More Wasps BS? (1 Viewer)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It's in danger of turning into an anti-rugby rant, but hey-ho. Never understood why so many Rugby fans are 'die hards' for the six nations and World Cup but have never watched a club game in their life and wouldn't have a clue who was top of the table etc. My work has plenty of them. Surely you love the sport or you don't? Not saying people can't flicker in here and there for interest, but they always make out they're #1 Rugby supporter.

Liquid Gold

Me and the bloke I set next to are NFL fans too and when Mr. Rugby Bore walks by and hears us talking about that he has to add that it's for wimps that can't play rugby without padding. Go and drink a pint all your mates have dipped their balls in you twat.

clint van damme

Me and the bloke I set next to are NFL fans too and when Mr. Rugby Bore walks by and hears us talking about that he has to add that it's for wimps that can't play rugby without padding. Go and drink a pint all your mates have dipped their balls in you twat.

They really are fucking idiots. I don't watch sport to see overt displays of masculinity, I watch to see skill and tenacity. Not a fat bloke jogging with an egg

M&B Stand

Went to somebody's do in London once and had the misfortune of chatting to a husband of a woman I worked with. He was from Derbyshire originally but now lived in Surrey and had adopted that wanky accent rugby people talk with, kept going on about 'Twickers'. Nause.

What is it with people like that? are they trying to impress with their ‘look how middle class I am I go the the rugger’ bullshit. It’s definitely a weird crowd

hill83

Have we got the inferiority complex?

giphy.gif

Otis

Went to somebody's do in London once and had the misfortune of chatting to a husband of a woman I worked with. He was from Derbyshire originally but now lived in Surrey and had adopted that wanky accent rugby people talk with, kept going on about 'Twickers'. Nause.
Twickers is almost as bad as Stans.

ccfc92

While we are on Rugby.

Why is it, whenever I happen to mention to someone that I don't like Rugby, usually when it's on in the pub or something, the first thing they do is mention football.
Like "at least Rugby players don't dive about like fannies like in football".
Why mention football, I didn't bring it up. Why not compare it to Tennis or American Football.

I've definitely said this before on here but it happened about 5 times last weekend.

Edit: Also I don't make a point of going around telling people I don't like Rugby, but when people try to engage in a conversation about it I'd rather let them know than pretend to get what they are on about.

It does seem the go to. It's ironic, because Sunday League/5 a side can be brutal and no one fannies around.

ICHAN

Rugby is a great game to play but can be a little tedious to watch at times. Peaches and Cream you are welcome to support an exiled London team of course, but you must realise your a paying puppet of a club that has sold it's soul to try and be financially successful. No sporting club should play outside of its home town and efore you say it, yes it's shocking CCFC are doing this too....albeit with the 'help' of Wasps. Leaving the why we are doing that to one side, to move a club the distance your owners have is down right disrespectful to the fans that sustained it all those years it was based in London. Sporting allegiance is often passed down the generations and your club has acted like it has forgotten this in an attempt to make more money. Should you be a Coventry Wasp I genuinely pity you as your beloved club will move again if they need to and when and if that time comes you will have zero say in the matter.
American football openly moves clubs to where the money is and they can have big attendances to pay huge salaries. Your club are no better than this and that's shocking. Before you launch into some sort of anti CCFC response, we are well aware of the club's issues and to criticise CCFC does not justify your owners ideas on fan loyalty and opportunistic relocations.

Very much what I was going to say about wasps owners and the way they feel about their fan base.
Another thing I would like to add onto this ccfc1234 if I may is this.
Let's take the people who go to watch wasps from Coventry and the surrounding areas, off their attendances, these people would never had gone to watch wasps (shame they couldn't have gone and supported cov rugby with the same enthusiasm) if they hadn't moved here, what would wasps attendances really be?
Can't these people who support wasps the fans who have watched them for years see what their owners have done to them?
Maybe they should be protesting against their owners for what they have done to them.

scottccfc

It does seem the go to. It's ironic, because Sunday League/5 a side can be brutal and no one fannies around.
Sometimes a Monday at work is funny, I.play rugby and another lad plays Sunday league football. I'm.sure he has had more injuries than I have and I.play in the front row!

Hobo

They really are fucking idiots. I don't watch sport to see overt displays of masculinity, I watch to see skill and tenacity. Not a fat bloke jogging with an egg

There is plenty of skill in rugby, not all musculinity. Jogging haha when was the last time you watched a game.

I find your coment as embarrassing as Rugby fans who say footballers dive and roll around all the time and are like children arguing with the ref.

If people dont like a sport fair enough. But to keep banging the same old tired drums about another sport they supposedly don't care about seems very odd.

Otis

Hasn’t that been debunked recently and it turns out that football is another import from the Silk Road? I.e. China invented it.
No way.

If they did, every ground and every pie in every ground and every ball and every goalpost in the country would have 'made in China' stamped on it.

clint van damme

There is plenty of skill in rugby, not all musculinity. Jogging haha when was the last time you watched a game.

I find your coment as embarrassing as Rugby fans who say footballers dive and roll around all the time and are like children arguing with the ref.

If people dont like a sport fair enough. But to keep banging the same old tired drums about another sport they supposedly don't care about seems very odd.

It's your lack of a sense of humour you should be embarrassed about.
And I'd never dream of going on a rugby message board to either slag rugby or big up football. That's also embarrassing.

letsallsingtogether

Sometimes a Monday at work is funny, I.play rugby and another lad plays Sunday league football. I'm.sure he has had more injuries than I have and I.play in the front row!
That's because they spend more time on their arses.

Users who are viewing this thread