New Season, Fresh Start (1 Viewer)

Otis

Not being funny, but why should we support 100% whoever is running the club?

You would give an owner 100% support even if they were totally fooking everything up and were totally inept? :thinking about:

Even if Sisu have changed their tact nown there is no way I will give 100% unwavering support for them until they categorically prove they have changed their tact.

Last edited:

italiahorse

You would give an owner 100% support even if they were totally fooking everything up and were totally inept? :thinking about:

Even if Sisu have changed their tact nown there is no way I will give 100% unwavering support for them until they categorically prove they have changed their tact.

But would you want to get rid of them regardless of the consequences ?? I always reset at 100% at the start of season. I don't want to start day 1 shouting SISU, Andy Thorn and players out.

bulkoskyblue

I never said I was pro SISU Dick.
I'm saying if SISU go there is nobody else.
Only an idiot would want SISU to walk away without a viable alternative.
Like to see a corellation between arrogant narrow minded people like yourself who want SISU to pull out regardless and there actual history of commitment to the club.

pipe down dickhead i never mentioned you.
they knew what they were signing up for when they bought a football club. and since then all they have done is lie, asset strip and want sympathy for there alleged £40m investment, well fuck them they aint getting a penny of my money. and before you get back on your high horse i do support the team and will continue to do so at away games

bulkoskyblue

Also.......... history of commitment? Are you taking the piss?
History of selling / giving away players (dann, fox, westwood, king, juke, gunnar, turner, clingan etc......) and talking bullshit more like

italiahorse

pipe down dickhead i never mentioned you.
they knew what they were signing up for when they bought a football club. and since then all they have done is lie, asset strip and want sympathy for there alleged £40m investment, well fuck them they aint getting a penny of my money. and before you get back on your high horse i do support the team and will continue to do so at away games

You, and others, continually target and insult fans who wish to commit financial support for the club by buying season tickets. Supporting Coventry financially is more than going to away games or listening to it on the radio. Target your anger constructively at SISU who many years ago saved the club, who promised but did not achieve success, who have mismanaged £40M keeping us going by offering positive alternative solutions. Do not target loyal, perhaps blindly stupid, fans like myself.

1nilandwe...

italiahorse does have a point about a viable alternative. We have no real idea whether the Hoffman consortium is worthwhile or not.

However, lets not turn this into a game of 'I support the club more than you'. That is childish no matter how long ago your first match was.

theprince

I find it odd fans think buying season tickets will help the club, any season ticket money will be funnelled into the SISU coffers. Our debts will remain probably increase and there will be no money for players. Keep your money in your pockets and buy your tickets on a match by match basis, in fact long term that is better for the club as they get a little bit more that way.

Nonleagueherewecome

You would give an owner 100% support even though they are totally fooking everything up and are totally inept? :thinking about:

Edited with hypothetical removed and present reality inserted ;)

bulkoskyblue

You, and others, continually target and insult fans who wish to commit financial support for the club by buying season tickets. Supporting Coventry financially is more than going to away games or listening to it on the radio. Target your anger constructively at SISU who many years ago saved the club, who promised but did not achieve success, who have mismanaged £40M keeping us going by offering positive alternative solutions. Do not target loyal, perhaps blindly stupid, fans like myself.

i continue to insult fans? check your first reply to me, replying to a post that had not even mentioned you.
what are sisus positive alternative solutions exactly? are you being serious?
and as for the loyal fan bit, i am as loyal as they come. just because i wont line sisus pockets by attending home games does not make me any less of a fan.

italiahorse

You generalised by calling supporting fans like myself "mugs".
I am refering to you and others, when I suggest alternative viable solutions. It is so easy to take out your frustrations by slagging off players, die hard fans, manager and owners but cannot offer a way out.
In reality SISU have bought a club with limited income streams. They are attempting to balance the books by reducing the costs to match the income. Further reduction in income means further cuts and this is made even more essential with the new fair play rules.
We are not going to get or be allowed under the new rules a sugar daddy so income streams need to increase. I suggest that SISU or someone else, on the back of the olympics, needs to buy the stadium and utilse areas within it to further develope hotels, conferencing etc etc etc.
Only then will income increase allowing further expenditure on the team. This goes out the window if the Ricoh is riddled with protests and negativity.
I also said supporting CCFC financially. Loyalty assumes you have some sort of allegiance to the club as a whole not just the bits you like.

Nonleagueherewecome

So, it's unquestioning loyalty you are looking for? Hmm, a look at history indicates that people get abused when they entrust regimes with that.

CUS Wyken

I cant believe fans still going to give Thorn and SISU another chance. Have the past 12 months not proved to you deluded lot there on here they will not get us out of trouble. We need a fresh start on and off the pitch.

CUS Wyken

You generalised by calling supporting fans like myself "mugs".
I am refering to you and others, when I suggest alternative viable solutions. It is so easy to take out your frustrations by slagging off players, die hard fans, manager and owners but cannot offer a way out.
In reality SISU have bought a club with limited income streams. They are attempting to balance the books by reducing the costs to match the income. Further reduction in income means further cuts and this is made even more essential with the new fair play rules.
We are not going to get or be allowed under the new rules a sugar daddy so income streams need to increase. I suggest that SISU or someone else, on the back of the olympics, needs to buy the stadium and utilse areas within it to further develope hotels, conferencing etc etc etc.
Only then will income increase allowing further expenditure on the team. This goes out the window if the Ricoh is riddled with protests and negativity.
I also said supporting CCFC financially. Loyalty assumes you have some sort of allegiance to the club as a whole not just the bits you like.

Viable? This is the same SISU who say they have no money but want to buy the ground? If you believe ANYTHING they say then i will call you a mug. Havent 5 years of lies told you anything?

italiahorse

Viable? This is the same SISU who say they have no money but want to buy the ground? If you believe ANYTHING they say then i will call you a mug. Havent 5 years of lies told you anything?

This thread is called "New Season, Fresh Start". Please start a new thread " I want to cut off my nose to spite my face "

CUS Wyken

This thread is called "New Season, Fresh Start". Please start a new thread " I want to cut off my nose to spite my face "

Or will just wait 12 months later when were in league 2. Then you can start another thread "New Season, Fresh Start"

Answer me two questions?

Do you HONESTLY think Thorn will get us out of trouble?

Do you HONESTLY think SISU will get us out of trouble?

Grendel

Or will just wait 12 months later when were in league 2. Then you can start another thread "New Season, Fresh Start"

Answer me two questions?

The answers are;

No

and...No

italiahorse

Who ever wants to move the club forward will need to buy the ground and develop income streams. SISU can afford to buy the ground if they can show a return on the investment. They are not stupid and have always wanted to make a profit. The Ricoh owners should allow then to buy it at the price it is worth and not give it away. I believe these are the discussions and may include allowing other business developments on site which the council would need to buy into. Other investors could be drawn in through the visibility gained by the Olympics. All wishful thinking but this is what needs to happen.

CUS Wyken

The answers are;

No

and...No

Exactly Duffy.. they think why fans are so negative, cant they see whats happening to this club??? We must have the only set of fans who think its ok for the current situation.

Bit like a fella, whose caught his missus cheating several times. Once you let a bird take the piss once, they'll do it over and over again.

wingy

Who ever wants to move the club forward will need to buy the ground and develop income streams. SISU can afford to buy the ground if they can show a return on the investment. They are not stupid and have always wanted to make a profit. The Ricoh owners should allow then to buy it at the price it is worth and not give it away. I believe these are the discussions and may include allowing other business developments on site which the council would need to buy into. Other investors could be drawn in through the visibility gained by the Olympics. All wishful thinking but this is what needs to happen.
You've lost me there Italia Saying sisu are'nt stupid.

CUS Wyken

SISU want there 'investment' back. That is why there keen on the ground. Why didnt they do all this 3 years ago? They dont have the club best interests. They have there investors interests first. IF god forbid they took part ownership of the ground i guarentee we wont see the rewards. There 20 different investors would.

Hope im wrong but i personally cant see them doing any good for the club. Too many broken promises

italiahorse

Answer me two questions?

We are not in trouble yet, League One wise, so we need to give Thorn 10 games. I have grown to admire AT over the last few games having realised the squad he had to use and the injury list including some who were still playing.
SISU will need to buy the stadium and develop around it. If they do that the answer is yes. If they don't get the stadium then No.

CUS Wyken

We are not in trouble yet, League One wise, so we need to give Thorn 10 games. I have grown to admire AT over the last few games having realised the squad he had to use and the injury list including some who were still playing.
SISU will need to buy the stadium and develop around it. If they do that the answer is yes. If they don't get the stadium then No.

We are in trouble. We have NO money to invest in th team.

As for Thorn, i went to the last 5 games of the season and i seen nothing to suggest with this current crop he will get us anywhere near challenging for promotion.

I agree he's been dealt a bad hand but he has shown too many weakness as a manager espeically for someone in this siutation. I feel sorry for the fella cause he seems a genuine geezer but thats not what we want at the moment. With money maybe but without money hes a lost cause

Users who are viewing this thread