More Wasps BS? (9 Viewers)

chiefdave

Contrary too popular belief the vast majority of Wasps fan do actually have sympathy with your plight and some (i have no idea how many) have voiced that opinion to the club, Wasps need a training ground asap but not at all costs and this location seems less and less suitable by the day.
If that is the case they do a very good job of keeping it quiet. There were numerous Wasps fans calling for CCFC to be kicked out of the Ricoh and I can't find a single mention from a Wasps fan showing concern regarding the new training ground proposal.

Would suggest that if they were a bit more vocal they might not be viewed so negatively.

Nick

Administrator
Eastwood must be one of the luckiest men around. First he accidentally stumbles across a stadium that Wasps are practically gifted then he stumbles across a training ground.

Wonder how long he has been on the governors for them?

It is a massive coincidence again isn't it? Did he just overhear them say "Oh we have this potential training ground" and he said "Well now you mention it".

I like how again Wasps are saying they don't want any minutes from the meeting they had, same as they didn't when they met with the Trust but the Henley group are just saying what happened anyway.

ceetee

They reported that local clubs had been told they would no longer have access and interviewed someone who I took to be a spokesman for the organised protest. I presume its available for replay - was the 7:30 am bulletin

Nick

Administrator
Would Sport England get involved?

Surely if Ryton can't be sold which isn't public anyway without Sport England's consent and go ahead that a public facility like that must need reassurances?

russ15

They reported that local clubs had been told they would no longer have access and interviewed someone who I took to be a spokesman for the organised protest. I presume its available for replay - was the 7:30 am bulletin
Haha, that was me, made me remember that I need to get my hair cut! The whole thing is on tonight's 6-30 edition as far as I know.

Last edited:

SkyBlueCharlie9

Would Sport England get involved?

Surely if Ryton can't be sold which isn't public anyway without Sport England's consent and go ahead that a public facility like that must need reassurances?
Sports England will be consulted and will be very likely to object in which case application cannot be approved without sign off from Secretary Of State. Wasps will no doubt argue provision of 'first class sporting excellence facilities' so depends how that is swallowed. If Henley area is a Tory run council and Tory government reelected the 'love' of rugby will hold a lot of sway. Community could be simply given a field as mitigation which would be hopelessly inadequate given range of sports. Complicated and will take a couple of years to resolve - even longer if judicially reviewed by local organisations!

chiefdave

If Henley area is a Tory run council and Tory government reelected the 'love' of rugby will hold a lot of sway. Community could be simply given a field as mitigation which would be hopelessly inadequate given range of sports. Complicated and will take a couple of years to resolve - even longer if judicially reviewed by local organisations!
Looks like its a Tory MP
Nadhim Zahawi, who was the MP for Stratford-upon-Avon prior to the announcement of the forthcoming General Election, has met Wasps chairman Derek Richardson and the club's chief executive officer Steve Vaughan concerning the plans.

Mr Zahawi said: "It was very apparent to me that Wasps are extremely excited about this move and are clearly determined to play their part in the Henley community and to make the facility work for all residents.

"Wasps are a fantastic West Midlands sports team and brand and it is great news they have chosen Henley and the Stratford district to be their new home."

Grendel

I saw you tweeted Simon Gilbert - take it you’ve got radio silence?

Oh yes. He does like looking at my LinkedIn account though and then replying with my name. Since I pointed out it would have been the only piece of investigative journalism he’s done other than oddly Dave Johnson was crawling over it before we’ve not been on good terms

Nick

Administrator
Oh yes. He does like looking at my LinkedIn account though and then replying with my name. Since I pointed out it would have been the only piece of investigative journalism he’s done other than oddly Dave Johnson was crawling over it before we’ve not been on good terms

At least you have your own parody account now, just a shame the thick pricks haven't figured out how to make it less obvious.

fernandopartridge

TBF the BBC are on this already, one of their more senior reporters instead of Legohead.

Grendel

At least you have your own parody account now, just a shame the thick pricks haven't figured out how to make it less obvious.

Yes it’s embarrassing - I’m going on the attack shortly about that as well

Peter Billing

London bully boys pushing out the plebs. The arrogance is amazing. They’ve lied about CCFC’s tenure at the Ricoh, lied about discussions to takeover CCFC and lied to bondholders about their finances and are under investigation for it by the FCA. Now the public is expected to believe this deal had nothing to do with Nick Eastwood as a Governor of Warwickshire College. And not forgetting many Coventry Councillors claimed to be convinced in the decision to sell them the Ricoh by their commitment to building a training centre IN Coventry. It stinks and good on Henley-In-Arden for not rolling over.

chiefdave

Sure it is a complete coincidence that on a day Midlands Today, CWR and Cov Observer all feature this story which shows Wasps in a negative light the Telegraph and Trust drop out a new stadium story that, if you read behind the headline, has no substance to it.

Nick

Administrator
Sure it is a complete coincidence that on a day Midlands Today, CWR and Cov Observer all feature this story which shows Wasps in a negative light the Telegraph and Trust drop out a new stadium story that, if you read behind the headline, has no substance to it.

Just another co-incidence I am sure.

The fact one of the Trust's board members seem to have had no idea about it also sum it up.

Let's not forget the bit about them thanking Wasps ;)

letsallsingtogether

Sports England will be consulted and will be very likely to object in which case application cannot be approved without sign off from Secretary Of State. Wasps will no doubt argue provision of 'first class sporting excellence facilities' so depends how that is swallowed. If Henley area is a Tory run council and Tory government reelected the 'love' of rugby will hold a lot of sway. Community could be simply given a field as mitigation which would be hopelessly inadequate given range of sports. Complicated and will take a couple of years to resolve - even longer if judicially reviewed by local organisations!
What like the Tory run council in Cov that said this was a Rugby City?

Nick

Administrator
The Q&A between the Trust and city council also revealed the council's desire for the Sky Blues to return to the Ricoh Arena with the council saying: "It is our belief that CCFC could and should return to the Ricoh and whilst we can advocate for that solution we have no ability in influencing any action of CCFC and their owners."

What did Wasps say on the latest developments?
CoventryLive asked if Wasps were aware of the Q&A between the city council and Sky Blue Trust with the rugby club saying it only became aware of it upon publication.

Asked if the rugby club had a response to the document, the club said it did not.

CoventryLive also asked: "Are there any ongoing talks between Wasps and Coventry City and/or their owners?"

Wasps responded: "There remains an on-going relationship but there are no specific talks beyond that."

Finally CoventryLive asked: "What are the current barriers to an agreement being made between Wasps and Coventry City?"

To which the response was: "As the club know, there has to be a ceasing of any legal action or proceedings before we can enter negotiations."

I am not too sure how anybody can even attempt to deny it's an awful PR attempt to shift it over to getting everybody angry at SISU.

RegTheDonk

Eastwood must be one of the luckiest men around. First he accidentally stumbles across a stadium that Wasps are practically gifted then he stumbles across a training ground.
Yeah, unfortunately it's not as easy to fiddle the lotto numbers.

shepardo01

Back onto the issues re training ground that have been deflected away from!!!
This from "Drunken Wasps" board:

Posted by: WONKYWASP1 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2019 10:27

Hoping for a W - thinking positive - feeling de boys will do well. There appear to be local problems in planning concerning the proposed sale and developmenof the possible ((or not) training grounnd. Can't think that Wasps would really behave in the way suggested by the BBC last night on Midlands tv. Safe journeys to you all wherever you may be. C O Y W.

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2019 10:40

Wonky, what was being suggested on TV?

Morning all, on our way from a dismal south Bucks in an hour or so.
Hoping for some brightness in Cov this afternoon, if only on the pitch !

WONKYWASP1 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 November, 2019 11:10

It was 2, 3 minutes short involving about 6 to 10 local act ivity groups of every age - all of whom use the site for their sport and apparently have no alternative site to go to. They are not happy. At all. It could that the BBC is stirring it, or someone else is. Nick Eastwood was not involved as he decl;ared int erest, and didn't take part in any meetings. It seems rather odd.

"Can't think that Wasps would behave in a way suggested by the bbc"!!!!!!!

Hahaha.... the ignorance...

Right, this explains all the aggression in the other thread and the hostility towards the idea that it is good news that the club are looking at a few sites and not just one. Maybe that news has been released to counter this news I don't know, however for me that doesn't change the fact that it is good news.

Nick

Administrator
Right, this explains all the aggression in the other thread and the hostility towards the idea that it is good news that the club are looking at a few sites and not just one. Maybe that news has been released to counter this news I don't know, however for me that doesn't change the fact that it is good news.
It's not new news....

It's nearly as obvious as accounts like yours chirping up

It's not new news....

It's nearly as obvious as accounts like yours chirping up

I have no interest in Wasps and don't read about them. I hadn't read about this training site or the bad PR about it.
You maybe right that the proposed sites for the new ground getting leaked was to counter that PR.
I don't know, believe that or not I don't really give a shit its just a fact.
I now understand why you were reacting the way you were. However I still believe the fact Sisu haven't rubbished the sites or the story and the fact the two are not going at each other cat and mouse style in the paper is a positive sign.
You stay miserable in your agenda focus world. I am going to stick to my views.
Oh and for me personally multiple sites getting identified was new news.

Users who are viewing this thread