New signings (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Jack

With the transfer embargo now lifted who does everyone want to see be brought in? Realistic targets obviously.... I think generally we need to improve up front and in the midfield. If Keogh and cranie stay the defence are solid and joe murphy is a solid league 1 keeper. Just a shame we missed out on Collins and syers

Tad

We just need some more quality in each area really.

Moff

Hopefully our new signings will be,

Under 20 stone...unlike Freddie
Faster than a slug ... unlike Bell
An actual proper midfielder enforcer - unlike deegan
Fit - sadly unlike Mcpake
Bothered - unlike Thornton was, or Clingan last year
Under contract - unlike Westwood, Gunnarson, Cranie, etcetc
Not got relegation all over his CV - unlike Murphy
Experienced - Unlike half the first team squad
Ours - unlike Norwood

and bought with new owners vast sums of cash (sorry this one is a dream)

Sterling Archer

I think Baker will shine in this division, especially after chatting to a Stockport supporting mate the other day but I feel will sstill need more strength in midfield.

Most important area is a couple of strikers.

torchomatic

Now, I don't know about these kind of things but are there as many loans to L1 clubs? I was just thinking that perhaps clubs in the Prem would rather their players gain experience in the Championship. I guess if that is correct - which it obviously may not be - then we may not be able to rely so much on loans to get us through. It would be nice if we could get Norwood.

ccfcway

League One clubs tend to get the best of both worlds Torch

1) prem youngesters with no experience, so a bit too raw for the championship
2) players not getting match time at their championship club

so, in effect, there is a lot bigger pool to choose from / opportunities open to us

Grendel

so, in effect, there is a lot bigger pool to choose from / opportunities open to us

Really? How many prem youngsters played in League 1 last season?

torchomatic

Ah, yes. I think you're right. Never thought of it that way.

torchomatic

covcity4life

If sisu are wise(which they are not) they should get some signings in today/tommrow so fans know they mean business

And we need good players,norwood would be AMAZING

And a few prem loanees..why not? We need a bit of class

Add them to likes of

Murphy
Keogh
Hussey
clarke
Brigi
Thomas
Baker
Mcsheffrey
Macdonald

And you gotta believe Cameron,Christie,bell,wood,deegan can all play a part in a lesser league

we have to believe we have a chance of a title push…always wanted to type that!

Marty

Think we need to be picking up the top talent in league two and hoping they do it for us, an experienced solid core of league one players, with some decent wingers would be nice. Think we need at least 10 players.

Grendel

When Norwood was at Scunny where they in L1?

Yes I think so but I think there will be very few. I would think most will go into the championship Nimeley being a perfect example. Also our squad will have many young players anyway and 2 or 3 untried 18 year olds could be high risk. We need some permenant experienced players even if they are frees and on 1 year deals.

ccfc_Tom

Praying we actually sign players now. We need like 10 players but realistically can see us getting about 2-3 tops. Hope im wrong.

mark82

Priority has to be a striker though, surely. Would still like to see Stuart Beavon from Wycombe.

Cooksta94

What players are we looking for?

Now that we can sign players, what type of players are we actually looking for? or should we be looking for? It seems to me whenever i go to watch City play, there's no real flair to anyone's game. It just seems a bit bog-standard and boring. The signing of Nimely added a bit of spark and flair but he never really produced much. I just think we lack someone who has the confidence and ability to dribble at defenders. Also, i think if AT is going to persist with his style of football we need someone with Norwood's passing ability, how effective was it having him pinging a diagonal ball to Jordan Clarke? Very effective if you ask me. Does anyone have any idea on who City plan on bringing in? Also, who would you want to see? Obviously financially permitting!

CovScott88

If we can persuade Olly Norwood to sign, then that would be a massive coup. I'd love to see him back in Sky Blue.
In reality though, strikers must be our first priority. If ROD does go to Northampton, as rumoured, then Cody will be the only senior striker in the squad. Saying that, I think we'll see a fair bit of Billy Daniels next season regardless.

ccfcway

Really? How many prem youngsters played in League 1 last season?

Grendel, your way off the mark there pal

Here is just 3 clubs and the loans they made to lower league last year

Pretty sure if anyone could be bothered to do it, you would see at least 100 prem youngsters playing in leagues lower than Championship last season

Nathan Eccleston – Liverpool to Rochdale
Toni Silva – Liverpool to Northampton
David Amoo – Liverpool to Bury
Martin Hansen – Liverpool to Bradford
Stephen Darby – Liverpool to Rochdale
Mark Randell – Arsenal to Chesterfield
Luke Freeman – Arsenal to Stevenage
Giles Sunu – Arsenal to L Orient
James Shea – Arsenal to D & Redbridge
Joel Campbell – Arsenal to L Orient
Chucks Anake – Arsenal to Preston
Sanchez Watt – Arsenal to Sheff Wed
Daniel Boateng – Arsenal to Swindon
Gavin Hoyte – Arsenal to AFC Wimbledon
Craig Eastmond – Arsenal to Wycombe
Nico Yennaris – Arsenal to Notts County
Michael Woods- Chelsea to Yeovil
Danny Philliskirk - Chelsea to Sheff Utd
Carl Magnay - Chelsea to Gateshead
Sam Walker - Chelsea to Northampton
Ben Gordon - Chelsea to Peterborough
Rhys Taylor - Chelsea to Rotherham

Tottenham also did 11 loans to lower league, making it 33 loans from just 4 clubs in the prem !

Last edited:
Ollie Ollie Ollie! Sign Him Up!

Ollie Norwood is a must. He wants to come back and he's affordable. If we don't sign him then SISU need a good beating. We need at least 4 strikers as well. Nimley may be available as he's not gonna get a game with Man City and he enjoyed his time here. Really peed off that we missed out on home town boy James Collins. He may not be a proven striker but he can be a great striker once he's played with a big team for a while. i think we could do with another left winger. Possibly Chris Taylor. This lads got some pace and he doesnt go down in you tap his shoulder, like Ronaldo. Whoever we sing, they need to be bargains and they need to bring something extra to the squad, but Ollie is a must. His passing ability is amazing. Ollie Ollie Olliie! Pass Pass Pass

SkyBlueJohnso

Providing we don't lose anyone else i.e. Keogh, Cranie, Bigi, we definitely need 2 decent strikers, a strong midfielder, and if we can get Norwood on top of that I reckon that would see a top 6 finish as a minimum.

ccfc_Tom

Champ teams want norwood so dunno if he'd choose us over them. Howard would add some experience in centre mid and I'd get connolly released from southampton as an experienced striker who knows where the goal is.

mark82

Champ teams want norwood so dunno if he'd choose us over them. Howard would add some experience in centre mid and I'd get connolly released from southampton as an experienced striker who knows where the goal is.

Depends which champ clubs. I would still choose Coventry as a long term prospect over the likes of Peterborough and Barnsley.

ccfc_Tom

Depends which champ clubs. I would still choose Coventry as a long term prospect over the likes of Peterborough and Barnsley.

Watford want him and they're getting taken over so might offer a nice wage. He'd probs choose them over us.

Stoppercurtis

Willy Humphries. Ronnie Rees, George Hudson, John Sillett, Ian Gibson etc etc These were the players we signed the last time we were in this division.

Stopper

CovisGod

Got a gut feeling about Norwood, he enjoyed his time here, makes you wonder if someone at our end has had a word in his ear, wait for the Embargo to be lifted and we'll give you a good deal. I'd even give him a clause in his contract, come to us and if we don't go straight back up we'll let you go for X amount, Norwood is top class and would really show we mean business

rob9872

A beating heart is essential but if they two legs then I think we have crossed the T's and dotted the i's

dick turpin

Got a gut feeling about Norwood, he enjoyed his time here, makes you wonder if someone at our end has had a word in his ear, wait for the Embargo to be lifted and we'll give you a good deal. I'd even give him a clause in his contract, come to us and if we don't go straight back up we'll let you go for X amount, Norwood is top class and would really show we mean business

PMSL you guys really crack me up

Astute

Minimum 2 strikers, 2 midfield, LB and replacements for anyone that leaves.

Users who are viewing this thread