More Wasps BS? (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Didn't mention anything about having money to invest, or saying we were looking good. the teams is a combination of youth, new players and experience, are they direct replacements for the likes of Daley, Hughes, Le Roux, Beale, Cips, Wade etc no their not but all of those players weren't born world class they had to develop. Some of the young players coming through look very exciting and we still have some quality players like Taylor, Brookes, Young, Willis, Carr, Gopparth, Robson and Launchbury. I've never claimed this season would be easy but I can see a direction the club is going in and I believe this team will develop and grow into a very good team, I have my opinion and the majority of season ticket holders around me share this view but its only natural that not everybody will see things the same way, some fans think we should be challenging for the title every year and they think the team we have is crap. Rugby is different to Football as the salary cap means you can only keep a squad together for a few years before players wage demands mean you can't keep them any longer and at that point you have to bring through cheaper inexperienced youth and develop them into your next crop of players this is part of the reason why as people on here keep stating "any good players they have will soon be off" its the nature of rugby and is the same for all clubs, so i'm sure most of you have spoken to Wasps supporters that have told you the team is crap, all the best players have left, we are going to get relegated this season, my glass is half empty etc etc but that is no different to CCFC supporters like Coventrian who just come on here and spout doomsday scenarios regarding your present predicament. Some fans see green shoots of growth some see a dessert.

You will find that he is clearly trying to push an agenda.

It happens all of the time. Accounts pop up to try and push something.

peaches and cream

You will find that he is clearly trying to push an agenda.

It happens all of the time. Accounts pop up to try and push something.
Not really pushing anything to be honest, I can totally understand the hatred and ill feeling towards Wasps and everything to do with them even if i think it more the councils doing than ours. any comments made I've tried to answer honestly but only from the stance of my opinion, I've never stated Wasps are blameless in the what has happened or that I agree with everything they have done, I am passionate about the club I support just as much as anybody else on here but I also have a vested interest in CCFC as members of my family are season ticket holders which means there are regular conversations about what is going on at the moment.

Irish Sky Blue

I don't think that there should be a problem with fans of other clubs coming on here and adding to discussions providing they are not just here to abuse or wind up. This chap's posts, after the first few, have been polite and reasoned and give an insight from the other side. As far as I can see he is doing no harm and as mentioned, adding to the debate. At least he seems to have a genuine reason to support Wasps, unlike most locally based 'fans'.
That said, I sincerely hope that in the very near future he and others Wasps fans can support their club somewhere in the southeast and not in the stadium conceived and built for our team.

Kneeza

Didn't mention anything about having money to invest, or saying we were looking good. the teams is a combination of youth, new players and experience, are they direct replacements for the likes of Daley, Hughes, Le Roux, Beale, Cips, Wade etc no their not but all of those players weren't born world class they had to develop. Some of the young players coming through look very exciting and we still have some quality players like Taylor, Brookes, Young, Willis, Carr, Gopparth, Robson and Launchbury. I've never claimed this season would be easy but I can see a direction the club is going in and I believe this team will develop and grow into a very good team, I have my opinion and the majority of season ticket holders around me share this view but its only natural that not everybody will see things the same way, some fans think we should be challenging for the title every year and they think the team we have is crap. Rugby is different to Football as the salary cap means you can only keep a squad together for a few years before players wage demands mean you can't keep them any longer and at that point you have to bring through cheaper inexperienced youth and develop them into your next crop of players this is part of the reason why as people on here keep stating "any good players they have will soon be off" its the nature of rugby and is the same for all clubs, so i'm sure most of you have spoken to Wasps supporters that have told you the team is crap, all the best players have left, we are going to get relegated this season, my glass is half empty etc etc but that is no different to CCFC supporters like Coventrian who just come on here and spout doomsday scenarios regarding your present predicament. Some fans see green shoots of growth some see a dessert.
Lost your Academy Head Coach today I see.
That surely won't help the development of young players (which you seem to be implying that you really need).

CCFC54321

That surely won't help the development of young players (which you seem to be implying that you really need).
Common theme through that rugby club and that’s to get out while you can as the ships heading for an ice burg. Any remaining talent will be off soon.

peaches and cream

A good coach offered a chance to work with England's up and coming players so can't blame him for taking the chance, as it stands at Wasps he had already moved to first team coaching to help the transition with academy players that had moved to the senior squad. what does make me smile is every time somebody leaves or there is a bit of bad news concerning Wasps it's flashed up on here as if these things only happen to us, these things happen at every professional sporting club when somebody excels at what they do they end up moving to bigger and better things, didn't Robins leave for Huddersfield at some point when he thought he was getting a better offer or Dublin to Villa? also i'm not implying that we really need to develop youth its a fact we need to develop youth.

Nick

Administrator
A good coach offered a chance to work with England's up and coming players so can't blame him for taking the chance, as it stands at Wasps he had already moved to first team coaching to help the transition with academy players that had moved to the senior squad. what does make me smile is every time somebody leaves or there is a bit of bad news concerning Wasps it's flashed up on here as if these things only happen to us, these things happen at every professional sporting club when somebody excels at what they do they end up moving to bigger and better things, didn't Robins leave for Huddersfield at some point when he thought he was getting a better offer or Dublin to Villa? also i'm not implying that we really need to develop youth its a fact we need to develop youth.

Can't remember the last time we had a player trigger a clause in the contract about facilities so they could leave?

peaches and cream

Common theme through that rugby club and that’s to get out while you can as the ships heading for an ice burg. Any remaining talent will be off soon.
While players have left which for some reason you seem to think is a unique to Wasps we actually lost what would be considered 6 first team squad players while 11 signed new contracts so saying "Any remaining talent will be off soon" is stretching the facts somewhat.

peaches and cream

Can't remember the last time we had a player trigger a clause in the contract about facilities so they could leave?
I have no reason to doubt you are correct in that fact, Daley wanted to leave before his contract was finished so that he could earn more money, have a chance of winning things and be closer to his family and i actually don't have an issue with that but is that any different to Dublin refusing to play at Luton I believe it was because he was forcing through a move to Villa may not have been about facilities but almost certainly to do with money and profile.

Nick

Administrator
I have no reason to doubt you are correct in that fact, Daley wanted to leave before his contract was finished so that he could earn more money, have a chance of winning things and be closer to his family and i actually don't have an issue with that but is that any different to Dublin refusing to play at Luton I believe it was because he was forcing through a move to Villa may not have been about facilities but almost certainly to do with money and profile.

Is it not a bit worrying that the player has that clause in the first place? It shows how much faith they had in it.

Your new training ground facilities are getting even less believable than our new stadium.

peaches and cream

players from all sorts of sports and clubs have clauses inserted in their contracts, the facilities one is granted somewhat unusual but if that was important to him so be it i'm certainly not going to get bent out of shape about it. As for our new training facilities I actually agree with you like your new stadium i'll believe when i see it.

Kneeza

Keep smiling...

Brighton Sky Blue

The approach to wasps was before any breaking of a lease. You really are moronic.

It was indeed. But what's awkwardly true is that breaking the lease was done to try and bust ACL and get the Ricoh on the cheap. It assumed that nobody else would swoop in-big mistake.

Nick

Administrator
It was indeed. But what's awkwardly true is that breaking the lease was done to try and bust ACL and get the Ricoh on the cheap. It assumed that nobody else would swoop in-big mistake.
Didn't ACL apply to put the club into adminstration, which was what broke the lease?

fernandopartridge

Didn't ACL apply to put the club into adminstration, which was what broke the lease?
It would have yes but it didn't in the end, those running ACL were the same morons on the council, the ones who built a £113m asset that has made no return in 14 years. That's all to do with SISU of course.

Brighton Sky Blue

We ran up a bill of unpaid rent. They called in the administrators but got caught out when SISU called in their own ahead of time using the ARVO debenture.

Nick

Administrator
We ran up a bill of unpaid rent. They called in the administrators but got caught out when SISU called in their own ahead of time using the ARVO debenture.
The council agreed to the rent strike.

Let's not forget acl touting the "new owner" because of their forced takeover.

Users who are viewing this thread