Most irritating things during the pandemic (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anyway, I'm a member of a Facebook group for the small estate I used to live on. My former neighbour just put on a video of tonight's NHS clap. Some c**t blasting out that 'One Last Time' by Ariana Grande (presumably) because it's the anniversary of the Manchester bomb tomorrow.
What the fuck has happened to this country?

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Mega likes. I bet they planned it all week

LastGarrison

Anyway, I'm a member of a Facebook group for the small estate I used to live on. My former neighbour just put on a video of tonight's NHS clap. Some c**t blasting out that 'One Last Time' by Ariana Grande (presumably) because it's the anniversary of the Manchester bomb tomorrow.

Maybe they were just trying subliminal messaging so nobody goes out to clap next week?

shmmeee

Totally forgot last night. Always do it when I have the kids on a Thursday, almost always forget when I don’t.

LastGarrison

We quite like it
We do go out but understand people's comments around it being a Social Media like fest.

However, last night I was walking the dog at 8 around the Morrison's estate and although there wasn't a massive turn out the thing I liked, and will be replicated around the UK, is how many people stayed out afterwards just to have a (socially distanced) catch up with their neighbours and really seemed to bring together a bit of community spirit which was good to see.

Simple solution - if you want to do it (for whatever reasons) do it and if you don't, don't!

OffenhamSkyBlue

I stuck my head above the parapet on our village Facebook group (part of the Spotted family - don't know how common they are) to request that the people who blast music and shouting to the people in their road after the clap (it now goes on for an hour, and can be heard WAYYYYY beyond their street) turn it down a bit or keep it to half an hour. It was a polite request, stating that some may wish to enjoy the tranquility of their garden as the sun goes down. The guy who does it was an absolute gent, and said "will do - don't want to offend anyone" (and we didn't hear it at all last night). The rest of the mongs who live in his road gave me a right trolling!

LastGarrison

Hmmm. Depending on where you live, you'll possibly have a liking for huskies, an ancient labrador cross, or a cocker spaniel...!
Ha ha I'm slowly becoming part of the dog walking "clique" around Binley and Wyken and see my fellow dog walkers more than most of my friends family and but none of the above I am afraid.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I stuck my head above the parapet on our village Facebook group (part of the Spotted family - don't know how common they are) to request that the people who blast music and shouting to the people in their road after the clap (it now goes on for an hour, and can be heard WAYYYYY beyond their street) turn it down a bit or keep it to half an hour. It was a polite request, stating that some may wish to enjoy the tranquility of their garden as the sun goes down. The guy who does it was an absolute gent, and said "will do - don't want to offend anyone" (and we didn't hear it at all last night). The rest of the mongs who live in his road gave me a right trolling!
Further to this, i have now been blocked by the Facebook group, showing what a bunch of small minded bigots i share my village with. Oh, and the Admins hide behind the front page so i cannot contact them to ask for their reasoning.
Cunts!

wingy

Further to this, i have now been blocked by the Facebook group, showing what a bunch of small minded bigots i share my village with. Oh, and the Admins hide behind the front page so i cannot contact them to ask for their reasoning.
Cunts!
Reject, leper, pariah,personna non grata .

Nick

Administrator
New cyclists. Absolutely no road sense and can't really ride a bike, veering left and right and not looking.

Ones with headphones even more so.

SBAndy

New cyclists. Absolutely no road sense and can't really ride a bike, veering left and right and not looking.

Ones with headphones even more so.

Remember on Dragons Den a few years back someone had designed cycling headphones that don’t fully enter your ear so you can hear the traffic. Always thought about investing in a pair. Then remembered I go cycling maybe once or twice a year.

ajsccfc

I bought a bike years ago under a work scheme that gets them before tax or something, telling myself this was how I'd commute every few days. Rode to work and back one day, avoided death about five times in that day and sold the bike without ever using it again. People who cycle regularly on the roads are brave and foolish in equal measure

shmmeee

I bought a bike years ago under a work scheme that gets them before tax or something, telling myself this was how I'd commute every few days. Rode to work and back one day, avoided death about five times in that day and sold the bike without ever using it again. People who cycle regularly on the roads are brave and foolish in equal measure

The missus is Dutch and in her words “lived on bikes” growing up.

She says she’d never ride on British roads and thinks anyone who does is mental.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'll tell you what makes my blood boil.
Cremations.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Joggers coming towards you and crossing over the road like you were some fucking blood thirsty zombie! Geez! How much social distancing do they need? And it's not always joggers. Most people who are just walking towards you are the same. Prats!

OffenhamSkyBlue

Joggers coming towards you and crossing over the road like you were some fucking blood thirsty zombie! Geez! How much social distancing do they need? And it's not always joggers. Most people who are just walking towards you are the same. Prats!
Thereby stepping into oncoming traffic. The number of times i had to swerve before i hit 'em!
It's what you call a dynamic risk assessment - do i want to face the extremely small likelihood of something that will most probably not cause me too much damage, OR face almost certain severe injury by getting run over!
Fuxache ...

NorthernWisdom

Thereby stepping into oncoming traffic. The number of times i had to swerve before i hit 'em!
It's what you call a dynamic risk assessment - do i want to face the extremely small likelihood of something that will most probably not cause me too much damage, OR face almost certain severe injury by getting run over!
Fuxache ...
It works the other way too, had people walking/running right at me. If the road's empty, why not cross? Who does that hurt? What it does do is minimise any possibility of hilarious misunderstandings, and it's hardly a chore or a deep offence.

Tommo1993

Equally funny but irritating. Since start of lockdown and the roads being very quiet (not so much anymore), the dramatic increase in speeding. Simpletons assuming all police efforts are going towards clobbering people ‘flouting the rules’. However there’s still plenty of speed traps hovering about, very cleverly placed as per, and people see it and shit themselves. Test the brakes. Too late, they’ve already busted you!

Tommo1993

...also. The one way system in most shops. We do stick to it but I can’t be convinced it helps anything. It won’t keep people 2m apart. Even in normal circumstances if an aisle was too full you wouldn’t bother with it anyway.

Sbarcher

...also. The one way system in most shops. We do stick to it but I can’t be convinced it helps anything. It won’t keep people 2m apart. Even in normal circumstances if an aisle was too full you wouldn’t bother with it anyway.
Bloody shops, seems likely they will stop me trying on ladies clothing!

chiefdave

Its sad to see the state of the parks and other public places. Had hoped that having seen how positive the impact had been of people not being around people would treat it as a reset and show more respect but its back to normal and people treating everywhere like shit.

How hard is it to clear up after yourself?

Marty

Its sad to see the state of the parks and other public places. Had hoped that having seen how positive the impact had been of people not being around people would treat it as a reset and show more respect but its back to normal and people treating everywhere like shit.

How hard is it to clear up after yourself?

Most people are utter arseholes. Everywhere is back to being a dump again.

shmmeee

I dont get why people are queuing for hours for a KFC or Mcdonald.

Guy at work was boasting this morning he spent an hour getting a Big Mac last night.

TBF Id probably do that for a sausage and egg muffin and a hash brown right now. Just don’t like the main menu.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Guy at work was boasting this morning he spent an hour getting a Big Mac last night.

TBF Id probably do that for a sausage and egg muffin and a hash brown right now. Just don’t like the main menu.
Aren't you a couple of hours too late for one of them??

Users who are viewing this thread