New signings soon (1 Viewer)

H

Huckerby

Transfer window doesn't open until June and most released players aren't out of contract until end of May, about now, also this is holiday time for players and managers many will be somewhere in the sunshine at the minute, so although there is some movement it won't ramp up until the next week or so. Certain TM has his wish list and also certain those on it will know, will there be known "names" maybe. Sisu know they need to boost season ticket sales and that will only happen with new players coming in. I know a lot of current ST holders and potential new ones keeping their powder dry for now. I read somewhere we have sold 1500 STs at the moment which i would say is poor, i am afraid too many of us have been bitten before and wiser now.
I'm well excited for this summer's dealings...haven't felt like this in a while!

Terry Gibson's perm

I'm well excited for this summer's dealings...haven't felt like this in a while!

I hope they have more sense to them than he is available and fairly cheap as it seemed to be last year and sort them out early so they get a full pre season as I cannot stand this he is a month behind as he missed pre season business.

rupert_bear

If you listen hard to Mowbrays CWR interview i think he is too. Mentioned how he isn't burdened with players on long contracts holding progress up and almost has a clean slate to work from. TM will done plenty of homework since the day he arrived you can be certain of that and that homework will have been presented to Joy Sepalla for marking at those interviews, he is now manager so something must have registered in her brain.

LB87ccfc

They don't have to come from teams in the championship or prem to do that. Lots of players in non-league and league 2 have the ability to step up. Look at ben Galdwin, Charlie Austin, Rickie lambert, Jamie vardy, etc. We need young hungry players, not players dropping down the leagues who say think they are better than they really are based on their past.

I said established league one players who know the league and what it takes to challenge at the right end of the table, I never mentioned championship players coming to the end etc.

Yes their are players in the lower leagues who could step up, but then theirs always an element of risk.

We need a solid foundation of both young hungry players / established above average league one players/ a couple experienced heads.

Anyway lets just see what happens and hopefully a decent season ahead.

Manchester_sky_blue

Mark Robins obviously hasn't taken a holiday this year, 3 signings done and dusted already. Pretty good ones too, Dawson, King and now Wiseman. Scunny could do well this season.

SkyBlueScottie

Alternatively they have signed 3 journeymen, and in other news have offered contracts to Isaiah Osbourne and McSheffrey which have not yet been accepted.

Sbarcher

Is the term "soon" on the same timescale as the 3 weeks new stadium announcement? Sorry, can't help being cynical........

KersleyDigs

Michael Doyle? TM keeps talking about a combative midfielder and experience at this level. Knows City and free, but unsure if he would be good enough technique wise in a TM side....

SkyBlue_Bear83

Kevin Thomson according to someone on another forum

Never heard the name before, quick google search.

He is from Scotland
He is a midfielder
He signed a 4 year contract with Coventry City in 2000 age 16, left after a year because of homesickness
Played for Mowbray at Middlesbrough between 2010-2013

Manchester_sky_blue

Never heard the name before, quick google search.

He is from Scotland
He is a midfielder
He signed a 4 year contract with Coventry City in 2000 age 16, left after a year because of homesickness
Played for Mowbray at Middlesbrough between 2010-2013

Reasonable defensive centre mid, looked good at Boro at times but did suffer with injuries. He is the wrong side of 30 mind.

Manchester_sky_blue

David Perkins signed for Wigan after Blackpool let him go. Missed a trick there, really decent midfielder for league one.

David Cornell available following release by Swansea, half decent keeper though i imagine he can get a champ club.

Last edited:

ccfcway

Coventry City start talks with defender Chris Stokes over new deal [h=2]Left-back expected to sign with Sky Blues on his return from honeymoon later this month Coventry City have begun contract negotiations with Chris Stokes but the left-back is not expected to sign a new deal with the Sky Blues until later this month.[/h]

Users who are viewing this thread