New kit information (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Didn't some bloke post an image then panic like fuck trying to delete it? Asking for mods help and all sorts. Pretty sure I remember him mentioning a phoenix although he'd removed the image before I could see it.
Yeah he did but no picture.

Somerset Sky Blue

Prefer it to last year, though I'd like to see if the phoenix is more visible when you see the kit in real life, which I think would be better.
All about opinions - hummel league one home and two tone best kits for me, followed by away last season (which really did a marmite on fans)!

shmmeee

giphy.gif

kg82

Really like it. Love the details put into it. And thankful we’re no longer a team getting templates.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I like it's unique and closer up it looks better.

First glance at a distance the wings definitely look like a bra, I wasn't sure what the head was (looked like those globs of vaporub players used to put on the shirt and the bottom bit just looked like the colour had run. But once I saw it as a phoenix I quite like it. Over time though I think it may go down as a 'great concept not quite pulled off".

Doubt the away will be the same but would like to see it in a red/orange if it was.

chiefdave

A Lady Godiva pic on the away shirts, would tie in with the Coventry Building Society logo, as well as being a recognizable symbol of our city
That could be an interesting conversation about how much of the kit can be taken up with advertising given Lady Godiva isn't exclusively the logo of the building society.

oakey

Sorry to tell you boys that pattern is too high for a bra. No woman has breasts above the line of her armpits unless she's had a very dodgy surgeon work on her. Ha

Danceswithhorses

That could be an interesting conversation about how much of the kit can be taken up with advertising given Lady Godiva isn't exclusively the logo of the building society.
Yes, not quite the same as the 'Talbot' shirts of the 80's trying to get around the advertising ban on televised footy....but yes, interesting thought :unsure:

pipkin73

I love the new shirt and wish i had the money to buy it.
The flames and Phonex showing how as a city we rose from the second world war,
how we are now on the up again. It's a kit that can only be Coventry.
Let's hope things pick up tourist wise, because if i have the money before it goes off sale next year i will be buying it.
If not, can someone sell me one in 2 years time. I realy want that top

Esoterica

Each time I’ve paid for customs charges for kit I’ve said never again…weirdly that soon goes out the window 😉
Gonna send it to my Mum and ask her to send it on marked as a gift this time. Think that might bypass the customs charges. Might be worth trying too if you’ve someone willing to post it?

pipkin73

would prefer “while we sing together”
slightly higher,
with “we will never lose” just below it.

pipkin73

Gonna send it to my Mum and ask her to send it on marked as a gift this time. Think that might bypass the customs charges. Might be worth trying too if you’ve someone willing to post it?
Going to have to go gift from now on to keep the charges down. Seems from end of July, everything regardless of value is import taxable.
I was quoted anything under 4€ was tax free, above then taxable. Means Correos charges again like the old days and
nothing being delivered as you have to go them to collect and pay :(

Sick Boy

Do you know if customs is calculated on the items in the parcel or per parcel?
If it’s per parcel I’d expect tracked post from the UK wouldn’t be much less.

Esoterica

Per item I believe as the charges vary depending on what the items are. I paid about 30 quid customs on 2 shirts at the end of the season. My Mum regularly sends a box of stuff over for my daughter and that’s fairly heavy and is usually around 16 quid tracked postage. Would expect a shirt or two to be less than that.

Mucca Mad Boys

There's a gift value threshold of £39 FYI - anything above that value will attract the usual customs charges. It also depends if the courier you ship with can do an import declarations with the CPC code for gifts, not many of them can do. I work in customs (not HMRC).

Per item I believe as the charges vary depending on what the items are. I paid about 30 quid customs on 2 shirts at the end of the season. My Mum regularly sends a box of stuff over for my daughter and that’s fairly heavy and is usually around 16 quid tracked postage. Would expect a shirt or two to be less than that.

The duties and taxes are applied to the whole consignment e.g. 4 football shirts worth £200 will attract the D&Ts based on 200.

FYI for anyone shipping to the EU:

Last edited:

LilleSkyBlue

The L1 kit has been my favourite Hummel one so far. Last season's I didn't like at all at first, but it grew on me over the season. I admire its bravery now.

This new one... don't like old-style round collars much and it's a bit boring compared to the last two. Still, no big deal, it's fine and it'll probably grow on me as the season goes on like last season's did.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I love the new shirt and wish i had the money to buy it.
The flames and Phonex showing how as a city we rose from the second world war,
how we are now on the up again. It's a kit that can only be Coventry.
Let's hope things pick up tourist wise, because if i have the money before it goes off sale next year i will be buying it.
If not, can someone sell me one in 2 years time. I realy want that top

There's quite a few cities that consider themselves 'Phoenix' cities, having recovered from a stagnation/decline and some that were bombed during the war. I do think we're a good contender to be the 'official' Phoenix city given the level of destruction and number of times we've bounced back from industries going into decline.

Although I think Phoenix may well consider themselves to be it. Give it's their name.

Users who are viewing this thread