Mowbray's favouritism (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

We lost because TM did not pick our strongest xi.....currently based on pre-season and squad Tudguy had to start.....he didn't and we lost.
Hopefully just a minor blip for TM.....he lost it for quite a bit in terms of team selection last season though.

Hopefully we can get up and running with win against Pompey on Tuesday...long way to go!!!

torchomatic

Looks like it will cost again this season. Last time it was MAF over Tudgay. Now it's Sordell and Kwame, who btw put in the worst performance I have ever seen yesterday, over Tudgay. And why on earth would he start George Thomas over Lameiras? He was horrific.

One game. And, Thomas hasn't had a preseason, has he?

SkyBlue_Bear83

We lost because TM did not pick our strongest xi.....currently based on pre-season and squad Tudguy had to start.....he didn't and we lost.
Hopefully just a minor blip for TM.....he lost it for quite a bit in terms of team selection last season though.

Hopefully we can get up and running with win against Pompey on Tuesday...long way to go!!!
We lost because Tudgay didn't start.....LOL

You are obsessed with him

Grendel

Maybe tudgay had a strain or something

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Or maybe he just isn't very good - which he isn't.

D

Deleted member 2477

On goals to apearencies last season i think you will find Tudguy was not crap. He never got a proper game time last season as was far better than the crap we played saturday in front of him just like mf last season

SkyBlue_Bear83

On goals to apearencies last season i think you will find Tudguy was not crap. He never got a proper game time last season as was far better than the crap we played saturday in front of him just like mf last season

You moan about Tudgay not having a chance then in the next breath right off players as crap without giving them a chance.

Classic.

johnwillomagic

so skyblue bear and Grendel you think that Sordell, George Thomas and Jones are better than Tudguy from current squad and should be in start xi ahead of him?
You also think that K.Thomas was a better substitute option than bringing on Tudguy from the bench too I take it?....

letsallsingtogether

so skyblue bear and Grendel you think that Sordell, George Thomas and Jones are better than Tudguy from current squad and should be in start xi ahead of him?
You also think that K.Thomas was a better substitute option than bringing on Tudguy from the bench too I take it?....
Tbf I didn't go on Saturday but Jones has made the league 1 team of the day.

covcity4life

Even if i give you Jodi does not excuse putting in the other three ahead of Tudguy especially given how pre-season went!

Tudgay scored as a sub after Sordell ans taken on the fresh defences. It's a different gsme late on

And did you see the chances Sordell made for others? And s good shot hit post too

johnwillomagic

I actually went for experienced front three of Tudguy, Sordell and Reid for the game.....however Jones did play well despite getting kicked all over the shop I think Tudguy and Sordell could play together in the front three personally.

Otis

I think Tudgay has become a legend in some people's heads.

The more he doesn't get picked the seemingly better player he appears to be.

Gaz

TBF Tudguy hasn't looked too bad in preseason, I'd have thought he'd merited an appearance of some sort Saturday.

Nick

Administrator

It's common sense really, you have a striker who has had loads of minutes of pre season and got a couple of good goals and looked sharp.

Or a lad without a single minute and just come back from injury.

Tudgay has come on and changed the game a fair few times, he is no Armstrong but can do a job.

It would be the same if we had another striker who was fitter on the bench.

Last edited:

georgehudson

in the eye of each fan is their view, having bee to 3 pre-season friendlies and the swindon game, my assessment for what it's worth is that there were many +'s & -'s
RCC for example had an adequate game, a few observers remarked on his dubious distribution
DKE started very well, but started to get a bit of a roasting in the 2nd half, hence their no.11 got the man of the match vote, strange because he was shite in the 1st half,
Willis had an all round sound game but as with others got pulled about in the 2nd half,
Ricketts was good in the 1st half but suffered from dropping too deep in the 2nd,
Harries showed some really promising control & touches, hopefully the megalomaniacs will not latch on to his value yet,
Haynes had a real in /out game of showing real ability with nervous naivety
Gadhjev was positive but their 5 in midfield put pressure on him
Rose, particularly in the 1st half was good & showed he has a good engine, again their swamping of midfield had an effect
Jones, i thought was our most threatening man, though certain media types seem to be 'agin him',significantly tho, had we a half efficient official in control, we'have been playing against 10 for most of the game
Sordell was treated as though he was a violent criminal by Handley, who, imho should be restricted to sunday league games
Thomas G has speed, control, but perhaps due to a confidence level, seems as though 'to finish' is not yet in his cv
as for the subs, Lameiras is a worry in that he has skill in abundance but needs to add a level of oomph to his game,
Reid looked very positive but with that arse Handley ignoring fouls galore by swindon players, struggled to have effect
Thomas K, looked unfit & played like it, & i can understand fans questioning the non appearance of Tudgay,
all in all though i thought we could have been 2 or 3 up in the 1st half hour & coasted through the game because, imho, swindon are nowt special, & once again we were plagued by gross ineptitude from Handley, combined with the lino on the main stand side who seem to be giving decisions in a 'uriah rennie' fashion
just an opinion that is,
just need our owners to speculate to accumulate,
ooh look what the knickerstitchers have done
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread