Morecambe-Fa Cup match thread (1 Viewer)

covhead1

This is rubbish, even if we win this i can't see any kind of descent cup run:(

Baginton

well it was a win and we are in the hat, but the start and end were piss poor on a bitterly cold day.

Was thinkng about going home after 20 minutes

Christie my MOM, his right wing runs are invaluble

great save by Dunn at the start, murphy'esque
Bakes, usual story, great goal but little else
Sheff had a mare til the penalty
we should play two forwards at home
how can a home team with 5 midfield be overun like we were today??
fair play to Robbins swapping Sheff and Barton

pluses... Adams, Moussa, Christie

Bring on the Blades...

stupot07

well it was a win and we are in the hat, but the start and end were piss poor on a bitterly cold day.

Was thinkng about going home after 20 minutes

Christie my MOM, his right wing runs are invaluble

great save by Dunn at the start, murphy'esque
Bakes, usual story, great goal but little else
Sheff had a mare til the penalty
we should play two forwards at home
how can a home team with 5 midfield be overun like we were today??
fair play to Robbins swapping Sheff and Barton

pluses... Adams, Moussa, Christie

Bring on the Blades...

Yeah, pretty much agree with all of that. It was a depressing reminder of the importance of McGoldrick and Bailey to the team.

Baker definitely scored at the right time in the second half, which took the sting out of the Morecombe we then looked more confident but apart from the disallowed goal I can't remember their goalie making a save in the second half, we seemed to have a lot of possession in the final third, but every cross seemed to ricochet out of play for a corner rather than create an opening.

Last edited:

CCFC_Charlie

Yeah, pretty much agree with all of that. It was a depressing reminder of the importance of McGoldrick and Bailey to the team.

Baker definitely scored at the right time in the second half, which took the sting out of the Morecombe we then looked more confident but apart from the disallowed goal I can't remember their goalie making a save in the second half, we seemed to have a lot of possession in the final third, but every cross seemed to ricochet out of play for a corner rather than create an opening.

I think a lot of that was due to O'Donovan being the lone striker. The balls into the box from the wings aren't going to work with him. Surprised he wasn't replaced or at least partnered by Ball.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think a lot of that was due to O'Donovan being the lone striker. The balls into the box from the wings aren't going to work with him. Surprised he wasn't replaced or at least partnered by Ball.

I agree Charlie. ROD was given a chance today but every tool available to him was taken away. no support given, too much of a gap between midfield and ROD, and when he was the one putting balls into the block, no one got on the end of them. I feel sorry for him at times

blitzer109

I was really impressed with Moussa today, his positioning and work rate were excellent.

ROD was to isolated to be effective but worked his socks off.

We ran down to many blind alleys at times and the failure to beat the first man when crossing irritates me but it was a workmanlike performance that got the job done at the end of day and a win is a win.

Roll on Tuesday.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Terrible performance mostly, had a good 25 minutes in the second half and that was it. Good switch to put Sheff as the supporting midfielder but didn't agree with Barton going on the left

shmmeee

Sorry if you saw both our start to the season and that game and are saying we are rubbish you have way too high expectations. We were a decent L1 side, which is a massive improvement from three months ago.

The team we were playing not only have a recent record of beating far better than us but are only a league below. Just like when we were in the champ we would expect to give lower prem teams a go, so would L2 sides against us.

People around me were complaining with every misplaced pass, every time Morcambe did anything constructive as if we were Man Utf against a pub team.

We are getting better slowly but surely. That's all that matters.

stupot07

Sorry if you saw both our start to the season and that game and are saying we are rubbish you have way too high expectations. We were a decent L1 side, which is a massive improvement from three months ago.

The team we were playing not only have a recent record of beating far better than us but are only a league below. Just like when we were in the champ we would expect to give lower prem teams a go, so would L2 sides against us.

People around me were complaining with every misplaced pass, every time Morcambe did anything constructive as if we were Man Utf against a pub team.

We are getting better slowly but surely. That's all that matters.

Bang on Shmmeee, we need to keep patient and not expect too much.

Astute

The life of a Cov fan.

A few weeks ago we were losing all the time. Talk was of relegation. Most were saying they would be very happy to win ugly if we had to. For a few weeks we have been winning nearly every game we play. Being happy with winning ugly has been forgotten about by many. If we keep winning I will be happy. Let the performances get slowly better but winning is the most important out of the two.

Unbelievable to play one up front at home to a League 2 side?
Felt sorry for ROD who worked his socks off to no avail.
Remain unconvinced by Barton who is I feel a luxury player that we can't afford at this level.
Plus point, Blair Adams who is a player worth keeping hold of. Defensively sound and brilliant forward runs. Long may he continue to wear the Sky Blue shirt.

htb24

That was a great game! As per Coventry played poor in the first half and came out like a bullet in the second. It was pretty god damn amazing 18 seconds in the second half when Baker made it 2, a guy ran past me to his seat saying "I missed it, oh god I missed it!". All in all it was a really good game, Morecambe got a bit scrappy towards the end and there should have been a few more cards. Does anyone know what happened to the Referee at half time?

covcity4life

The life of a Cov fan.

A few weeks ago we were losing all the time. Talk was of relegation. Most were saying they would be very happy to win ugly if we had to. For a few weeks we have been winning nearly every game we play. Being happy with winning ugly has been forgotten about by many. If we keep winning I will be happy. Let the performances get slowly better but winning is the most important out of the two.

i was thinkin about this yesterday

all we ever do is moan,now we are on a crazy run by cov standards yet noone seems happy still

will we ever be happy? the headstart we gave to other teams does dampen our league form i know but still its december and we have to have some faith.

Users who are viewing this thread