Mowbray cwr (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

The guy is just too soft. The players need to take responsibility as well. He should have been in that changing room blasting their recent performances.

skybluegod

It's funny, because everybody loved his radio interviews earlier in the season when he was being honest, but when he's still being honest now people are complaining? There isn't a lack of commitment from the players, there is a lack of quality, our best players are either out of form, injured, or on international duty.

skybluegod

It's a weirdly desperate comment.

A penalty kick is all about placement.

Depends on the player, Charlie Austin for example, just smacks the fucker. Think at this level TM is right, just head over the ball and smack it.

stupot07

It's a weirdly desperate comment.

A penalty kick is all about placement.
The thing is, all professional keepers will dive, so the best place to out it is half way up straight down the middle as hard as you can smash it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

The thing is, all professional keepers will dive, so the best place to out it is half way up straight down the middle as hard as you can smash it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yes agree, but if the opposition know you are going to smash every penalty it allows the keeper to second guess.

Most penalty takers vary their style occasionally (changing corners, hitting the ball low or high).

Otis

It's funny, because everybody loved his radio interviews earlier in the season when he was being honest, but when he's still being honest now people are complaining? There isn't a lack of commitment from the players, there is a lack of quality, our best players are either out of form, injured, or on international duty.
I do love his interviews, but saying the next player who doesn't smash a penalty will be immediately subbed is very childish and rather unprofessional.

Maybe the pressure is just getting to him.

Nick

Administrator
International duty the last couple of games. He isn't being honest is he? We seem to see different games

joemercersaces

Remember Beckhams penalty against Argentina, the redemption one? He put it about a foot to the side of the keeper but hit it so hard I don't think the keeper even saw it let alone had the time to react. Keepers must love it when the taker strokes it because unless it's right inside the post they have a chance

skybluegod

I do love his interviews, but saying the next player who doesn't smash a penalty will be immediately subbed is very childish and rather unprofessional.

Maybe the pressure is just getting to him.

Tbf to him, it must be the most frustrating thing, he told them before to do it and they didn't listen, if he has to punish players by dropping them for not listening to it surely that is okay?

skybluegod

International duty the last couple of games. He isn't being honest is he? We seem to see different games
Y
Yes international duty the last couple of games, but it no doubt leaves the player tired afterwards as well? Yes he is being honest what isn't honest about what he has said? He never says that we have played well? He has accepted the blame, he has stated it isn't good enough, and he is just looking to the next game? What isn't honest about that?

Nick

Administrator
Y
Yes international duty the last couple of games, but it no doubt leaves the player tired afterwards as well? Yes he is being honest what isn't honest about what he has said? He never says that we have played well? He has accepted the blame, he has stated it isn't good enough, and he is just looking to the next game? What isn't honest about that?

The next game where he will play the same system, the same lineup and no doubt get found out again.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I’ve never understood why first Pressley and now Mowbray don’t seem to have a set spot kick taker. It took 3 penalties before Mowbray said Armstrong should be taking them, and Pressley’s edict of ‘whoever fancies it can have it’ was shambolic.

There should be clear instruction on who takes them, and if they aren’t on the pitch then the next player on the list, etc etc.

NorthernWisdom

The next game where he will play the same system, the same lineup and no doubt get found out again.

Question.

If it's as simple as just countering his one and only system, and he's incapable of coming up with any others... how inept were the opposition managers to not bother to counter it in the first half of the season?!?

Otis

Question.

If it's as simple as just countering his one and only system, and he's incapable of coming up with any others... how inept were the opposition managers to not bother to counter it in the first half of the season?!?
As I said on another thread, the likes of Armstrong was an unknown entity. I think at first we caught a few teams on the hop.

Those first 3 games we were great. I think it took a little while, but teams saw that we consistently played the same way week in week out and set out to nullify us.

Very clearly apparent that at first we were playing it from the back and teams were alllowing us to do so and waited to try and close us down further up the pitch.

Suddenly teams started pressing us much higher up and were almost pinning us back around our own penalty area, forcing us to hurry. Fleck more often than not was targeted in particular.

Interesting to note that pretty much all sides (here at the Ricoh) used this same tactic.

First time I noticed a team not doing that was the first half against Gillingham and of course we went on to score 4 goals.

They sat back and let Fleck pull the strings and we had time on the ball.

When we have had time on the ball is when we have been most dangerous (lately though we have looked clueless).

Teams did counter our tactics. To be honest, it shouldn't have taken as long as it did.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

higgs

He should have had a word with maf I'm sure I read in d past where he thinks a centre forward should be taking the spot kicks

Users who are viewing this thread