, including some who say they went to Northampton.

CCFC_Charlie

The council are cunts of the highest order who’ve shown nothing but contempt for this football club for the past 5 years. Luckily for them SISU will take all the blame when it goes tits up and they can all do media interviews about how they’re ‘massive fans’ and ‘just as upset as anyone else’. Self serving pricks.

SISU can fuck off too but at least they have no connections to the city. The council are supposed to represent us and instead have actively tried to harm us.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

How are they irrelevant? they are the ones who started all the bollocks holding the council to ransom. the comments from fisher showed they didn’t want the Ricoh for us. pretty relevant if you ask me
Because the council made their statements irrespective of the 2013 comments.

If we’re brimging up past actions, let’s go back to 2007 when the council would only deal with SISU buying the club

Nick

Administrator
How are they irrelevant? they are the ones who started all the bollocks holding the council to ransom. the comments from fisher showed they didn’t want the Ricoh for us. pretty relevant if you ask me

You have been shown a list of quotes from one side with no context.. Of course it was bullshit but again not just from one side.

It doesn't make it OK for one side to do it.

You say about holding the council to ransom but you don't mention the whole Haskell thing from the other side? No mention of Lucas saying about building Trust and hinting at ownership while she was finishing off the Wasps deal...

Of course, pressure the shit out of Fisher, he has bullshitted. It doesn't mean that other sides get a pass to stick the boot in does it?

Liquid Gold

Do you believe Fisher?
Did you believe the council?

fatso

Did you believe sisu?

Did you believe sisu?
the council have a duty to act in the best interest of the local tax payer. NOT a privately owned profit making hedge fund who renaged on a legally binding tenancy agreement !

NorthernWisdom

As an aside, this bit in the report made me snigger.

Securing the future of ACL,and the Arena more generally,ensures that the City Council will continue to receive a revenue stream from the business rates payable on the property. The same is true for any additional training facility which Wasps ultimately build within the City

The Lurker

You have been shown a list of quotes from one side with no context.. Of course it was bullshit but again not just from one side.

It doesn't make it OK for one side to do it.

You say about holding the council to ransom but you don't mention the whole Haskell thing from the other side? No mention of Lucas saying about building Trust and hinting at ownership while she was finishing off the Wasps deal...

Of course, pressure the shit out of Fisher, he has bullshitted. It doesn't mean that other sides get a pass to stick the boot in does it?

sisu should have the best interests of Ccfc but they don’t. Ccfc have 10,000 gates, council have 333,000 people. who should council look out for first?

Nick

Administrator
the council have a duty to act in the best interest of the local tax payer. NOT a privately owned profit making hedge fund who renaged on a legally binding tenancy agreement !

I am not sure if you are trying to defend them but missing the point and making it worse?

Users who are viewing this thread