New hotel at Ricoh (2 Viewers)

mark82

Anyone with knowledge of the planning process know how this could possibly get approval if they've already rejected a very similar application? Logic says there's no way that could happen, but we all know it will.

Londonccfcfan

Putting my 2 pence worth in. On the few occasions I've stayed in a hotel is usually for a rare Friday night game. The Novotel which is about 15 mins walk to Ricoh 9ve found the most reasonable compared to the hilton. Usually found it very busy with away fans too.

There is a need for a budget hotel near the Ricoh (think it will do very well on matchday).

mark82

Putting my 2 pence worth in. On the few occasions I've stayed in a hotel is usually for a rare Friday night game. The Novotel which is about 15 mins walk to Ricoh 9ve found the most reasonable compared to the hilton. Usually found it very busy with away fans too.

There is a need for a budget hotel near the Ricoh (think it will do very well on matchday).

Wasn't the plan that was rejected for a budget hotel?

theferret

Well yes, I agree, but surely that need hasn't suddenly emerged in the few weeks between rejecting one application (from an independent third party) and cheerleading for this one which happens to be backed by Wasps.

skyblue1991

Coventry City Council really are utter cunts.

I know who I won't be voting for in the upcoming council elections...

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

oldfiver

How convenient that they had the lease extended just in time to get a planning application in

So I assume this one will be rejected for the same reasons.......

"Coventry City Council refused

So the hotel will be a Hilton the same as the hotel on site. If this gets planning permission CCC might aswell just rebadge as wasps and not hide their bias

This is a Hampton Hilton ..their budget hotel franchise

jordan210

This is a Hampton Hilton ..their budget hotel franchise

Still owned and operated by Hilton World-wide. (or franchised according to weeman) So you could argue it's a bit of a monopoly. If the council are giving planning permission to the same company after rejecting a different one.

oldfiver

Mid-tier as opposed to budget. Hamptons are good products.

And they can be owned/operated as opposed to franchised as well.

My Hilton contact says "for a Hilton it's a budget hotel "

Hilton no longer own ( all but a few select ) hotels its just a brand

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Still owned and operated by Hilton World-wide. (or franchised according to weeman) So you could argue it's a bit of a monopoly. If the council are giving planning permission to the same company after rejecting a different one.
Just to clarify...hotels can either be owned/operated or franchised. As an example...Hilton Wembley (owned/operated), Hilton Belfast (franchised). Same with DoubleTrees, Hamptons, Hilton Garden Inns etc.

To the customer, there should be no difference if you walk into an O&O compared to a franchised property...brand standards need to be met regardless.

The Hampton brand is focused serviced (as opposed to full service). 'Budget' does it it injustice...its not an Air BnB. The rooms are good sizes, good amenities, fresh, new and clean. It's just that they'll not have a fully serviced kitchen (so limited F&B offering) and wont have meeting space bar maybe a small boardroom compared to fully serviced kitchens and large amounts of meeting space in full service properties.

Skyblueweeman

Your Hilton contact shouldn't be calling it budget, that's incorrect (as per my post above).

Skyblueweeman

And your last point is correct. But Hilton have never owned all their hotels. It's just the % of O&O vs Franchised had decreased over the years.

That's not unique to Hilton but rather symptomatic of the whole hotel industry. Same for Marriott, IHG, Accor etc.

oldfiver

And your last point is correct. But Hilton have never owned all their hotels. It's just the % of O&O vs Franchised had decreased over the year

Most Hilton hotels now sit in a Reit

That's not unique to Hilton but rather symptomatic of the whole hotel industry. Same for Marriott, IHG, Accor etc.

Skyblueweeman

Well, I've worked for Hilton for 10 years, on property and above property...the last 5 years out of out EMEA HQ and have sold all brands to some of the largest companies in the UK as well as some of the world's largest sporting organisations.

We're well drilled not to call brands like Hamptons or Garden Inns as 'budget'.

jordan210

Just to clarify...hotels can either be owned/operated or franchised. As an example...Hilton Wembley (owned/operated), Hilton Belfast (franchised). Same with DoubleTrees, Hamptons, Hilton Garden Inns etc.

To the customer, there should be no difference if you walk into an O&O compared to a franchised property...brand standards need to be met regardless.

The Hampton brand is focused serviced (as opposed to full service). 'Budget' does it it injustice...its not an Air BnB. The rooms are good sizes, good amenities, fresh, new and clean. It's just that they'll not have a fully serviced kitchen (so limited F&B offering) and wont have meeting space bar maybe a small boardroom compared to fully serviced kitchens and large amounts of meeting space in full service properties.

cheers for the info

So how fitting would it be for a franchise to get special treatment from CCC. Wonder where we have heard that before !

Skyblueweeman

cheers for the info

So how fitting would it be for a franchise to get special treatment from CCC. Wonder where we have heard that before !
Cant comment on that as I'm genuinely unaware of this new hotel. Get your point though ;-)

oldfiver

Well, I've worked for Hilton for 10 years, on property and above property...the last 5 years out of out EMEA HQ and have sold all brands to some of the largest companies in the UK as well as some of the world's largest sporting organisations.

We're well drilled not to call brands like Hamptons or Garden Inns as 'budget'.

Maybe just because he is talking to me then lol
Long ago I worked for IBM and was on a course. I was asked what the delay was on a certain project. Innocent like I said the new computer had teething problems on installation. A fact lots of people knew. I was told off for saying an IBM machine had a fault utter nonsense.

I also say Derrick Robin's Rolls being covered with sheets and put on a transporter. Rolls Royces do not break down though!

Skyblueweeman

Long ago I worked for IBM and was on a course. I was asked what the delay was on a certain project. Innocent like I said the new computer had teething problems on installation. A fact lots of people knew. I was told off for saying an IBM machine had a fault utter nonsense.

I also say Derrick Robin's Rolls being covered with sheets and put on a transporter. Rolls Royces do not break down though!
Ha ha! I'm sure theres others within Hilton that call the brand budget but its doing it a disjustice. I've stayed in a few Hamptons and they're good hotels.

oldfiver

cheers for the info

As this sits on CCC land it would normally follow the Council gets a percentage of any development uplift. Wonder what deal is here?

Johhny Blue

I think it was raining and he didn’t want muddy tires

D

Deleted member 2477

And the people of Coventry still vote for these corrupt left wing clowns. It beggars belief that these councillors can be so up front with their lies and deceit that everyone.can see that this is corrupt and immoral and yet time after time they still get away with it particularly when it comes to planning applications.

it seems Nuneaton council are also in the same cess pit of corruption and in the pockets of Coventry Labour council when it comes to building and planning

shepardo01

And the people of Coventry still vote for these corrupt left wing clowns. It beggars belief that these councillors can be so up front with their lies and deceit that everyone.can see that this is corrupt and immoral and yet time after time they still get away with it particularly when it comes to planning applications.

it seems Nuneaton council are also in the same cess pit of corruption and in the pockets of Coventry Labour council when it comes to building and planning

Seems they've managed to get inside Stratford Council too.... unbelievable (this has been posted on Wasps Downward Spiral too) How do they get way with it!

mark82

Don't think it's a Labour/ left-wing problem as such. All sides of the council have been complicit in this saga.

Users who are viewing this thread