Most inspired signing ever (1 Viewer)

Grendel

On a more positive vein than the worst 11 who was the most inspired signing that really influenced the club.

I'm only asking this as I quoted a name the other day to some friends and they thought I was on the wind up (they don't know me well)

We were discussing not expensive signings but someone who was cheap you'd thought would be rubbish asked why sign him but turned out to totally change the fortunes of the club.

You all think the same as me don't you - Ray Graydon.

Grendel

blend

Most inspired singing has to be screwbo on x factor! (oops read it wrong!)

Most inspired signing for me was Stewart Robson until he got injured changed the way we played, class. Was one of the best players in his prime I've seen play for us and we got him on a free transfer when he was only 26 albeit injury prone.

Ray Graydon just before my time.

Grendel

Truely bizarre we didn't sign him. Transformed the team when he played and actually helped Wegerle look the class act he could be !

We had him on loan from Huddersfield I think and the club seemed convinced he had not fully recovered from a bad injury. He played 100's of games afterwards so it proved a really poor piece of judgement by the club.

Hobo

Steve Ogrizovic had been collecting splinters at Liverpool...but it was Liverpool. Fantastic performer and servant to the club.

For me the two joint winners are TREVOR PEAKE from Lincoln and STUART PEARCE from Wealdstone...both international class.

An absolute pleasure to watch.

A mention also to the crippled Stuart Robson who was spectacular despite the inevitable defeat by injury. Anyone who warms up 15 minutes before the rest deserved more luck....but his performances were exemplary in closing down and distribution....Arsenal, West Ham and England's loss before us!

Grendel

Terry Yorath........was gutted when he left and went to Spurs!!!

Well he was the captain in our most successful season. We will never have a season like that again.

Qwerty70

Cheap but brilliant for us : during my time : Steve Hunt, Gary Gillespie (pure class), Dean Emerson (would have played for England, megson!!), Oggy, Terry Gibson, Stuart Pearce, Roland Nilson and George Boateng. All cheap and great for us.

Grendel

Cheap but brilliant for us : during my time : Steve Hunt, Gary Gillespie (pure class), Dean Emerson (would have played for England, megson!!), Oggy, Terry Gibson, Stuart Pearce, Roland Nilson and George Boateng. All cheap and great for us.

Boating in his first season has a fantastic impact.

Rusty Trombone

Robert Rosario was having a great season, sold to Forest too early in my opinion, and the teams goals certainly dried up after he went.

Wise was a revelation, I had never really appreciated what a good player he was, and I'm always partial to having a dirty player on our side, that can always brighten up a dull game.

Grendel

Robert Rosario was having a great season, sold to Forest too early in my opinion, and the teams goals certainly dried up after he went.

Wise was a revelation, I had never really appreciated what a good player he was, and I'm always partial to having a dirty player on our side, that can always brighten up a dull game.

Rosario? Please.

Qwerty70

Boateng was brilliant. Saw him make his debut in a 1-0 loss at anfield. Best player on pitch by miles.

Users who are viewing this thread