My story (1 Viewer)

Knosh87

Hello SBT. I am a 17 y.o from Liverpool. I have always loved football , and supported liverpool until 3 and a half years ago due to my dad supporting them. Both my grandparents live in Cov, and My Mum’s whole side of the family is from there , so I visit cov every fortnight atleast. 4 years ago , bored at my grandmother’s house , I decided to watch cov vs notts county on the opening day of the league 2 season. I know it’s a massive cliche but I fell in love instantly , and halfway through the l2 season , I made a decision to support cov , based on the fact i’d rather support ccfc and watch them play every week than support lfc and watch them on telly every week. This season I got my first season ticket ( I was planning to get one in 19/20 but couldn’t due to our move to Birmingham.)
Am I a total Knobhead?
Am I a plastic fan?
Or Did I make a fair decision?

Pricey1984

Your choice at the end of the day.....but to me there is no better feeling than when it goes mental in the stadium after scoring....and it means so much more supporting a side like city with all the crap we have been through when things actually go well. So IMO, 100% right decision 😃

Dog

Hello SBT. I am a 17 y.o from Liverpool. I have always loved football , and supported liverpool until 3 and a half years ago due to my dad supporting them. Both my grandparents live in Cov, and My Mum’s whole side of the family is from there , so I visit cov every fortnight atleast. 4 years ago , bored at my grandmother’s house , I decided to watch cov vs notts county on the opening day of the league 2 season. I know it’s a massive cliche but I fell in love instantly , and halfway through the l2 season , I made a decision to support cov , based on the fact i’d rather support ccfc and watch them play every week than support lfc and watch them on telly every week. This season I got my first season ticket ( I was planning to get one in 19/20 but couldn’t due to our move to Birmingham.)
Am I a total Knobhead?
Am I a plastic fan?
Being a Cov supporter is never boring. And for what you are? Plastic are those who never go to games but make it sound they never miss one and have no link to the city/town.

Glutton for punishment would be my call on the matter. But welcome aboard and enjoy the roller coaster ride 😀

slowpoke

Good decision mate you will probably have more down days supporting us than the reds but that’s part of the deal. I know there are one or two who come regular from Liverpool, Purple Bin who is on here is one you never know there might be ways of travelling down with someone. My lad lived in Wigan until recently and is in the Manchester area supporters group so there are options

Evo1883

Am I a total Knobhead?
Am I a plastic fan?

giphy.gif

PurpleBin

Yeah I'm in Liverpool mate. There's a few tbf. We have North West supporters whats app group with about 25 of us, mainly Manchester based. DM me your number and I'll add you in 👍

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Am I a total Knobhead?
Am I a plastic fan?
Not a plastic as there is no glory to support us for

better days

Am I a total Knobhead?
Am I a plastic fan?
Proper fan
That's how it starts for nearly all of us, a good win the first time we attend a match then you're hooked
Enjoy the ride son ;)

Alkhen

Am I a total Knobhead?
Am I a plastic fan?

Nah mate you are doing the right thing! I made a similar decision (a bit younger) Living in the the west country in the 90s there really wasnt much of a choice for a local team. a lot of my family supported either Portsmouth on my mums side or Man United on my dads. I did the usual young kid thing and chose United as they were winning everything.

My dad took me to a Cov match in the 90s and I instantly fell in love, just felt way more connected to a club I could watch live.

rob9872

I don't want to get hooked on this likely fishing thread. Ask me again a few hundred posts in and I'll respond fairly :)

Hoofhearted

I hate you glory hunters, deserting bang average teams like Liverpool to follow one of the big guns like City.... Hold on.... No, wait scratch that!!!!

Seriously fair play to ya, good to have a converted fan, enjoy the rollercoaster my friend PUSB

Briles

Get a half and half shirt. It would really confuse people.

richnrg

Am I a plastic fan? - Not at all. Well done on supporting your (now) local team
Did I make a fair decision? - It sounds as though you did.
Am I a total Knobhead? - You're a 17 year old from Liverpoool... of course you're a knobhead :)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Am I a total Knobhead?
Am I a plastic fan?

When I was at school, I always felt like my connection to CCFC was so much stronger than most of those around me that supported Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc... Bunking off early to get a coach to Bury away (R.I.P), or whatever it might have been. Coming in the next day and moaning about losing in the last minute. Other people just didn't get it, and never had that relationship with their club like I felt I did. It affected my moods both good and bad, and was a serious hobby compared to others.

Sometimes you want to throw the laptop out the window, other times you want to hug the nearest stranger to you. It's a strange feeling supporting this club at times, but the last few years have generally been a pleasure. Welcome to the club, or as another poster has said above, the madhouse. Certainly SBT is what I would class as one!

BornSlippySkyBlue

Fair play mate. My lad is a brummy sky blue (thanks to his old man), so in my book family or geography are both valid reasons. In fact any reason is valid to support us because as others have mentioned, there’s very little in the way of glory to hunt (last few years excepted).

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Am I a total Knobhead?
Am I a plastic fan?

Welcome and you've made the right choice, supporting teams like Liverpool is easy.

rob9872

When I was at school, I always felt like my connection to CCFC was so much stronger than most of those around me that supported Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc... Bunking off early to get a coach to Bury away (R.I.P), or whatever it might have been. Coming in the next day and moaning about losing in the last minute. Other people just didn't get it, and never had that relationship with their club like I felt I did. It affected my moods both good and bad, and was a serious hobby compared to others.

Sometimes you want to throw the laptop out the window, other times you want to hug the nearest stranger to you. It's a strange feeling supporting this club at times, but the last few years have generally been a pleasure. Welcome to the club, or as another poster has said above, the madhouse. Certainly SBT is what I would class as one!
Echo all of that.

Also I think I was drawn to the fact that we were shit like a badge of honour. It's now a strange phenomenon having relative success and as much as we need all the day-trippers and extra fans and whilst I'd never coin the term superfans etc, there was something more intimate about being there at the lowest ebb.

Hobo

The chance of watching a team live each week v watching a team on telly each week.

I think that is what converts us all in the end.

Hope you are a fan for life and just enjoy it.

robbiethemole

this is awful!!!! you are some right basterds on here, tell the poor, deluded young fool the truth!!!
There is no such thing as a GLORY hunter in the SBA, all you'll get is a kick in the bollocks, and a smack in the mouth, but By God it's worth it!!

COV

Am I a total Knobhead?
Am I a plastic fan?

Best decision you ever made- you’ll feel the ups and downs more than you ever would have done supporting Liverpool on the tv.

Greggs

Yep, glory hunter, only started watching us when we started winning ;)

usskyblue

Am I a total Knobhead?
Am I a plastic fan?

There are 5 rules:

1) Have a sickbag ready for match threads (don’t ask)

2) Don’t be like some Coventry fans who don’t actually like us winning (don’t ask)

3) Always remember hindsight posts have the ability to haunt you for years (don’t ask)

4) Pick-a-player to hate (don’t ask)

hqdefault.jpg

5) There is no rule 5

• Haha
Reactions: Dog

Users who are viewing this thread