Mowbray has gone (4 Viewers)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
My boy got quite emotional when I told him this morning that Mowbray has probably quit. He met TM at the JSB xmas party last year and couldn't have been more impressed. Harsh lesson for him but just being a nice guy isn't enough and you can't argue with the downward spiral since Xmas. Best of luck fella.

Ps £30k on a holiday?! No wonder Venus does all the finances...

oucho

Aidan McCartney of the CT statign in Twitter that TM has resigned and this will be on the offal soon.

Nick

Administrator
That's my point exactly. I can see that. But according to some it's people who haven't been at the club for 9 years who are to blame for our downfall. Presumably if SISU had have done a Leicester they'd be congratulating those that went before SISU for doing their bit in gaining us that success? I doubt it. I'll tell you something though. If they had have done a Leicester with us I'd only be praising them same as I'm only blaming them now. That's the difference.

Nobody is saying people from before are 100% to blame are they? Just that they have to take some of the blame...

Mcbean

League two or bust here we come - SISU will not invest in a new manager - why would they give themselves a liability for shutdown - this was the enxt step - Tony goes without a contract payout - maywell have a non league manager - the bigger players will say bye the minute wage payment comes into question - Brink of the abyss or maybe a shining night of yellow and black

Nick

Administrator
My boy got quite emotional when I told him this morning that Mowbray has probably quit. He met TM at the JSB xmas party last year and couldn't have been more impressed. Harsh lesson for him but just being a nice guy isn't enough and you can't argue with the downward spiral since Xmas. Best of luck fella.

Ps £30k on a holiday?! No wonder Venus does all the finances...

Didn't even get the holiday.

weecohawena

Everything is about results. Let's not kid ourselves. If we were in the prem now no-one gives a fuck about SISU. They have been an utter failure.

skybluetony176

Nobody is saying people from before are 100% to blame are they? Just that they have to take some of the blame...

Why bring them up in the first place? We'll leave the club in a better place than where we found it. Have they? No. How is that anyone's fault other than their own?

ceetee

The new guy will probably get some improvement because that often happens when there's a change of manager. The fact is though that as a consequence of SISU's shambolic management of the club over many years, we can now only attract poor quality managers.

Tragically the long term decline of this club can only continue under these owners and that is because they have never had a credible vision of how to make the club a success.
Yes their mangement has been shambolic but in reality they are no worse now than when Mowbray was appointed. The financial situation may be worse but their attiude and policies haven't changed

weecohawena

The previous owners have to take blame. SISU were naive for bailing the previous owners out. Selling Highfield was the worst thing to ever happen to the club. At least McGinnity made a few bob though.

oucho

CT now reporting he has resigned.

Anyone remember the last time we had a manager resign, rather than be sacked (or go elsewhere in the case of Robins)?? Gary McAllister?

Sky Blue Kid

Why??? Thought we were [Quote Ray Ranson] "Only one of three or four football clubs that are now debt free"Unquote] New slate wiped clean as the saying goes.

Woodster

Confirming his resignation, Mowbray said: “I spoke to Mark Venus after the game and spoke to Joy Seppala this morning.

“I’m back home in Middlesbrough, took the kids to school this morning

.“I came to get this club out of this league and it looks like that’s not possible.

"We haven’t, ultimately, got the ingredients to do what I came to do so I think someone else needs to have a go at it.

“That’s it really.”

oucho

Ladies and gentlemen, we are in the doo doo.

ajsccfc

While it'd be nice for Mowbray to tell us exactly how shit it all is, the way he carries himself makes me suspect he'd consider it undignified to rake up the muck.

D

Deleted member 2477

"Ingredients" better known as no financial commitment and false promises by Sisu

oucho

Full story on CT website, reported by Les, yet nothing on the offal. These guys don't know what they're doing.

Woodster

I'm gutted that it hasn't worked out for him and wanted him to stick it out a little longer, but who can blame the guy?

I don't see him speaking out against the club, doesn't seem the type so I guess we won't know the full reasons behind his reasoning. Not sure it's been widely thought of but I'm sure his family being up in Middlesbrough has played a part, he was only ever renting on his own down here, it was never home for him.

I've no idea where we go from here and who comes next, nobody out there fills me with much hope of changing our fortunes. The club is rotten from the top down and the mentality right the way through of 'just trying to stay afloat' needs to change, starting with the owners leaving. We need to restore some pride in the club.

Captain Dart

Just been confirmed in the last few minutes, thanks for your service mowbray. I will remember you as one of the better managers in my last 13 years supporting the team.

One of the more honourable men to manage the club. Can't say the same for the current owners or for the last few for that matter.

Captain Dart

Full story on CT website, reported by Les, yet nothing on the offal. These guys don't know what they're doing.
They're hoping someone answers their ad for a web content editor.

Users who are viewing this thread