New signings (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Realistically? There might be a couple of L2 freebies left who nobody else wants I suppose. I'm not really any more excited that they are imminent than I have been for the past few months, however.

Astute

We need a couple of decent strikers. but if last season is anything to go by we will be lucky to get a couple of decent streakers

ccfcway

well, he wasnt in Coventry on Monday !

Oliver Norwood@ONorwood
@JNollett I'm at home not in Coventry! Sorry I would of done otherwise,

oakey

Minimum 2 strikers, but only one midfield if he relies on all the kids + a LB.
Most important is
1 striker : BIg and aggressive
2 striker: strong and fast
One must be capable of 20 goals a season..

Midfielder needs to be able to carry the ball into danger areas not just pass it there...which Sammy could do effectively.
Cover LB.
Anything else is a bonus but a speedy winger would be on my list.

Macca

I don t know how excited I am about the embargo being lifted. It's like a flasher having his probation ended. Does nt mean he s going to stop getting his cock out

WillieStanley

I don t know how excited I am about the embargo being lifted. It's like a flasher having his probation ended. Does nt mean he s going to stop getting his cock out

That is the best post I've read all day!! :claping hands:

kg82

Talking from experience Macca?!

shy_tall_knight

We will need centre halfs as I expect McFake, Keogh & Crainie to all go.
We are also short in centre midfield and lack pace on the wing
Expect ROD to leave.

4 players out, expect 6 players in 2 centre halfs, 1 centre mid, 1 wide man, 2 strikers - thats your lot.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Neutons 15yr striker, AT: weve been tracking him a while hes got flair and pace which i can see him giving ROD run for his money, were trading him for packet chewgums, free flights to camen islands but accomdation isnt included plus the ball boy. waggot worked hard on the deal but were glad we got our man championship here we come :)

cloughie

we will be signing anyone who is a free agent and wants the minimum wage

You will find the job advert at the job centre

shmmeee

I think we need:

A solid left back, mid-twenties, good enough to push Hussey. Must be someone who can play the attacking role Thorn uses.
A dirty little bugger to sit in front of the back four and play the simple ball. Someone used to L1 that can sit at the base of the diamond.
A good quality attack minded CM who can play with Thomas, Norwood would be perfect but unlikely.
A big strong striker to play alongside McDonald, mid to late twenties, knows the league and can do the ugly stuff.

I don't know the lower leagues well enough to suggest any names though. But I'd play the loan market as much as possible and hope we can pick up one or two gems for free.

dongonzalos

I think we need:

A solid left back, mid-twenties, good enough to push Hussey. Must be someone who can play the attacking role Thorn uses.
A dirty little bugger to sit in front of the back four and play the simple ball. Someone used to L1 that can sit at the base of the diamond.
A good quality attack minded CM who can play with Thomas, Norwood would be perfect but unlikely.
A big strong striker to play alongside McDonald, mid to late twenties, knows the league and can do the ugly stuff.

I don't know the lower leagues well enough to suggest any names though. But I'd play the loan market as much as possible and hope we can pick up one or two gems for free.

Yes exaclty right however we will also need one more centre half once Mcpake, Keogh and Cranie go

Also we will need another striker like Cody for when he or the big man get injured.

In the loans we need 2 attacking wingers and another striker.

covcity4life

olly norwood would be amazing,we would actually have the best player in the whole division if that happened

2 strikers,2 midfielders and LB..possibly only 1 new midfielder would suffice

a big man striker to put himself about-should ahve kept platt but he wanted to go,parkin perhaps? horsefield still going?
a pacey striker to run at defences-asnl must have such a kid to loan? lol
a flair player in midfield,attacking mid - is pachecho still hot property? i would imagine so,another prem loanee may be required here for quality
a lb back up/rotation option for hussey

Sharpie83

signings

So who do we want AT to sign? I know we would all love messi or Rooney but it won't happen unless they are 45 years old and its a charity match so realistically who would we get?

Otis

Nelson Mandela's free. And OJ Simpson.

Wouldn't want to sign him though. Liable to stab you in the back.

grego_gee

Jordan Mcleod CF CB Out of Contract:
English
Club:
Barnsley FC
DOB: 04/03/1994

two for one cf/cb, young meat ... :pimp:

Yorkshire SB

Baker was proven in league 1 with stockport, hopefully he will shine :):):):)

Right so half a season of good form in League 1 means he is proven? He played 42 games in League 1 for an awful side, same for Morecambe in League 2. In my opinion he has decent technical ability, but is nowhere near good enough for the championship..therefore I'd be surprised to see him shine in League 1. Not to mention he is 29 and therefore won't show any real improvement. Nice guy, but simply not good enough.

KersleyDigs

If no-one else leaves I'd be happy with Nimely & Norwood back, plus a big target man who is good for 10+ goals a season

Users who are viewing this thread