Mowbray's favouritism (1 Viewer)

PTA

Looks like it will cost again this season. Last time it was MAF over Tudgay. Now it's Sordell and Kwame, who btw put in the worst performance I have ever seen yesterday, over Tudgay. And why on earth would he start George Thomas over Lameiras? He was horrific.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I agree, I've pointed this out several times. It definitely cost us last season too.

Let's just leave it here for now though, it's only been one game this season. If it starts happening consistently we can pull up on it later.

Nathccfc

Can't really make that decision after one game. I don't see the need for all the doom and gloom just yet, it has only been one game.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

I agree, I've pointed this out several times. It definitely cost us last season too.

Let's just leave it here for now though, it's only been one game this season. If it starts happening consistently we can pull up on it later.

Agreed - we .will have several players on a par, and whenever we lose, player X (who hasn't played) will always (in theory) be able to have done a better job than whoever had a poorish game on the day. Never seen a player had a bad game who isn't on the pitch, and you can't prove how they would have done, one way or another. got to trust the manager who will know about players carrying knocks, other issues that we will never know about. For me, Portsmouth is definiitely a game to give to players who need match fitness. Result not important (versus league), though we'll all moan if we lose!

chiefdave

Only one game but I don't get the Tudgay thing. He seemed reluctant to play him last season. Surprised everyone by giving him a new contract. Decent pre-season. Doesn't get on the pitch yesterday.

Nick

Administrator
Only one game but I don't get the Tudgay thing. He seemed reluctant to play him last season. Surprised everyone by giving him a new contract. Decent pre-season. Doesn't get on the pitch yesterday.

It is strange, rather playing somebody coming back from injury and not kicked a ball over somebody playing well and getting loads of pre season minutes.

I am just waiting for it being a clause in his contract so it is SISU's fault.

covcity4life

That shit player Murphy did alright today? Norwich manager playing favourites too?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't see Tudgay being used any more than last season, he's ok but not really what you would call an impact player off the bench to turn a game around. I see Tudgay as more of a player you bring on when you are winning and trying to see the game out, bringing a calmness and experience and trying to slow the game down and take some pressure off the defense.

Sick Boy

It makes no sense whatsoever.

Nick

Administrator
I don't see Tudgay being used any more than last season, he's ok but not really what you would call an impact player off the bench to turn a game around. I see Tudgay as more of a player you bring on when you are winning and trying to see the game out, bringing a calmness and experience and trying to slow the game down and take some pressure off the defense.

Tudgay is more of an impact player coming off the bench in fairness.

He can calm it down but he has come on a few times and scored the winner..See Millwall last season.

Sick Boy

That shit player Murphy did alright today? Norwich manager playing favourites too?
Goes to show how much some of our fans know. Lazy and not good enough for a poor-average League 1 side, but can cope at the end top end of the Championship.

what a joke !

Mowbray signed Tudgay. If he didn't want him, he wouldn't be here.

No he didn't.

coop

Why not play Tudgay he's scored a couple in pre season Thomas hasn't even started a game so don't understand TM thinking he did sign Tudgay this year

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So what? He does have the ability to play well. He scored a great goal against Walsall at a similar time last season, it still doesn't take away from the fact he was the worst player on the pitch for about 20 games last season. At the time there were other players crying out for a chance which they deserved, but Murphy was seemingly undroppable.

steve82

As much as I'd of liked Tudgay to have been used yesterday we can only assume that TM wanted to keep with pace at the top end, tho I was not there I'm guessing Swindon allowed us to play and we found space tight in the second half, so TM went with the more technical player types. If by September Tudgay has not played then we can safely say there is a problem with TM's selections.

Nathccfc

Have we though about maybe TM giving Kwame a run out because he hasn't had a pre season and getting some minutes in during the first few games will get his match fitness up to speed quicker than if he had to keep playing reserve games which aren't scheduled yet?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

I guess TM has his favourites, we all do whether it be friends or people we know can do good work for us...there must be something that he don't like in Tudgay but if thats so why sign him again? very very strange..even stranger than the last time I wrote

sw88

Chief Commentator!
One mistake TM made yesterday was putting Reid as the most forward player when he came on. Surely he's here to run at players like he did to us last season?

I'd also have used Tudgay over K Thomas.

Too early to slate him but when your chasing a game it isn't a time to try new things. Should have stuck with Tudgay whose atleast played with some of the players competitively before, then use K Thomas on Tuesday to give him a run out

steve82

One mistake TM made yesterday was putting Reid as the most forward player when he came on. Surely he's here to run at players like he did to us last season?

I'd also have used Tudgay over K Thomas.

Too early to slate him but when your chasing a game it isn't a time to try new things. Should have stuck with Tudgay whose atleast played with some of the players competitively before, then use K Thomas on Tuesday to give him a run out

Same thoughts, Reid is more beneficial cutting in from out wide not centrally. Tudgay is for me better at holding and playing in someone tho knows where the net is too.

ccfcway

accepted :)

Mowbray didn't have to re-sign him, so for people to say he has been snubbed for his "favourites" isn't right at all

Sick Boy

How much do people reckon Tudgay is on? Considering that TM appears to be reluctant to play him, could his wages not have been better spent?

Grendel

It is incredible how Tudgay's status has been elevated on here purely as we don't have to endure him for 90 minutes. He is mediocre at best

Sky Blue Harry H

It is incredible how Tudgay's status has been elevated on here purely as we don't have to endure him for 90 minutes. He is mediocre at best

Like I said Grendel, any player can be a potential world beater, as long as they don't cross the white line - at which point, they usually disappoint.

Nick

Administrator
But a better option from the bench then somebody injured all through pre season with no game time. That might be different come Christmas with Thomas up to speed.

Users who are viewing this thread