More Wasps BS? (8 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Can anybody imagine if Fisher had joined the board of a school and then it turns out SISU are going to buy something off the same school and kick loads of sports clubs out?

Gilbert and the Telegraph would be tweeting 100 times an hour about it,

Interesting that the people campaigning have managed to get it on Midlands Today:

There's even a Leicester City Academy scheme against it:

shepardo01

Interesting that the people campaigning have managed to get it on Midlands Today.

The Trust get things on MTD and ITV... just only the stuff that suits their agenda... they have been very quiet recently.
CJ... what are the trusts views on this from Wasps, as it is similar to them being a major factor displacing CCFC from the City?
Anybody tried copying in Cov Tel on Twitter... ??...... lol.....

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
The Trust get things on MTD and ITV... just only the stuff that suits their agenda... they have been very quiet recently.
CJ... what are the trusts views on this from Wasps, as it is similar to them being a major factor displacing CCFC from the City?
Anybody tried copying in Cov Tel on Twitter... ??...... lol.....

Again, is the Telegraph's Rugby Reporter going to quiz them on it? I doubt that very much.

clint van damme

Can anybody imagine if Fisher had joined the board of a school and then it turns out SISU are going to buy something off the same school and kick loads of sports clubs out?

Interesting that the people campaigning have managed to get it on Midlands Today:

There's even a Leicester City Academy scheme against it:

the bastards have driven us to siding with the knicker stichers, beyond the pale.

chiefdave

Gilbert and the Telegraph would be tweeting 100 times an hour about it
Surprises me that their fans aren't bothered in the slightest when they get up to this sort of thing. Not a word from them when we were kicked out of the Ricoh, when they got Leamington Archery club evicted, when they stitched up Old Leamingtonians or this new training centre.

I'm not saying if Fisher said we've got a new stadium but its going to screw over someone else that everyone would be against it, sure there would be some who would be fine with it, but there would definitely be questions asked. Look at when there was talk of moving to the Butts, numerous posters said they'd only be in favour if it worked in CRFC's favour as well.

Nick

Administrator
Surprises me that their fans aren't bothered in the slightest when they get up to this sort of thing. Not a word from them when we were kicked out of the Ricoh, when they got Leamington Archery club evicted, when they stitched up Old Leamingtonians or this new training centre.

I'm not saying if Fisher said we've got a new stadium but its going to screw over someone else that everyone would be against it, sure there would be some who would be fine with it, but there would definitely be questions asked. Look at when there was talk of moving to the Butts, numerous posters said they'd only be in favour if it worked in CRFC's favour as well.
They probably don't know, the same as Les Reid was making up about their accounts being fiddled

fernandopartridge

So they are going to launch community efforts into Solihull and Birmingham, presumably that will reduce such efforts in Coventry meaning even less community benefit locally. A whole new area to give free tickets to though. I really hope their planning application is given a rough ride by the people of South Warwickshire. It’s a new low, kicking the local community out of such a facility.
Knew that was their strategy with this

Frostie

I was at a business event some months ago & "A chance encounter" is exactly how Nick Eastwood described being offered the Ricoh too.

russ15

Thanks to everyone for sharing and discussing this. As posted a few pages back(when I got back from the Colchester game), I am one of the people running this campaign. I'm a Cov Kid and fan, who moved out to Henley a while back now. We are desperate to keep the only communal sports facility for miles around, and need all the support we can get. I won't go in to the ins and outs for legal reasons, but we had a meeting with them the other night, and were told that if they got planning permission for the site, we were not welcome. Please support our petition and share with anyone you know. We are starting to gain a fair bit of local coverage and are on CWR at 7 in the morning, and Midlands Today tomorrow at 6-30. PUSB
Sign the Petition

CCFC54321

Thanks to everyone for sharing and discussing this. As posted a few pages back(when I got back from the Colchester game), I am one of the people running this campaign. I'm a Cov Kid and fan, who moved out to Henley a while back now. We are desperate to keep the only communal sports facility for miles around, and need all the support we can get. I won't go in to the ins and outs for legal reasons, but we had a meeting with them the other night, and were told that if they got planning permission for the site, we were not welcome. Please support our petition and share with anyone you know. We are starting to gain a fair bit of local coverage and are on CWR at 7 in the morning, and Midlands Today tomorrow at 6-30. PUSB
Sign the Petition
Good luck and signed along with shared.

good luck with stopping these scum bags getting planning permission. I have a feeling they won’t get it. Hopefully they will realise then that they aren’t wanted in these areas and go.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Sign the Petition
Have you reached out to the telegraph? Be interesting what they think of it

shepardo01

Have you reached out to the telegraph? Be interesting what they think of it
We all know the "Waspograph" wont touch it....or will twist it round to hide the essence of what is going on.
Russ, if you can get them to cover it properly, you will have done a damn good job. They are a pro Wasps/anti sisu paper. Might be worth highlighting on further public platforms if they DON'T cover it adequately......
You are doing a Great job... so much better than our own "supporters trust" who also won't touch/have anything said about W**ps....
Keep up the good work Russ....!!!!

Last edited:

CCFC54321

Sign the Petition
“Coventry Telegraph supports Wasps removal of disabled basketball team
“ would be the way to push that
The telegraph are reading this thread and will be even more entrenched with wasps.

ive said it before on here and I’ll bang the drum again. Is anyone from the telegraph receiving benefits from wasps such as season tickets or free tickets or even anything else as this is becoming now obvious that the telegraph isn’t represented the Coventry public or reporting negative news on wasps.

Esoterica

The telegraph are reading this thread and will be even more entrenched with wasps.

ive said it before on here and I’ll bang the drum again. Is anyone from the telegraph receiving benefits from wasps such as season tickets or free tickets or even anything else as this is becoming now obvious that the telegraph isn’t represented the Coventry public or reporting negative news on wasps.
They aren’t a local rag anymore and I’d wager Wasps are their biggest sponsor by a country mile. Why do people act surprised when they aren’t dishing out top quality investigative journalism of their primary income?!

Gynnsthetonic

We all know the "Waspograph" wont touch it....or will twist it round to hide the essence of what is going on.
Russ, if you can get them to cover it properly, you will have done a damn good job. They are a pro Wasps/anti sisu paper. Might be worth highlighting on further public platforms if they DON'T cover it adequately......
You are doing a Great job... so much better than our own "supporters trust" who also won't touch/have anything said about W**ps....
Keep up the good work Russ....!!!!
'The Waspograph'
Love It !

Skyblueweeman

Sign the Petition

Don't live locally and I've never been to Henley but I've just signed the petition. Good work. Keep it up.

Does Les Reid know? I'm sure he'd be glad to publish something, surely?

Tommo1993

Signed a while back, and shared on Twitter. Hope it’s on all the other social media sites too. The recognition can be pushed a lot further I feel.

peaches and cream

Contrary too popular belief the vast majority of Wasps fan do actually have sympathy with your plight and some (i have no idea how many) have voiced that opinion to the club, Wasps need a training ground asap but not at all costs and this location seems less and less suitable by the day.

Nick

Administrator
Contrary too popular belief the vast majority of Wasps fan do actually have sympathy with your plight and some (i have no idea how many) have voiced that opinion to the club, Wasps need a training ground asap but not at all costs and this location seems less and less suitable by the day.

Maybe they can try to blackmail all of the clubs there that they can still train there as long as they go to every Wasps match?

It's usually their style.

Users who are viewing this thread