More Wasps BS? (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes we know but that's before some crap hedgefund vacated the ground. A move that was oddly encouraged by some on here.

Well if it hadn't been for Wasps it would have worked. But the insects were there and the rest is history.

Brighton Sky Blue

The council agreed to the rent strike.

Let's not forget acl touting the "new owner" because of their forced takeover.

Of course not-about as pre-meditated as SISU organising the ARVO debenture so they could get their own administrator in before ACL inevitably would do the same over the rent. I don't pick a 'side' on this by the way-they're all wankers.

hill83

PM2947883MR160513MEET-08-Medium.jpg

torchomatic

I've said before on here quite a few times that the council are a bunch of rotten shits but why is it people like you will do to any lengths to divert attention away from our crooked owners? They started the rot.

Nope. Richardson, Robinson, McGinnity and leaving HR started the rot.

Nick

Administrator
I've said before on here quite a few times that the council are a bunch of rotten shits but why is it people like you will do to any lengths to divert attention away from our crooked owners? They started the rot.
People are stating basic facts.

You seem to go to any lengths to make things up, funny that.

Astute

You need to take a look at everything that happened in the time Richardson wrecked our club. Those who followed were firefighting without water. And what made it look worse is they were incompetent at best. We were screwed financially without a home as it had been sold, rented back at a disastrous rate and the new ground only reached the planning stage.

The council helped to get a new ground built. But they seemed to forget that it was supposed to be for the benefit of our football club. It seemed to be the final straw on the camels back that rewarded us with being taken over by SISU. We were already shafted by the time they turned up. That is how they got to take us over.

Grendel

You need to take a look at everything that happened in the time Richardson wrecked our club. Those who followed were firefighting without water. And what made it look worse is they were incompetent at best. We were screwed financially without a home as it had been sold, rented back at a disastrous rate and the new ground only reached the planning stage.

The council helped to get a new ground built. But they seemed to forget that it was supposed to be for the benefit of our football club. It seemed to be the final straw on the camels back that rewarded us with being taken over by SISU. We were already shafted by the time they turned up. That is how they got to take us over.

Richardson didn’t sell the rights of purchase and didn’t refuse to put the club into admin which would have solved everything

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Nobody diverts attention from SISU. They need to go. The PR has been shocking, they invested poorly at the beginning, hired Chris Coleman. Thus running up further debt.

they’ve already stated that they wouldn’t have bought the club.

nobody has ever stated they’re blameless. You use the same argument as we do... Just on the flip side.

ultimately both sides have a lot to answer for, but the one fact remains:

before the sale - whatever SISU did was repairable
After the Ricoh sale - what the council did has catastrophic repercussions for the club.

Astute

Richardson didn’t sell the rights of purchase and didn’t refuse to put the club into admin which would have solved everything
So it would have paid off the massive debt run up by Richardson? It would have paid for the land to build a stadium where the Ricoh stands as planned? It would have paid for the decontamination that was needed? It would have paid for the cost of building a stadium?

Yes Tesco's paid a lot towards it. But where would the rest have come from?

Suppose the truth doesn't matter when you have someone to defend.

Grendel

So it would have paid off the massive debt run up by Richardson? It would have paid for the land to build a stadium where the Ricoh stands as planned? It would have paid for the decontamination that was needed? It would have paid for the cost of building a stadium?

Yes Tesco's paid a lot towards it. But where would the rest have come from?

Suppose the truth doesn't matter when you have someone to defend.

What are you on about - we would have stayed at highfield road it was mcginnity in cahoots with the council that forced it through it the end.

Astute

What are you on about - we would have stayed at highfield road it was mcginnity in cahoots with the council that forced it through it the end.
McGinnity took us away from HR? McGinnity sold HR? McGinnity agreed to 1.2m rent on HR after selling it? McGinnity left us countless millions in debt and without a home of our own?

No that was Richardson.

fernandopartridge

McGinnity took us away from HR? McGinnity sold HR? McGinnity agreed to 1.2m rent on HR after selling it? McGinnity left us countless millions in debt and without a home of our own?

No that was Richardson.

Richardson left in January 2002, at that stage all options were still on the table including remaining at Highfield Road. McGinnity pursued the disastrous move to the Ricoh. He was on the board along with Richardson and others (Robinson, Higgs and Richardson) , I find them all as culpable for the financial position the club was in.

Astute

Richardson left in January 2002, at that stage all options were still on the table including remaining at Highfield Road. McGinnity pursued the disastrous move to the Ricoh. He was on the board along with Richardson and others (Robinson, Higgs and Richardson) , I find them all as culpable for the financial position the club was in.
Yes options were still on the table. But would you like to explain where the cash would have come from to buy HR back? We were so much in debt and the wages were so high that the money that we got from selling HR didn't last very long. And we couldn't raise any more.

But yes I suppose we should take the heat off Richardson.

Liquid Gold

Yes options were still on the table. But would you like to explain where the cash would have come from to buy HR back? We were so much in debt and the wages were so high that the money that we got from selling HR didn't last very long. And we couldn't raise any more.

Selling the land to Tesco at the Ricoh would have been more than enough to buy back HR

skybluesam66

The problem was, we lost our bottle at the wrong time. We should either not have started the investment in the PL, or not cut so much on relegation
An instant promotion instead of panicking, and we would have been able to quickly clear the debts while moving to the Ricoh whilst in the premier league

Grendel

How much was it to buy it back?

fernandopartridge

How much was it to buy it back?

Something like £5.5m, less than the share of the Arena. It was a fully developed asset with a resale value and extant planning permission for houses come what may, think the club even with its poor financial position could have raised finance to buy it instead of the £6.5m write off for the worthless Higgs Share in a company with no established revenue and a big loan liability.

Grendel

Something like £5.5m, less than the share of the Arena. It was a fully developed asset with a resale value and extant planning permission for houses come what may, think the club even with its poor financial position could have raised finance to buy it instead of the £6.5m write off for the worthless Higgs Share in a company with no established revenue and a big loan liability.

yep exactly - I’m sure the fact mcginnity at the time had a vested interest in getting bums on seats at a new stadium was purely co incidental in his thinking

Astute

So how much did we put towards the cost of the arena in total? As in how much money did we manage to raise.

fernandopartridge

So how much did we put towards the cost of the arena in total? As in how much money did we manage to raise.

For once understand the point being made, it is utterly irrelevant how much was or wasn't put towards the Arena. I think they totalled it up at a couple of million.

Astute

For once understand the point being made, it is utterly irrelevant how much was or wasn't put towards the Arena. I think they totalled it up at a couple of million.
Me understand?

You make out that we could have had HR back. But you ignore that we didn't have the money to buy it back and no means to raise the money. That is why Richardson sold HR and never did anything about a new ground. As you know he still lies about what happened. It was only last year that he said he had paid for the land the Ricoh stands on. Only someone like yourself who doesn't mind twisting the truth to try and make certain people look an idiot (But usually fails) would try and take blame away from Richardson.

You also ignore that they forcibly removed Richardson. Yes those who followed Richardson might have done a better job. But it was never going to be easy when HR was sold and the money used to keep us going as we werr in debt a as much as the bank would allow.

Then you also always ignore that Richardson rented back HR at 1.2m a year yet would tell us how bad it was that CCC charged us the same for a brand new stadium.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Still to early to say in reality, we have only been totally out played once by Gloucester at their place and that wasn't unexpected as I think they have a real chance of making the final this year, the match against London Irish was thrown away as we had plenty of opportunities to finish the game and didn't take them, and Sale was another game where we actually played quite well but gave away too many penalties that were converted and cost us the game, apart from Gloucester we have looked capable of scoring tries and winning games but discipline has let us down and cost us points, we have a host of new players and academy products as well as numerous players back from long term injury so it will take a will for it all to bed in, between now and 21st December we only have 1 league match the rest are the Micky mouse European games which will help to get players back up to speed so I would expect results to improve from Christmas
That'll be the same Gloucester that then lost to bottom-club-in-waiting Tigers?

Grendel

Me understand?

You make out that we could have had HR back. But you ignore that we didn't have the money to buy it back and no means to raise the money. That is why Richardson sold HR and never did anything about a new ground. As you know he still lies about what happened. It was only last year that he said he had paid for the land the Ricoh stands on. Only someone like yourself who doesn't mind twisting the truth to try and make certain people look an idiot (But usually fails) would try and take blame away from Richardson.

You also ignore that they forcibly removed Richardson. Yes those who followed Richardson might have done a better job. But it was never going to be easy when HR was sold and the money used to keep us going as we werr in debt a as much as the bank would allow.

Then you also always ignore that Richardson rented back HR at 1.2m a year yet would tell us how bad it was that CCC charged us the same for a brand new stadium.

We didn’t pay back £1.2 m a year - that’s straight from the PWKH line of spin

he was forcibly removed so Mcginnitys cronies didn’t lose their money and he had a personal interest in pursuing the stadium project

Grendel

Is it?

How about a first from you? Evidence :rolleyes:

A first? Where is the evidence it was? It was never that much even the last year was it? Also the actual rent was not the full payment was it?

where have you got the £1.2m from anyway?

Astute

A first? Where is the evidence it was? It was never that much even the last year was it? Also the actual rent was not the full payment was it?

where have you got the £1.2m from anyway?
Which one wasn't 1.2m?

Where is your evidence instead of going around in circles like you enjoy others to do?

Users who are viewing this thread