most Important 3 points for a few years not just this season (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

I was at Mansfield -when we had Willis sent off and then conceded that jammy deflected goal.

It Was weird even after that terrible start I had the feeling that we still would get a positive result (and turned to my mate and told him).

I really do feel we have turned the corner mentally and with the cup run out of the way we can really concentrate on the league.

Draw away and win at home and we get promoted-simple as that.

Still feeling very positive about the rest of the season and hopefully we’ll stay clear of any more injuries.

I still think that Robins has to manage a few of our players better-it’s obvious that Doyle is carrying one at the moment. Maybe needs that yellow card ban to get a rest. Think that Bayliss and Kelly can cope without him.

Kelly Coming back to the early season form that we were praising him for-again injury definitely affected him recently.

JCH a wonderful capture and hopefully we can tie him up on a contract.

Just what Biamou needed-someone to take the pressure off and also some backup for injuries.

Pusb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Otis

I was at Mansfield -when we had Willis sent off and then conceded that jammy deflected goal.

It Was weird even after that terrible start I had the feeling that we still would get a positive result (and turned to my mate and told him).

I really do feel we have turned the corner mentally and with the cup run out of the way we can really concentrate on the league.

Draw away and win at home and we get promoted-simple as that.

Still feeling very positive about the rest of the season and hopefully we’ll stay clear of any more injuries.

I still think that Robins has to manage a few of our players better-it’s obvious that Doyle is carrying one at the moment. Maybe needs that yellow card ban to get a rest. Think that Bayliss and Kelly can cope without him.

Kelly Coming back to the early season form that we were praising him for-again injury definitely affected him recently.

JCH a wonderful capture and hopefully we can tie him up on a contract.

Just what Biamou needed-someone to take the pressure off and also some backup for injuries.

Pusb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The key injury to avoid is McNumpty Paperwork.

Captain Dart

Jcap

And that's what I am saying. Wycombe win only two out of five and us win all five just to get on level terms with them.

Massive ask just to reach parity.

We don't have to do it in the next 5 games though do we? The only time we need to be ahead of them is after the end of the last game of the season...

Jcap

Yep. Need to keep winning and hope they drop points.

5 wins in a row for us would equate to 15 points obviously.

Wycombe are 8 points ahead in 3rd. Mansfield 6 points ahead in 4th. Accrington are 11 points clear in 2nd.

So, assume we win 5 in a row and bag 15 points. Wycombe in 3rd in those 5 fixtures would need to only win 2, draw 1 and lose 2 to secure 7 points.

Already 8 clear, us winning 5 in a row and their only winning 2 out of 5 would have us neck and neck on the same points.

I know it isn't just about 5 games in a row, there's 12 games to achieve that turnaround, but just wanted to show how difficult it is.

If there were 15 or 16 games left I would have a lot more faith, but with only 12 left it's a massive, massive ask.

Only 12 - you do realise that's over a quarter of the season still left to play? 12 games plenty enough but for me the biggest issue is we haven't put a run of wins together, say 4 or 5 on the spin. That's what we need to do... can we?

Nick

Administrator
We don't have to do it in the next 5 games though do we? The only time we need to be ahead of them is after the end of the last game of the season...

Well you kind of have to be within reach at the last game.

Nick

Administrator
agreed, but we may still be a point or two behind going to last game, we don't need to be level or ahead necessarily...

It's then relying on them losing though in the last game? While it would be possible, it's not ideal.

Jcap

It's then relying on them losing though in the last game? While it would be possible, it's not ideal.
not ideal, but we've been in worse situations in the past in our Div1/Premier League relegation dogfights...

Gosford Green

This time last week I never for a minute imagined 4 points off 2 teams above us. Reports say we weren`t much of a goal threat in either which is my major concern but the 3 points against Wycombe kept the season alive.

Automatic promotion I think is beyond us but the playoffs isn't, Micheal Doyle keeping fit and free of suspension is vital.

Otis

This time last week I never for a minute imagined 4 points off 2 teams above us. Reports say we weren`t much of a goal threat in either which is my major concern but the 3 points against Wycombe kept the season alive.

Automatic promotion I think is beyond us but the playoffs isn't, Micheal Doyle keeping fit and free of suspension is vital.
Him and McNumpty Paperwork.

Users who are viewing this thread