Most Shocked About A Result (4 Viewers)

Irish Sky Blue

As many have previously stated - 'Not many defeats shock or surprise us'. But Sutton has to register shock even amongst those who were not even born at the time. I viewed it as such a foregone conclusion, I wasn't even bothered about getting a ticket and on the day me and a mate travelled over to Brum for a few beers and went to watch WBA v Everton (we never got in.)
I witnessed the December 1992 demolition of both Liverpool and Villa. I was at Ewood Park for the 1993 midweek 5-2. I saw us win twice at Villa Park but the result that left me genuinely in a state of disbelief was our 2-1 victory at Anfield in April 1997. Liverpool were closing in on the title, we were fighting a seemingly hopeless relegation battle.
Liverpool absolutely battered us from pillar to post - Only Oggy's brilliance and some wasteful finishing from Liverpool kept the game goalless until Robbie Fowler scored early in the second half. 'Floodgates', we all thought. The onslaught continued (at probably a lesser pace) until we somehow kind of got two corners from which we some how kind of scored from both.
And then the final whistle went.
In summary, from a CCFC perspective, I would do it thus: Arrived at Anfield, got off coach, spent 90 minutes being utterly pummeled. Got two corners, scored from both, got back on coach.
With generous helping hands from David James!

skyblue1991

Shocked in a good way for me was when we beat Blackburn 4-1 in the FA Cup. They were top half of the table and were pushing for a European spot the past couple of seasons.

Shocked in a bad way has to be when we lost 3-0 to Crewe in the JPT as some have already mentioned.

Also when we lost 5-1 at Sixfields against Tranmere. We were on good form, scoring goals for fun and then this happens.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Fergusons_Beard

When we got spanked 6-2 by Yeovil at home in the league 2 season after a decent run, I genuinely thought our promotion hopes had gone. Totally out of the blue but i think in hindsight it made our reserve stronger and helped us get promoted.

That was the game that Hyam got ripped a new one.

How he has improved since then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread