Mowbray, RCC and Defending (1 Viewer)

PVA

It wasn't, some people just have the knives out for Cook

I am one of those people, because I just don't think he's good enough.

Watch the goal again, he just throws an arm at it and the ball goes straight through him. It should have been a fairly straightforward save.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Watch the goal again, he just throws an arm at it and the ball goes straight through him. It should have been a fairly straightforward save.

lol, the header went straight into the bottom corner

Where were you after the Port Vale match when he put in one of the best Coventry goalkeeping performances in recent times? Or after he broke the clean sheet record when he first came into the team?

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Yet you were defending Burge at every oportunity earlier in the season?

PVA

lol, the header went straight into the bottom corner

Where were you after the Port Vale match when he put in one of the best Coventry goalkeeping performances in recent times? Or after he broke the clean sheet record when he first came into the team?

Yes the ball ended up in the bottom corner, but the direction it came from means that as it passed RCC it would have been nowhere near the bottom corner and would have been fairly central.

Look at these pictures. In the first two the ball is level with RCC. As you can see it's nowhere near the corner of the goal at this point. In the second pic it's not very clear but he basically has his hand on the ball but misses it. In the third pic the ball is fractionally past him yet its right next to him, nowhere near the corner.

Hs9OmqU.png

ahBCFNh.png

hwdmnoS.png

As I said, he has put in some great performances and has won us some points. But I think he has cost us at least 10 points with mistakes and I don't think he's won us more than that.

Do I think he's better than Burge? Yes. High praise indeed.

Attachments

• rcc1.jpg
    rcc1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 9
  • rcc2.jpg
    rcc2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 11
  • rcc3.jpg
    rcc3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

PVA

Yet you were defending Burge at every oportunity earlier in the season?

I was just saying that people were so quick to criticise Burge (despite him not costing us a single goal) and happy to defend RCC when he makes a mistake.

I think RCC is the better keeper, but he has cost us points this season no doubt about it, and Burge was unfairly criticised for not doing a lot wrong.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Burge didn't do lot right though, almost every shot at him ended in a goal. Not directly his fault but his % of shots saved must have been one of the lowest for a Coventry keeper for a long time

lifeskyblue

Strange isn't it burge criticised as being shaky but didn't cost a goal. RCC criticised for being cocky and has cost us a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not saying RCC is the finished article by any accounts, but over the season he has shown potential to be a very good keeper in at very least league 1 level. He needs to be more consistent for sure, consistency is a massive trait in a goalkeeper so he needs to improve that for sure if he wants to go past league 1 level.

Users who are viewing this thread