Most goals by of City player in first team match (1 Viewer)

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

The mention of Cyrille Regis in the Terry Gibson thread set me thinking...

What's the most goals posters have seen a City player score in a first team match?

I'll start the ball rolling, I saw Cyrille knock 5 past the mighty Chester City in a League Cup second round tie at Highfield Road on a chilly Tuesday night in October 1985.

Any other outstanding performances others remember?

AOM

Don't think I've seen many hat-tricks since we've been out of the prem in my lifetime, let alone 4+ :confused:

Only ones that come to mind are Jacob Murphy in that crazy first half against Gillingham and Jodi's vs Notts County!

Johhny Blue

It’s going to be a short lived thread when you start out with a 5.
I remember Geoff Hurst scoring 6 for West Ham against Stoke

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

In the first or second season I started going I saw Steve Livingstone put 4 past Sunderland in one of the cups. Not sure I've seen much in the way of hat-tricks since then

Well remembered! I went to that match too.

Saw Livingstone the next morning illegally parking his blue Ford Capri outside Yorkshire Bank in the High Street.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

It’s going to be a short lived thread when you start out with a 5.
I remember Geoff Hurst scoring 6 for West Ham against Stoke
Doesn't have to be 5 or more than that, just the most goals you've seen one of our players score in a first team game.

I have to grudgingly admit Hurst's 6 is quite impressive (First Division, I guess).

rob9872

Speedie & Ndlovu to add to the list. I imagine Dion too and can remember plenty of braces but I can't recall any hat tricks. Does anyone know if he did?

That tosser Lee Hughes I remember at Crewe getting 3 (barely any more after) out of 6 I think although if memory serves 2 were pens. I also remember Jan Molby scoring 3 against us that were all penalties.

rob9872

And Micky Quinn v Arsenal - how could i forget that one?!

Irish Sky Blue

Dublin scored a hatrick against Sheffield Wednesday in a midweek televised game. We took the lead three times but in typical City fashion managed to lose 4-3.
I think the fastest hat trick I have ssen live was by Nigel Clough as he helped Forest come back from 4-0 down (Kevin Gallagher hat trick). He must have scored his 3 inside 10 minutes just before half time.
I also saw Fergie score 4 at home to Ipswich once. They put Ferguson 4 Ipswich 0 on the score board.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

I think the fastest hat trick I have ssen live was by Nigel Clough as he helped Forest come back from 4-0 down (Kevin Gallagher hat trick). He must have scored his 3 inside 10 minutes just before half time.
I also saw Fergie score 4 at home to Ipswich once. They put Ferguson 4 Ipswich 0 on the score board.

I remember the Fergie 4, now you've reminded me.

Kevin Gallacher, I always think people underrate him.

skybluetony176

Micky Quinn scored the first ever opening day hat-trick in the history of the premier league in 1993 against Arsenal. Dion Dublin also had an opening day hat-trick against Chelsea in 97. It’s a very elite club the club of opening day hat-tricks in the premier league, only 9 players IIRC and two are Sky Blue.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

Micky Quinn scored the first ever opening day hat-trick in the history of the premier league in 1993 against Arsenal. Dion Dublin also had an opening day hat-trick against Chelsea in 97. It’s a very elite club the club of opening day hat-tricks in the premier league, only 9 players IIRC and two are Sky Blue.
Peter Ndlovu - first visiting player to score a hat-trick at Anfield in 30 years.

Brighton Sky Blue

Doesn't have to be 5 or more than that, just the most goals you've seen one of our players score in a first team game.

I have to grudgingly admit Hurst's 6 is quite impressive (First Division, I guess).

I can't remember seeing one of ours score more than 3. Also can't remember seeing an opposition player do it either

Users who are viewing this thread