Most Cringeworthy Chants (1 Viewer)

KG7

Any songs that make your blood boil when you hear them?

Mine:

'Your support is fucking shite'
Only ever sung by the losing/smaller team. Whenever I hear this on TV I know exactly which team's fans are singing it.

'He does what he wants...etc' (not to be confused with 'He scores when he wants'
Just annoying.

'Oh when the Spurs go marching in'
Starting slow and speeding up - hate it.

'Duh Duh Duh Duh'
Bit boring. Hated it especially when suffixed by 'Fucking Useless'

There are more but this'll do for now...

ccfc92

Mine:

Only ever sung by the losing/smaller team. Whenever I hear this on TV I know exactly which team's fans are singing it.

'He does what he wants...etc' (not to be confused with 'He scores when he wants'
Just annoying.

'Oh when the Spurs go marching in'
Starting slow and speeding up - hate it.

'Duh Duh Duh Duh'
Bit boring. Hated it especially when suffixed by 'Fucking Useless'

There are more but this'll do for now...

i hate the spurs song. only southampton should be able to sing it, and even then its really gay.

mrbluesky87

Mine:

And by away fans at Sixfields on a Sunday:laugh::laugh:

dancers lance

.......and whilst we are on this subject, why the f@ck does every club in the land insist on belting out that shite chelsea dagger tune at every opportunity? It's as if they think "Hmmmm, these chimps will love this, it has no words"........and they do.

I get embarrassed when our fans sing SHIT ON THE VILLA, when we are not even playing them,,,,,,fucking embarrassing and it should stop and not be sung until we are actually playing the scum..

Monners

I was just about to say the same thing villa fans would laugh there heads of hearing that.

Some of my Villa fan mates do it indeed find it quite amusing. Got sung on the hill the other week by a few. I actually blushed with emabarressment!

Anyway - really hate the Liverpool bastardised version of the Fields of Athenry (Fields of Anfield Rd I think they sing).

Some of my Villa fan mates do it indeed find it quite amusing. Got sung on the hill the other week by a few. I actually blushed with emabarressment!

Anyway - really hate the Liverpool bastardised version of the Fields of Athenry (Fields of Anfield Rd I think they sing).

agree, yes a poor effort from the scousers,,,,it belongs to Celtic, as does you'll never walk alone, apparently sung by Celtic first, and copied by LFC - All the big clubs have real songs with verses I would love to have more Coventry songs, our are all chants except for LAST

mds

Not sure this really counts, a few folks in the west end singing/making fun of Dublin breaking his neck at Villa, totally wrong especially after the service he gave us i found it kinda disturbing!

dancers lance

Not a chant, but anybody saying "singer's corner" made me cringe.
But it's a 'play on words' Nick?................It always sounded to me like something my Nan would make up....dire.

ccfcrob

The "there were ten Germany bombers in the air' shite that was sung at hr

RoboCCFC90

'We all dream of a team of Gary Breen's'

I am not having that I love Gary Breen and that chants reminds me of happier times..

KG7

I am not having that I love Gary Breen and that chants reminds me of happier times..

I always thought he was shite.

I'll never forget the 97 season v Derby when he jogged back against their winger and almost sent us down!

RoboCCFC90

I'll never forget the 97 season v Derby when he jogged back against their winger and almost sent us down!

Divided opinion..

KG7

Yeah I always thought Dublin and McAllister were massively over rated for us too. (Although I realise I'm in the minority here).

Both had one good year for us before their contract ran down and then went elsewhere!

Sky Blue Harry H

Yeah I always thought Dublin and McAllister were massively over rated for us too. (Although I realise I'm in the minority here).

Both had one good year for us before their contract ran down and then went elsewhere!

Dion - played Centre half at Leicester when we won 2-0? and scored both - 11 out of 10 performance - immense (worth being a thumbs up for that game alone)

KG7

Dion - played Centre half at Leicester when we won 2-0? and scored both - 11 out of 10 performance - immense (worth being a thumbs up for that game alone)

Centre half he was classy.

But I could never understand why he would never win headers (as a Striker!) until the last ten games of the season or the final year of his contract.

McAllister was worse for me - a four year contract, shit for the first year, okay in the second, injured for the third, great in the fourth - then off, and lauded as a City legend for all of his hard work. Horrible bastard.

Last edited:

Colin1883

Or... Your going home in a f'in ambulance...

I also remember a few racist chants coming from the west end... How things have changed..,

CJ_covblaze

Reasonable player. However, remember his goal at Old Trafford? Oggy stood no chance. I'm sure Eion Jess scored another blinder past Oggy about 5 mins later and that Evashok (first Ukrainian Prem player but bloody dreadful) made his debut. Deano do you have it?

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

brean's own goal at OT,not sure and did Jess do an OG in the same Match?

See above! Already edited mate. Lost 3 or 4-1. Hucks definitely scored.

Hobo

Monkey noises towards black players

pusbccfc

We're so so boring on here.

Sometimes naming things like 'Singers Corner' and 'Jimmys Hill' is just an excuse to call them something that's not boring, just like 'the hill' and 'corner'.

'We love you' is the worst chant in history.

RPHunt

Monkey noises towards black players

I remember Everton fans, at Goodison, directing those noises at Ian St John who had just signed for City. As the fan ran off, St John pelted him with the bananas and went on to score - so I guess he had the last laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread