New fans view (1 Viewer)

Baginton

First game tonight for me as a new supporter, overall I enjoyed the game, a lot of silly errors, and a lot of dead ends and having to turn back, one thing was clear, Hussey (3) was not given enough support when he went forward, but a lot of good football too, good chasing down etc

Re: the goal that was not given, from where I was sat the ball was a foot over the line, what was the lino thinking? I hope we get a replay.

I'm still learning who is who, specially as there are so many new signings, so can't give too much detailed view on individual performances, but on the whole a good game of football, it felt like a Championship game, only 12k is a little disappointing, but it was midweek, so hopefully a few more Saturday

Did people boo at half time, I dint hear this, but I was legging it down the stairs at the sound of the whistle, the half time Pork & Stuffing batch was lovely by the way!

I've watched a lot of lower league / Blue Square footy and this was a lot better quality, a real shame when Sheffield scored, a soft goal to give away.

To sum up, the makings of a very good side, at least capable of a play off place, see you all Saturday and no booing, positivity please... two games and still unbeaten!!

BRING ON THE BURY

Edited to add, note to self, take a torch for the walk back along the canal after night games!

Skyblue4u

You deserve a medal for being a new supporter in this day and age of sky blue history. Greatest of respects though that you decided to come her and suffer with the rest of us rather than going for the bog standard manure theme.

Hi Baginton, excellent first post. Watch out for all the doom and gloom merchants, many of them dont go to the games anyway. Keep the faith B

Nonleagueherewecome

Good OP: so who else do you support, Brakes, Boro, or VS?

Baginton

I relocated here with my work a few years ago, but recently moved within walking distance away from the stadium, I love any football and decided to get a season ticket (£299 is good value), shame as when I got the season ticket, Cov were still in with a slim chance of staying up :facepalm: its still ok, good time to re-build, get the feelgood factor back, possible promotion and fresh challanges ahead!!

I like the Ricoh, its great when the fans get behind the team, it generates a great atmosphere, fair play to Blades fans too, they had a few roars too.

My team: a Blue Square Premier team who shall remain nameless, not local :whistle:

Nonleagueherewecome

I relocated here with my work a few years ago, but recently moved within walking distance away from the stadium, I love any football and decided to get a season ticket (£299 is good value), shame as when I got the season ticket, Cov were still in with a slim chance of staying up :facepalm: its still ok, good time to re-build, get the feelgood factor back, possible promotion and fresh challanges ahead!!

I like the Ricoh, its great when the fans get behind the team, it generates a great atmosphere, fair play to Blades fans too, they had a few roars too.

My team: a Blue Square Premier team who shall remain nameless, not local :whistle:

Braintree is my pointless stab in the dark :)

lordsummerisle

Hello Sean!!

Ashdown

I wish a few more of his type could relocate to Coventry, we might have a more positive fanbase altogether.

Astute

Did people boo at half time, I dint hear this, but I was legging it down the stairs at the sound of the whistle, the half time Pork & Stuffing batch was lovely by the way!

I am stunned.

I have lived all over the country. The only time I have ever heard the term 'batch' used in this context is from people born in or very close to Cov, or my kids that got brought up with this word being used. Even my wife calls them rolls after being married to me for too many years and the kids using the word batch.

With regards to the disallowed goal I was in block 23 exactly level with the line (same view as the linesman) and I did not see it cross the line. Not saying it didn't just saying you could not tell from where I sat which was possibly the best view possible.

I am stunned.

I have lived all over the country. The only time I have ever heard the term 'batch' used in this context is from people born in or very close to Cov, or my kids that got brought up with this word being used. Even my wife calls them rolls after being married to me for too many years and the kids using the word batch.

The rest of the country are clearly uneducated. Having worked in the industry for many years in the past the exact technical terms are;

Cob = Crusty and Round
Roll = Soft and Long (like a hot dog roll)
Batch = Soft and Round

Hope this helps :)

WestEndAgro

I am stunned.

Yes, the term Batch is definitely a Cov thing, I asked for a batch up in Stoke and they looked at me as if I had three heads !

Nonleagueherewecome

With regards to the disallowed goal I was in block 23 exactly level with the line (same view as the linesman) and I did not see it cross the line. Not saying it didn't just saying you could not tell from where I sat which was possibly the best view possible.

I was B21, it was blatantly, blatantly in.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes, the term Batch is definitely a Cov thing, I asked for a batch up in Stoke and they looked at me as if I had three heads !

In that case it is also a Warwick, Rugby, and Leamington thing.

Nonleagueherewecome

Astute

It gets confusing when you want a sausage batch. In a lot of the country you have to ask for a roll, but if you ask for a sausage roll you get.......a sausage roll :D You have to ask for a sausage in a roll. And as you say they look at us gone out when we ask for a batch.

Nonleagueherewecome

If you've ever been to Leam or Warwick, you'll know that Cov is a right shit-hole by comparison!

I am stunned.

Many years ago went to a Leicester pub and asked for two batches - received two boxes of Swan Vestas matches !!!

You couldn't make it up

Astute

If you've ever been to Leam or Warwick, you'll know that Cov is a right shit-hole by comparison!

I'm glad you said by comparison. Leamington or Warwick are not that nice compared to where I live. Don't mean they are shitholes though. Cov is not that bad compared to some places I have been.

Astute

Many years ago went to a Leicester pub and asked for two batches - received two boxes of Swan Vestas matches !!!

You couldn't make it up

I can understand that. You did say Leicester :D

Nonleagueherewecome

lordsummerisle

Got some strange looks when away at Stockport(how optimistic of a quick return to the Prem we were then!)fom the woman in a sandwich shop when i asked her for a couple of large baps.

To be fair, they were massive, lasted right til half-time.

Had a mate from Manchester who always wanted a barm cake, now that is strange.

Astute

Got some strange looks when away at Stockport(how optimistic of a quick return to the Prem we were then!)fom the woman in a sandwich shop when i asked her for a couple of large baps.

To be fair, they were massive, lasted right til half-time.

Did you get anything to eat in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread