Mowbray confirmed via club twitter (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Massive appointment and it's good to see some positivity for a change. I'd be happy enough with a top half finish next season to lay the foundations for Champions the season after.

It's got to happen at some point, hasn't it?

LJC_CCFC

Oh the dark dark days of Steven Pressley seems so many moons ago

8c70699f51608b329ac31d64cf64b78c.jpg

"I thought the effort and attitude of Steve Waggot and the board in making this appointment was superb"

covmark

Massive appointment and it's good to see some positivity for a change. I'd be happy enough with a top half finish next season to lay the foundations for Champions the season after.

Fuck that, I'm with Astute. Cheeky bet on us as champions.

cornoccfc

What would constitute a good season for him this year? Would people be happy with mid table? Or do we think top 6 is minimum requirement in this division?

Solid 25/30 points by xmas, heading for 50 before April will do.

Top half of table being realistic.

Great_Expectations

Great news.

Not just because we have signed a manager who, on paper, is a higher calibre than this league, but because of the connotations surrounding the deal. TM agreeing a deal means he has got at least the majority of things he asked for, which we know includes a scouting network and an overall improvement of club infrastructure.

It is also safe to assume he has been promised funds to improve the squad, be it wages or transfer funds. Regardless of which, with TM's contacts in the game and the reputation he has, I am sure he can assemble a much stronger squad than SP/SW did last summer. You would also expect he has negotiated to ensure he has final say on all incoming players.

Continuing the positive theme, it now also looks a blessing in disguise having so many players out of contract in the summer. TM does not have to worry about trying to offload, he has a clean slate to start with.

Sky blue tinted glasses sure, but I have a genuine sense of optimism for next season.

Astute

Fuck that, I'm with Astute. Cheeky bet on us as champions.

Gone on the 1st place and also a fair bit e/w. Well think we can be top 3 at least. It is a poor division. And if Bristol City can go from near the bottom to champions why can't we? We have football people in charge at last. It isn;t just a decent manager. It is a team he is bringing with him. We can do it.

Astute

TM was doing better than that with players that SP couldn't even get to have a shot on target in some games. So why would he do worse with players that are his choice?

covmark

Gone on the 1st place and also a fair bit e/w. Well think we can be top 3 at least. It is a poor division. And if Bristol City can go from near the bottom to champions why can't we? We have football people in charge at last. It isn;t just a decent manager. It is a team he is bringing with him. We can do it.
e/w would cover us for 1st 2nd and 3rd right?

theferret

It's a measure of how low our expectations have become that we greet the appointment of a manger operating well below his level with predictions of a top half finish (in the 3rd division).

We've just witnessed an awful awful season. We were terrible, and yet just 5 more wins over 46 games and we'd have been in the play offs. We have to be aiming for top 6 surely?

Astute

e/w would cover us for 1st 2nd and 3rd right?

Yes. And there isn't 3 better managers in this division. I am expecting the odds to tumble as the news comes out and the money goes on.

Surprised that the odds are still the same with the amount I have put on :D

covmark

Yes. And there isn't 3 better managers in this division. I am expecting the odds to tumble as the news comes out and the money goes on.

Surprised that the odds are still the same with the amount I have put on :D
Cool, I'm with skybet. Going to get on that before they change it.

Astute

I'd love to see the thread from when Pressley signed his extension, I bet it was full of comments as positive as this one.

Check my posts. I wanted him sacked before then. And I wasn't alone. But I do understand those that wanted consistency. They just chose the wrong manager to support. But it is all in the past now. At least we stayed up. We need to look forward and enjoy next season. I was born the year after we got promoted. I want to know what it is like to be in the top 6 for more than a few days.

Paxman II

Was it ever in doubt?

I'm sticking money on promotion next season first time of asking and I'm not usually a betting man.

Now will all the fans please come out and give it their full support. Forget NOPM and start helping this club get back where it belongs. If we help to do that then the present owners will leave but they like us need some upturn to achieve their goal.

Astute

Was it ever in doubt?

I'm sticking money on promotion next season first time of asking and I'm not usually a betting man.

Now will all the fans please come out and give it their full support. Forget NOPM and start helping this club get back where it belongs. If we help to do that then the present owners will leave but they like us need some upturn to achieve their goal.

Of course it was in doubt. This is a massive move for SISU. A contract for 3 people, not just a manager. Control of our club handed to one of them. TM trusting SISU to keep to their word. And that is just for starters.

cornoccfc

It's a measure of how low our expectations have become that we greet the appointment of a manger operating well below his level with predictions of a top half finish (in the 3rd division).

We've just witnessed an awful awful season. We were terrible, and yet just 5 more wins over 46 games and we'd have been in the play offs. We have to be aiming for top 6 surely?

Just think it will take more than 1 summer to get the squad right for the league.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Johnnythespider

It's a first ever season ticket for me, looking forward to the start of the season already. Hope we get a home game to start and put this Ricoh hoodoo to bed straight off. Will be having a bet myself.

The Gentleman

Good news, just seen it on the news. Especially as it should give him time to put the changes he wanted into place well before the season starts and give a a fighting chance of doing well.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I hate Sisu ,I'd ordered new whistles,Sisu and Hockaday out banners informed my adoring media where I was going to be had my autograph printed and everything. Then the bastards do this;)

Astute

Good news, just seen it on the news. Especially as it should give him time to put the changes he wanted into place well before the season starts and give a a fighting chance of doing well.

How can you call yourself a CCFC supporter if you don't come on here to get the latest updates on TM?

I can't believe it myself. Can't walk properly. Can just about talk properly...or at least I think I can. But I can still manage to type about 4 words a munute. What a fookin hero I am.

Irish Sky Blue

It took JH 2 years to get us out of this division in the 60s. If TM does the same I'd be happy. Happier still if he did it in one mind!

Astute

It took JH 2 years to get us out of this division in the 60s. If TM does the same I'd be happy. Happier still if he did it in one mind!

Last season was year 1. This will be year two. The start of a new era.

Hobo

Oh what a wonderful feeling, finished work drinking a beer and TM is in place. It is going to be a busy summer with all the re structuring and finding the required personnel.

now nothing guarantees you success, but the appointment of TM is a big step in the right direction.

I just hope fans are not over expectant and don't start coming over all promotion freaks. He will need at least three transfer windows in my opinion to develop a strong team.

good luck TM

Users who are viewing this thread