Mowbray post match (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

We all said 'he picked a strong team'. But they were strong on paper not on grass.

Gazolba

Football is a simple game. You win matches by scoring more than the opposition. That means scoring goals whilst stopping your opponents from scoring. Unfortunately, we are unable to do either.

Hobo

Have you lot ever stopped to think that your slagging off of individuals for mistakes or average debutes, or after two appearances; that it might impact on the team's confidence and performance?

stupot07

Have you lot ever stopped to think that your slagging off of individuals for mistakes or average debutes, or after two appearances; that it might impact on the team's confidence and performance?

Come on hobo. A few people moaning on a forum does not cause player or the team to play poorly. It is not the fans fault we lost against Burton, Southend and Scunthorpe.

In fact I heard no moaning or groaning or slagging off players during the match around by me in block 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Come on hobo. A few people moaning on a forum does not cause player or the team to play poorly. It is not the fans fault we lost against Burton, Southend and Scunthorpe.

In fact I heard no moaning or groaning or slagging off players during the match around by me in block 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Nope. I was in Block 20 and heard very little moaning at all.

Otis

Apart for the ref, I tried my best!
Oh yeah. For the ref most definitely! I am usually one to not get out of my seat at all, but I was today and I nearly lost my voice. How not one single Scunthorpe player got booked in that first half I'll never, ever know!

I really hope a panel look at the ref's performance today and send him down to a much, much lower level. He was desperately poor. I was speechless in the end.

Hobo

I think some players have been jumped on too quickly. The whole team has lost form and confidence. Posters are still trying to single out individuals. It is time to stand by the team in a difficult period. The people doing the OTT criticism are the ones who said the top two had gone away from us. Yet Burton and Gillingham lost again today. If we hand won we would have been 3 points behind Gillingham. The promotion race is still wide open. It is time to grow a pair and support the manager and squad in a difficult period in a great season.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Oh yeah. For the ref most definitely! I am usually one to not get out of my seat at all, but I was today and I nearly lost my voice. How not one single Scunthorpe player got booked in that first half I'll never, ever know!

I really hope a panel look at the ref's performance today and send him down to a much, much lower level. He was desperately poor. I was speechless in the end.

Doubt they care to be honest. Anyone that wasn't there today won't understand the inconsistency and the fact he allowed Scunthorpe to run the game (fair play to them we are STILL so so naive to this).

It'll all blow over like the farce of Sheff U and that was on TV.

skybluesam66

most people missed the telling bit at the end of the interview - said 1 or 2 may come in, and thats out of his hands. But he also said the Outs are out of his hands aswell

is he talking about maddison?

Otis

I think some players have been jumped on too quickly. The whole team has lost form and confidence. Posters are still trying to single out individuals. It is time to stand by the team in a difficult period. The people doing the OTT criticism are the ones who said the top two had gone away from us. Yet Burton and Gillingham lost again today. If we hand won we would have been 3 points behind Gillingham. The promotion race is still wide open. It is time to grow a pair and support the manager and squad in a difficult period in a great season.
The promotion race may well be wide open, but something now really needs to change in order for us to have any chance at all of a top 6 finish.

4 games - 2 goals scored.

4 games - 8 goals conceded.

Today we were cut through like butter and teams at the moment DO seem to be able to implement a game plan that stops us. At times today we made Scunthorpe look like Barcelona.

The form of Murphy is very, very worrying.

The slowness of the back four is also of great concern.

I know we won't get them, but I would like to see the following come in:

A new left back, who is also a threat going forwards. Stokes is better suited to centre back and is not as strong when he has the ball going forwards.

A new CB. Commanding, strong and with a bit of pace.

A winger, or wide player, who will get to the bye line and get the ball into the box with quality.

A target man. I really think it is time to look at playing two strikers, certainly in come situations. Armstrong quite often gets marked out of games.

I think we need at least 4 players, but I think we all agree it will only be 2.

We are on a bit of a downward spiral now and I think that only fresh faces can halt this slide!

Grendel

The promotion race may well be wide open, but something now really needs to change in order for us to have any chance at all of a top 6 finish.

4 games - 2 goals scored.

4 games - 8 goals conceded.

Today we were cut through like butter and teams at the moment DO seem to be able to implement a game plan that stops us. At times today we made Scunthorpe look like Barcelona.

The form of Murphy is very, very worrying.

The slowness of the back four is also of great concern.

I know we won't get them, but I would like to see the following come in:

A new left back, who is also a threat going forwards. Stokes is better suited to centre back and is not as strong when he has the ball going forwards.

A new CB. Commanding, strong and with a bit of pace.

A winger, or wide player, who will get to the bye line and get the ball into the box with quality.

A target man. I really think it is time to look at playing two strikers, certainly in come situations. Armstrong quite often gets marked out of games.

I think we need at least 4 players, but I think we all agree it will only be 2.

We are on a bit of a downward spiral now and I think that only fresh faces can halt this slide!

Mowbray has bought in lots if fresh (or not so fresh faces)

Otis

most people missed the telling bit at the end of the interview - said 1 or 2 may come in, and thats out of his hands. But he also said the Outs are out of his hands aswell

is he talking about maddison?
Didn't hear it. Is that what he said?

Surely if Maddison goes he's coming back, so I don't think it's him is it?

Users who are viewing this thread