Mowbray post match (1 Viewer)

mechaishida

Didn't hear it. Is that what he said?

Surely if Maddison goes he's coming back, so I don't think it's him is it?

Might be Maddison and Fleck. Those are the only two I can, realistically, see leaving.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The promotion race may well be wide open, but something now really needs to change in order for us to have any chance at all of a top 6 finish.

4 games - 2 goals scored.

4 games - 8 goals conceded.

Today we were cut through like butter and teams at the moment DO seem to be able to implement a game plan that stops us. At times today we made Scunthorpe look like Barcelona.

The form of Murphy is very, very worrying.

The slowness of the back four is also of great concern.

I know we won't get them, but I would like to see the following come in:

A new left back, who is also a threat going forwards. Stokes is better suited to centre back and is not as strong when he has the ball going forwards.

A new CB. Commanding, strong and with a bit of pace.

A winger, or wide player, who will get to the bye line and get the ball into the box with quality.

A target man. I really think it is time to look at playing two strikers, certainly in come situations. Armstrong quite often gets marked out of games.

I think we need at least 4 players, but I think we all agree it will only be 2.

We are on a bit of a downward spiral now and I think that only fresh faces can halt this slide!
We don't need a LB imo, very happy with Stokes there and I don't think he is a CB.

In this order of priority
-A big CB who can dominate in the air
-A winger with a bit of pace who can ask questions of the full back when Murphy is having an off day
-A experienced first choice keeper

A back up striker would then be fourth on my choice but then I also sort of want to see G Thomas be given a few sub appearances ahead of Fortune and Tudgay

SkyBlue_Bear83

Didn't hear it. Is that what he said?

Surely if Maddison goes he's coming back, so I don't think it's him is it?
He didn't really say anyone was going, he just sort of said it wouldn't be his decision to make which he's been saying for weeks really.

johnwillomagic

Where was Tudguy today....would like to see him play in a two up top with Armstong......I would actually change formation now!
Reverting to 4-4-2 next game and shaking things up as much as possible.

Burge GK
Lorentzon RB
Ricketts CB
Martin CB
Stokes LB
Cole LM
Fleck DCM
Maddison ACM
Murphy RM
Armstrong CF
Tudguy CF

Of course assuming some players fit and no new signings

stupot07

Where was Tudguy today....would like to see him play in a two up top with Armstong......I would actually change formation now!
Reverting to 4-4-2 next game and shaking things up as much as possible.

Burge GK
Lorentzon RB
Ricketts CB
Martin CB
Stokes LB
Cole LM
Fleck DCM
Maddison ACM
Murphy RM
Armstrong CF
Tudguy CF

Of course assuming some players fit and no new signings

Injured. He went off at half time last weekend with a bad back. Also Martin won't be fit for next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Injured. He went off at half time last weekend with a bad back. Also Martin won't be fit for next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Yup. Two weeks I think.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mowbray said Tudgay had been training in the days leading up to the match, so not sure he was still injured. Also wouldn't be surprised if Martin is thrown straight back in should he come through next weeks training unscathed.

johnwillomagic

I know Tudguy was really badly clattered from Southend centre back last week who got away with it think they
saw Tudguy as only threat first half so they took him out....they were right! Also given our defence last few weeks unless we get someone in think if he copes in training he will be tossed straight back in we badly miss him!

georgehudson

Tudgay was clattered badly last week, no justice from the officials, they would much rather issue a card if a player scoring takes his shirt off,
so, today, it continued with JM getting kicked all over the park,
TM has wised up to the fact that if he dares to criticise the officials he'll get a hefty fine,
it's about time the FA got their fucking house in order & started appointing & instructing officials to get real,
GET LININGTON STRUCK OFF

Users who are viewing this thread