New Goalkeeper? (2 Viewers)

Gazolba

I understand what you are sayin in all respect but 23 is fairly young for a goalkeeper

Iker Casillas was Real Madrid's GK when he was 18 and he was fantastic at that age.

Gazolba

I think TM is taking a calculated risk with Burge. TM feels he is good enough taking into account how many we are scoring at the other end. And he can always switch to the reserve keeper if he needs to. If TM spends on a new GK he has to sacrifice elsewhere. Where it could all come unstuck is if either of our keepers gets injured.

westofrayne

Didn't Burge save a penalty at Millwall when it was 0 - 0?
I know he gave it away, but their player conned the ref to get it. Without that save, who knows how the game would have panned out.
He is not ideal, but I'd rather back him - at least for a few more matches....

He"gave it away", the only person in the ground that didn't see the dive was the ref, I was directly behind the goal as started laughing at the dive until the ref pointed to the spot, but got up and made the save, your right it could have been a far different game if it had gone in.

westofrayne

Its a good job this forum wasn't around when Oggy first joined the club, over the first few seasons he had some bad spells spilling the ball and dropping crosses, look what we got in the end one of the best uncapped keepers even to set foot on a pitch. Also remember the cup final, Oggy made a right hash of TH 2nd goal, I wonder if the same people on here would be shouting for his head.

Oh by the way is Hart a shit keeper because he spilled the ball against SM the other day under no pressure??

At present Burge is TM's No.1, rather than attempting to destroy him we should be supporting, encouraging him giving him confidence, there are far too many perfect people on here that have never made a mistake. TM will replace him if he see fit, until that time support him, his a city player.

I will be going onto Corals later to put a bet on the time of the first Anti-Burge thread this afternoon, going for 14:55 due to him not saving every shot during the warm up.

Everybody makes mistakes, it how they learn from it going forward that counts.

Users who are viewing this thread