Mowbray went to watch Pennington (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Mogga went to watch Pennington in action for the Everton U21s last night.

Would welcome him back for sure!

matesx

all the way to Rhyl

wouldnt do that if he didnt think he had a chance of getting him?

chiefdave

He would be a welcome addition for sure. Can't see him making the trip if there's no chance of getting him, unless he was looking at someone else.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't somebody mention another Everton youngster too the other day? Were they playing?

H

Huckerby

would definitely be a welcome addition.

Could do with a striker though lol

mrtrench

It's difficult to believe he'd go all that way to see a player he knows. How did Rhyl's number 9 play?

pusbccfc

Would be a big signing on loan. At centre back he looked very good.

Ashdown

One of our better players last season...........but still part of the crop that had us struggling overall. I'd have him back but I'd like to see our manager looking way beyond last years failures please.

lifeskyblue

Based on last year I would say well worth having him again. However I don't think his position is where we really need more personnel. Striker is a priority now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chipfat

Everton@Everton 18h18 hours ago
Everton U21s (to face @rhylfc): Hewelt, Jones, Pennington, Connolly, Robinson, Ledson, Williams, Grant, Evans, Dowell, Henen. #EFCU21

Chris Long didn't play. Wouldn't mind us getting Conor McAleny after seeing him play against Swindon in pre-season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGJdEvSvXBY

Ryan Ledson is the name they are expecting big things of but not sure TM would want him bit too young to effect 1st team

Skyblueweeman

Glad that he's still trying for Pennington but I hope that we start bringing in some more attack minded players. Showed up so badly on Tuesday night.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Would love to have him back, but could only see him getting a game if Ricketts was to move to RB?

Don't rate Willis at RB, and assume Stokes will get the LB slot, and I wouldn't want us to bring Pennington here to be RB (we seen last season how good a CB he was and would be a waste of his talent)

KersleyDigs

This would be a very solid back four at this level:

Willis----Rickets---Pennington---Johnson

Reserves: Phillips, Martin, Harries, Stokes

Loan out: Haynes

fernandopartridge

This would be a very solid back four at this level:

Willis----Rickets---Pennington---Johnson

Reserves: Phillips, Martin, Harries, Stokes

Loan out: Haynes

I disagree, in having those pair as left backs the team lacks width and outlets.

I don't understand why Mowbray is continuing to pursue Pennington now if I'm honest. I actually hope he was up there watching somebody else.

Chipfat

Ryan Ledson is the kid they are keen on up there,, very highly thought of, but cant see him changing what we already have in Maddison.. As for Pennignton i think they would want him to step to championship level to see the developement, as next year should be pushing reaaly hard for 1st team at Everton..

An option might be David Henen,, plays wide or upfront,, TM seems to have an connections with Joe Royle so something may come off withthat club..[h=1][/h]

Last edited:

torchomatic

ccfcmustang

If we signed Pennington for the season this would be my preferred back line

Stokes.......Johnson.....Pennington......Ricketts

Juggernaut

Don't need Pennington. Would stifle the progress of Willis and Phillips who aren't much worse themselves. Pointless signing.

kg82

Yeah Mowbray, you don't have a bloody clue if this happens. How many years in the game?! And you're still not as in the know as all our fans. Buck your ideas up lad

stupot07

I disagree, in having those pair as left backs the team lacks width and outlets.

I don't understand why Mowbray is continuing to pursue Pennington now if I'm honest. I actually hope he was up there watching somebody else.

Agreed. Unless he's very worried about Johnson's fitness and ability to play week in week out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread